1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track crash.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Mitch Keys, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hey, When I export my tack right, I go ingame and when i go to load up my track it goes to the loading screen but the bar immediately stops and crashes to desktop. I have restarted the game numerous times but to no avail. The track is exported to the rFactor program files folder.

Thanks for you time,
  2. when your tracks is loading, press alt+tab to go windows and watch the pop-up error. to see whats happen.
  3. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

does it ask for a BKA.DDS or a BKB.DDS?

I have the same problem and i can only load the tracks when i put a BK*.DDS file in the root folder of the track.
  4. yep - sounds a lot like either a missing skybox (or background texture, as above) or a missing AIW file... run rF in debug mode so it produces a trace file - if neither of those situations are the case.... :wink:
  5. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

how do you run rFactor in debug mode?
  6. i believe it's exactly the same as evo and friends... not done it for a while.. but you add:

to the start up short cut (as a command line parameter) and it produces a trace.txt somewhere in one of the log or userdata folders....

sometimes it's no use - but other times it can save hours of guesswork....
  7. have you put in new textures like i have. i try 3 diffrent textures into xpacker, exported to rfactor, get halfway loading screen then crash rfactor.