1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Toyota GT-86 & Subaru BRZ

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by Knut Omdal Tveito, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Rear-wheel drive
    200hp boxer engine
    Compact design 4,240mm long, 1,285mm high and 2,570mm wide

What more can you ask for:) Lovely concept IMO.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. BMW Z4-ish looking from behind.

Pretty sweet, but it's too 'roady' for Subaru and my expectations from them :D. A Nissan badge would suit it better.

Brz means fast in Croatian, LOL.

3. Looks good comparing to the other concepts. But I am still fan of classic. I dont like the new cars in general :(

4. Looks weird, not really appealing in fact... It shows that Toyota made the design :S

Subaru took the job of making the car, well, a car but as long as the Turbo version is not in process, it will still be underpowered...

5. Out of the two I prefer the Subaru. Looks like an S2000 to me. Too much going on at the back on the Toyota.

6. I would prefer (when it comes to purchase) Toyota... and only because of principle that this type of car doesnt suit to Subaru.

7. Guys, both are EXACTLY the same...

8. Dont understand me bad, this fact is very well known to me... I just dont think this car is good Subaru... this is not Subaru for me... Logo doesnt make it - it suits way more to Toyota, and thats why I prefer Toyota in this way

9. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

True that. Toyota has a good tradition for rwd cars like the old 2000GT, AE86 (which is where the name "86" is from).

However, I feel the Impreza has gotten worse by each updated model and I really prefer this concept to the current Impreza. Looking forward to see more powerful Sti versions of this car.

10. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Excellent car! Will this one be strictly for the Asian market or will we see it abroad as well?

11. Bram I guess it goes to Europe too

posted by ToyotaEurope - and it has wheel on the left site. I trust Asians have it opposite? :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. I hate the "bubble" design... Reminds me of Hyundai, and it's no good :S

13. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

You're kidding, right? That's wider than a truck!:D

Personally, I think the rear of the FT86 concept car was way better looking..:

[​IMG]

compared to this..:eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

But in general, like Ondrej, I prefer classics over 'remakes';
    I'd take a nice original AE86 over these cars any day!

• Like Like x 2
  14. AE86 N2 race car for the win !

15. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

16. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

17. thats nice! mix of a nissan 350z and ferrari california.
    The back is a bit.... loud. but i wouldn't be looking at it if i was to own one.

18. Here in North America we would have the Scion FR-S

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. How can manufactures allow such a copying? Thanks to them, this car isn't unique anymore! And thats SUCH A SHAME, but its beautiful.