• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Skins Toyota Celica ST185 4K + 8K Castrol Skins 1.1

Higher quality textures than the original.

1. TheSourceOfTheNile

TheSourceOfTheNile

Ratings:
    +164
    TheSourceOfTheNile submitted a new resource:

Toyota Celica ST185 4K + 8K Castrol Skins - Higher quality textures than the original.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheSourceOfTheNile

TheSourceOfTheNile

Ratings:
    +164
  3. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,168
    2 Minutes My Ass :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Takes hrs and hrs and hrs to rework a skin to 8K :D

4. TheSourceOfTheNile

TheSourceOfTheNile

Ratings:
    +164
    I wish it could take two minutes! Sometimes it takes over 20 hours to make a skin if it has enough detail. This one only took 7 hours, so it wasn't too bad. BTW thanks for providing the templates for the Formula Hybrid, I wouldn't have been able to make my skin without the 3d model.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +190
    "The default version in the game is the 2k version. This is simply a redone version of the original in a higher resolution for better graphical fidelity. Although, I would suggest at least sticking with the 4k version, because the hood cam has really low resolution textures when you use it."

Gonna reply here, because I can't reply to review comments :D Yes I know it's high res version, I just downloaded it to be able to comment, I'm not going to use it. Personally I disagree with your opinion on 4k. May be true for people with monster rig or running single screen, I use triples with relatively high graphics settings and 980ti, large grid of cars with 4k textures kills FPS performance and eats up VRAM. For me it's 2K or nothing, I don't sacrifice 60 fps for anything. Also, I don't use hood cam but cockpit, so my own car textures are hardly noticeable.

So what I meant, that if you do totally new skins for new DLC cars, please offer also 2K downscaled version for people like me :) This skin itself seems really accurate high res reproduction, and really is not 2 minute job :D

6. TheSourceOfTheNile

TheSourceOfTheNile

Ratings:
    +164
    I know the feeling. The game's AI will eat up your CPU like crazy. I didn't make a 2k skin for this car for obvious reasons, but always make sure to provide them for original content. I mostly just play the game in Hotlap mode, so an 8k skin doesn't really show much of a performance drop. With AI, I wouldn't suggest running more than 4k on just a few cars.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Henky SA

Henky SA

Ratings:
    +2,027
    never use 8K for racing LOL.

8K is only suit for photodrive purpose. or hotlap recording in 4K.