1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Track crash.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Mitch Keys, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mitch Keys

Mitch Keys

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, When I export my tack right, I go ingame and when i go to load up my track it goes to the loading screen but the bar immediately stops and crashes to desktop. I have restarted the game numerous times but to no avail. The track is exported to the rFactor program files folder.

Thanks for you time,
    Mitch.

2. bigcarva

bigcarva

Ratings:
    +0
    when your tracks is loading, press alt+tab to go windows and watch the pop-up error. to see whats happen.

3. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    retired from this site. Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    does it ask for a BKA.DDS or a BKB.DDS?

I have the same problem and i can only load the tracks when i put a BK*.DDS file in the root folder of the track.

4. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    yep - sounds a lot like either a missing skybox (or background texture, as above) or a missing AIW file... run rF in debug mode so it produces a trace file - if neither of those situations are the case.... :wink:

5. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    retired from this site. Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    how do you run rFactor in debug mode?

6. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    i believe it's exactly the same as evo and friends... not done it for a while.. but you add:

-trace=1000

to the start up short cut (as a command line parameter) and it produces a trace.txt somewhere in one of the log or userdata folders....

sometimes it's no use - but other times it can save hours of guesswork....

7. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    have you put in new textures like i have. i try 3 diffrent textures into xpacker, exported to rfactor, get halfway loading screen then crash rfactor.