credits

model, texturing & shaders by Patrik Marek
interior model by Bill Wiskins
GazooRacing skin by Bill Wiskins
initial physics by David Massieux
physics by Abbo90
sounds by Fonsecker
testings & feedback by Ben Lee and Abbo90
bit thanks to Milan Juza for providing reference photos, and all the other people I forgotten about

View attachment 169882

View attachment 169883
View attachment 169884

WORD of WARNING
I...

Read more about this resource...

I did messup a little bit with the updates on the physics, so this one is not a latest version, if you don't want to spoil the taste of the car, feel free to wait for the update which will hopefully come in day or two

lesson learned, next time no announcements up front, since I didn't want to delay it further

if there are any issues with the car, please let us know on the racedepartment or here on our facebook page

@electriC82 as for the S1 version, .. can't say it will happen, since I have way too many other things to do, but initially I was thinking to give it NGTC/BTCC package
but yeah, it would come much much later .. since I woudl also like to modify the car visually a bit, to make it more distinctive what the differences are

A very small detail, you forgot to set the FILTER=S1-Showroom when generating final previews, so the white ones are looking bluish and less sharp.

Will try it tomorrow, expectations hit the ceiling! Thanks!
preview.jpg preview.jpg preview.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, sorry for failing to notice it (I'm on a lousy TN screen that shows the upper half darker, as on kunos "default.ini" filter). Didn't expect you'd maintain the chromatic aberration on a custom filter for this use, as it blurs the image slightly.

Ah, sorry for failing to notice it (I'm on a lousy TN screen that shows the upper half darker, as on kunos "default.ini" filter). Didn't expect you'd maintain the chromatic aberration on a custom filter for this use, as it blurs the image slightly.
that's a good point, its made from the one that i'm using in game, and chromatic aberration takes a bit of the CG curse out of game imo

btw. the problem is imo the downsizing of the images by Kunos make preview tool. I render them in 4k and let the app resize them, and that introduces some low quality sampling into it, especially on red color

check this one out

Attachments

• preview_kunos.jpg
    preview_kunos.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 397
  • preview_mine.jpg
    preview_mine.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Something like this would help, fonseker?

TN or turismo nacional is an Argentinian category of semi stock (mostly hot hatches) cars 4 cylinders, there are 2 classes, TN class 2 and TN class 3 being the latter the most powerful engines.
6509_ex-7425-20161209-dsc_3888_0.jpg

Last edited:
that's a good point, its made from the one that i'm using in game, and chromatic aberration takes a bit of the CG curse out of game imo

btw. the problem is imo the downsizing of the images by Kunos make preview tool. I render them in 4k and let the app resize them, and that introduces some low quality sampling into it, especially on red color

check this one out

If you check my attached preview of the same image it doesn't seem to be suffering the same kind of artifacts as heavily. Your jpg looks like a clip in need YV12 chroma upsampling. IIRC Content Manager uses another jpg exporter that by default uses greater image quality, but of course, there's nothing like doing your own resize although it's quite time consuming.

For the CG curse under kunos showroom, imho, other than weathering on car maps, color temp and maybe dof, there's nothing much to do against it. If you still plan to do quite a bunch of AC releases, you might ponder building a showroom for your 3D modeling program to mimic kunos's, where you can display your models in all of their raytraced glory and still keep the feel of the oficial previews regarding car/camera position and light setup while looking more realistic.

i really like how it handles so far, the only downsides (personally) are:
the onboard rear camera tv style mirror if it could be possible to enable/disable cause I find it distractive(I don't think is possible though)
the left side mirror (the only one i saw at least) has too close fov, makes me dizzy
and the dashboard is not fluid yet, looks good though

I like that for downshifting it's better to blip manually

so I tired again in VR and I have to say that it feels about right , kick ass actually ! and I even like the center mirror display since it's nicely in the view, whereas the top mirror is bit out of reach, let alone that the actual car had almost not see through rear window, so I guess the rear view camera does have some sense

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back