rF2 Touring Masters @ Vitus Club - Monday May 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thats cool Toby! LOL :cool: Dont want to give too much away hahaha..... I will have a fiddle tho....

Cheers

EDIT: Done fiddling :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DWoooHooo, dats da stuff, car turns in Luvvverly...........Cheers Toby, this set up thing is coming together New PB.........1:15......ah, that would be saying lol!:wink:
Seriuosly, thanks for the advice

Thats cool Toby! LOL :cool: Dont want to give too much away hahaha..... I will have a fiddle tho....

Cheers

EDIT: Done fiddling :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DWoooHooo, dats da stuff, car turns in Luvvverly...........Cheers Toby, this set up thing is coming together New PB.........1:15......ah, that would be saying lol!:wink:
Seriuosly, thanks for the advice
OK :)
I mean, I haven't given anything away that you couldn't have learned yourself by fiddling and being able to read what the change did to the car. :) I didn't say everything - I didn't even mention suspension stiffness, diff settings, ride heights (the best height is not what you think it might be ;) ), caster etc etc. Basically, with every mod that you want to race competitively you should do dramatic changes to each setup item and see what happens. Most of the time you can predict, especially if you have had experience with a similar mod before, but sometimes a mod throws something up (like using packers in certain mods to alter the ride height but not increase the chassis roll at the same time can be more beneficial aerodynamically in certain mods with little or no change to the handling - something I didn't think about before). There is always something to think about ;)
If you go into a race blind though, either by using the default setup or at least not having a setup tuned for that track, then you won't be maximising the potential of the car. Remember, most of the time is down to the driver, if not all, but you can't be fastest with the default setup. If you are, you are Michael Schumacher and shouldn't be playing rFactor.

Thinking about it, yes there is a way to change the weight distribution! We don't need a setting, because these cars have little downforce you won't upset that balance by changing the ride heights to tip the car one way or another. In fact, when combined with suspension settings, this might be the best way of balancing the car. IN FACT you could actually change the load on each tyres and alter the limit of grip dramatically. Wow I just learned something from myself!

Hi Toby

Yes agree with all that, but the cars balance and turn in is much improved, meaning I can get on the throttle earlier, come in hotter without any nasty suprises and have a lot more confidence:D Yes lots to still learn, but those basics, I.E. Tyres+Pressures, toe, RB settings Etc have given me a good start on getting a general setup!

Many thanks! :D

I think diff settings are next to fiddle with LOL!

Hi Toby

Yes agree with all that, but the cars balance and turn in is much improved, meaning I can get on the throttle earlier, come in hotter without any nasty suprises and have a lot more confidence:D Yes lots to still learn, but those basics, I.E. Tyres+Pressures, toe, RB settings Etc have given me a good start on getting a general setup!

Many thanks! :D

I think diff settings are next to fiddle with LOL!
Be careful. The diff settings are sensitive and you have to realise that you are reducing understeer rather than increasing oversteer. ;)

Be careful. The diff settings are sensitive and you have to realise that you are reducing understeer rather than increasing oversteer. ;)

Yes, see what you mean:eek: Been playing with power and coast........ interesting, may leave them alone for this race tho, I have a feeling playing with these will involve adjusting everything else too?

Yep, it's all too easy to cut those curbs especially at the end of the lap. Hopefully I can get the rear end of the car to stop sliding and more turn in at the front then I should get better times.

Quick fix for you. Lower the front ARB and decrease the tyre pressures slightly at the rear but only at the rear. :D
Then do a 5 lap stint.

Well Ryan,

I have to say that this mod is brilliant. I still need to find a car that suites me.
I noticed that the American Beasts don't drive good on such a short track. Still managed a low 1:15 with the Holden :).
What cars are the main cars to drive? so i can pick one that isn't in that list lol :)

:O - you'll get in trouble for that lol - the Holden is Australian :D

It tends to be Supras, M3s and Sierras that get driven, with a smattering of Alfas, Mercs and Volvos. Probably Rover or 635 would best if you don't want to drive one of the heavy or more popular cars :)

I posted this in last week's thread and also in the rFactor forum but I'll post it here again for those who may have missed it:

There will be a little bit of a shuffle around in the rFactor Racing Club soon.

As you know, at the moment we have F193 on a Wednesday and Touring Masters on a Monday.

Starting from this week (30th May) F193 will return to it's original Sunday fixture.

From the 31st, Mondays will see the return of V8Factor, replacing Touring Masters, as we will again be running a V8 league come the autumn.

From the 2nd June until September, Touring Masters will now be scheduled on Wednesday nights - alternating between club and league events.

Caterham club/series events will continue to be held on Fridays.

So the schedule will look like this:

Monday - V8Factor
Wednesday - Touring Masters club/league
Friday - Caterhams
Sundays - F193 (or FSONE 2009 once it is released)

Calendar is now up to date with the June schedule for V8 Supercar and Touring Master events.

Done some quick laps on this track and my ow my its a small track for these cars lol, feels like a gokart track.
Tried some setup changes here and there but just can't get to grips, if I would be rewarded for going sideways for a full lap I might just win lol.
But seeing entry list is full and most likely have to work after race1 anyway I'll just leave this track for what it is, setting car up is just not my talent and pisses me off more then enjoying it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%