rF2 Touring Masters @ Zandvoort79 - Wednesday November 3rd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Interesting night of lols :D.

What felt like a really lovely front running Rover suddenly turned in to an undriveable slow pile of poo :),looks like WTM is going the way of GTC with more "tyres mind-games", groan :),and i never did find out if my 70L was too much?,but if hard tyres have that affect on everything then i wont be able to see much circumstances where they will work for me,they started really bad,then got hot and more worn,taking in to accound also my car had every panel yellow damage and all the front red,but still wondering how much more complicated has good old WTM now become...

Thanks Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

All under testing still Gary ;).

There is too much discrepancy between the compounds at the moment for sure - I've gone too far with it. Wear rate comparisons are actually good - the grip needs changing, I thought it would be the other way around.

Interesting night of lols :D.

What felt like a really lovely front running Rover suddenly turned in to an undriveable slow pile of poo :),looks like WTM is going the way of GTC with more "tyres mind-games", groan :),and i never did find out if my 70L was too much?,but if hard tyres have that affect on everything then i wont be able to see much circumstances where they will work for me,they started really bad,then got hot and more worn,taking in to accound also my car had every panel yellow damage and all the front red,but still wondering how much more complicated has good old WTM now become...

Thanks Adz/Ivo/Ryo & RD

Appologies Gary, I tried to give you space :(

there is too much of a diffrence between the tyres i think. i had a good pace with the soft tyres during qualifing and made 5th place. i chose hard tyres for the race. as i found out it was a big mistake. they are about 5 seconds slower per lap and take about 3 laps to warm up. i gave up many positions at the early laps because i was too slow then the guys using softs. at the middle of the race i finaly got some pace with them tyres but i couldn't go below 1'33. my qualytime was 1'29'2 i think. at the end i had a pit stop chose softs and then it felt much better. i think that the tyre issue needs to be changed maybe even go back to the settings of the "old" tyres.
as for the race it was one of my worst races ever. got hit and hit the wall. then went to the pits lost about 2 laps until the car was repaird.
then started last. i hitsomeone in a bmw while lapping him sorry for that don't who it was and waited. then had a nice fight with can. we had a coming together i waited and then we both went on for some good racing. at the end i managed to pass because i had fresh rubber only to crash 2 turns later.
well done greg and podium.

like evryone say, i think there is to much difference in grip between soft, medium and hard... i think the tires wear is right, only the grip...
i dont try the Hard tires, but between the soft and medium ones im +-2sec slower, i think is to much...
i need to say big thx to all drivers, same in Q, some guys let me pass very fairly and the same for in the race session(only one or two "exeption" there;)). was very fun!!
thx Ryan, Ivo and RD!!!

I also had gfx slow downs, never had it before in rFactor as every mod i've tried was getting over 100fps,:confused::confused::confused:

I've opted for a no stopper, hard tire compound straight race and had very similar problems to Amir, from a lovely car the E30 had become very undrivable on hards, from 28's in practice ( couldn't do a clean lap in qually:redface: ) to 33's in race, horrible in corners:mad:. 56 l would had been enough ( started with 70 l :eek: ) to do 45 min, 1.86l/lap. Tire wear after 30 laps:
F/L: 81.9%
F/R: 89.9%
R/L: 89.7%
R/R: 90.3%

Good racing guys:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back