• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars Toyota Corolla/Altis SP3 v05.2

entry level touring car

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    Patrik Marek submitted a new resource:

Toyota Corolla/Altis SP3 - entry level touring car

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    I did messup a little bit with the updates on the physics, so this one is not a latest version, if you don't want to spoil the taste of the car, feel free to wait for the update which will hopefully come in day or two

lesson learned, next time no announcements up front, since I didn't want to delay it further

if there are any issues with the car, please let us know on the racedepartment or here on our facebook page

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá

Ratings:
    +313
    please add the new exhaust flames, maybe not the big flames just the pops :) or rather don't add any flames, those old flames are just tedious :)

PS: where's the Donate Button!?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    will try to squeeze it into next update, will have to add exhaust too

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
  6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    @electriC82 as for the S1 version, .. can't say it will happen, since I have way too many other things to do, but initially I was thinking to give it NGTC/BTCC package
    but yeah, it would come much much later .. since I woudl also like to modify the car visually a bit, to make it more distinctive what the differences are

7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

Ratings:
    +165
    A very small detail, you forgot to set the FILTER=S1-Showroom when generating final previews, so the white ones are looking bluish and less sharp.

Will try it tomorrow, expectations hit the ceiling! Thanks!
    preview.jpg preview.jpg preview.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    actually haven't , I'm using my own preset which isn't directly matching Kunos, but I like it
    default Kunos tends to make the colors bit overblown I think

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

Ratings:
    +165
    Ah, sorry for failing to notice it (I'm on a lousy TN screen that shows the upper half darker, as on kunos "default.ini" filter). Didn't expect you'd maintain the chromatic aberration on a custom filter for this use, as it blurs the image slightly.

10. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    that's a good point, its made from the one that i'm using in game, and chromatic aberration takes a bit of the CG curse out of game imo

btw. the problem is imo the downsizing of the images by Kunos make preview tool. I render them in 4k and let the app resize them, and that introduces some low quality sampling into it, especially on red color

check this one out

Attached Files:

11. Fonsecker

Fonsecker
    Premium

Ratings:
    +493
    Sounds are still more or less a placeholder. They are not in the usual "Fonsecker quality".

Perhaps i have more time in the next weeks or month to do a better sound for it :) (recordings of the real car is a unicorn...almost unable to find:D)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá

Ratings:
    +313
    Something like this would help, fonseker?

TN or turismo nacional is an Argentinian category of semi stock (mostly hot hatches) cars 4 cylinders, there are 2 classes, TN class 2 and TN class 3 being the latter the most powerful engines.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fonsecker

Fonsecker
    Premium

Ratings:
    +493
    i like this kind of sound, even if i think its a bit too much trumpet sounding and aggressive...

• Like Like x 1
  14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

Ratings:
    +165
    If you check my attached preview of the same image it doesn't seem to be suffering the same kind of artifacts as heavily. Your jpg looks like a clip in need YV12 chroma upsampling. IIRC Content Manager uses another jpg exporter that by default uses greater image quality, but of course, there's nothing like doing your own resize although it's quite time consuming.

For the CG curse under kunos showroom, imho, other than weathering on car maps, color temp and maybe dof, there's nothing much to do against it. If you still plan to do quite a bunch of AC releases, you might ponder building a showroom for your 3D modeling program to mimic kunos's, where you can display your models in all of their raytraced glory and still keep the feel of the oficial previews regarding car/camera position and light setup while looking more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee

Ratings:
    +139
    I really like that sound. I'd vote for it.

16. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá

Ratings:
    +313
    i really like how it handles so far, the only downsides (personally) are:
    the onboard rear camera tv style mirror if it could be possible to enable/disable cause I find it distractive(I don't think is possible though)
    the left side mirror (the only one i saw at least) has too close fov, makes me dizzy
    and the dashboard is not fluid yet, looks good though

I like that for downshifting it's better to blip manually

17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    I will test it out in VR for the mirrors, but yeah, seemed quite right before

I also don't like the central rearview mirror, doesn't really look like TV, so maybe we will get rid of that for the next update

• Like Like x 1
  18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    by this, dou you mean the refresh rate on motec display ? Thats actually on purpose, because it does have some refresh rate in real life, this is taken from pdf for that display, 50hz I believe

• Like Like x 1
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    so I tired again in VR and I have to say that it feels about right , kick ass actually ! and I even like the center mirror display since it's nicely in the view, whereas the top mirror is bit out of reach, let alone that the actual car had almost not see through rear window, so I guess the rear view camera does have some sense

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,101
    sounds cool, but reminds me of Honda, more then Toyota