Cars Toyota Sera WIP

as you're always open to criticism, the tiling on the dashboard is rather obvious
Zwischenablage02.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

I don't really like this car but for sure the quality is here. Awesome level of details :thumbsup:

Wow this is very nice work :D

Did these come to the UK? I can't ever remember seeing one.

The only thing I'd do would be to add some masking or 'effect' to the chrome bit of the exhaust. I've always had a niggling issue with chrome exhausts looking over-bright as they go under the car.
Even though it's no more accurate to fade the reflectivity or metalness out as the exhaust is occluded, it just looks more correct to me :D

Inspirational as always though, it makes me want to finish my stuff so thank you for sharing!

Dave

Wow this is very nice work :D

Did these come to the UK? I can't ever remember seeing one.

The only thing I'd do would be to add some masking or 'effect' to the chrome bit of the exhaust. I've always had a niggling issue with chrome exhausts looking over-bright as they go under the car.
Even though it's no more accurate to fade the reflectivity or metalness out as the exhaust is occluded, it just looks more correct to me :D

Inspirational as always though, it makes me want to finish my stuff so thank you for sharing!

Dave
Yep same thoughts here about the shiny exhausts, posted it a while ago:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/toyota-sera-wip.123045/page-3#post-2418601
Played a bit with the map.dds file, messing with the RGB values until I've got something I like.
Screenshot_toyota_sera_trd_skidpad05_9-3-117-11-18-4229.jpg

Oops almost missed this message. What do you mean with "to keep me going"?

I tend to lose focus after a while, might be because of the lack of reference points (modeling a 911). Might have to try the camera matching utility you are using! :)

Sera's a bit heavier (glass is heavy, plus the chassis strengthening) than a Starlet, but similar.

The Sera was only officially sold in Japan, but there are about 300 in the UK. McLaren bought one and reversed engineered the doors for the F1 (and subsequent cars). Lotus had a dead Sera from me for the Project M250 Monaco concept (which became the Evora - albeit with conventional doors)

They planned two additional versions - a higher performance one which would probably have used Starlet Turbo drivetrain, and an open top one, but not sure that would have worked - targa roof panels? Replacing rear screen with a canvas top? Toyota did a MR2 Spider (SW20), so maybe similar to that?

The attention to detail left me speechless, this is so unbelievably crazy :confused:
I'm wondering if the automatic transmission will work like a real torque converter, since i've never seen a mod with a real, soft-shifting automatic

At least it would be nice to limit the gearbox selection somehow, only auto for the stock version, only manual for TRD.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back