1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Toyota withdraws from Formula 1

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Neil Gault, Nov 4, 2009.

1. :O

Didn't see that, thought they'd stick it out. Very little Japanese motorsport participation now as the article says and it looks like Qadbak/Sauber are back in for 2010.

2. :O Wow I didn't see that coming!!! Thats a really big shame! they were just starting to make an impact and Kobyashi is left without a drive that he deserves!!

3. I hope kamui kobayashi get's a drive at another team now.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

+1

He's certainly lively enough to warrant someone giving him a chance.

5. Probably one of the newcomers, there's vacant seat at BMW and Mclaren i believe but i can't see them hiring him

6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Poor Koba he did great :(

A cheaper F1 with less dependence on manufacturers looks as the way to go for me, they only want inmediate resutls... Renault next one?

7. Koboyashi and Hamilton at McLaren? :D

8. I don't think Toyota or even Honda left F1 because they hadn't got immediate results. For the Japanese it's the whole honour thing that permeates the Japanese culture. Toyota, like Honda before it, could not been seen to be spending money on F1 whilst reporting big financial losses, they can't tolerate the loss of "face".

BMW was probably more to do with less than ideal results underlined by less than comfortable financial reports and low investor confidence.

9. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

At least they don't do Harakiri :shock:

10. It's all about the money.

Sauber will likely take their place.