rF2 Touring Masters @ Virtasalmi - Mon April 26th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It's all about H-shifting without a clutch if you want the car to do that! :)
Or clutch pop half way round a corner... balance shifting = time gained in this mod.
If any of you are using auto clutch, shame on you..... Even a digital clutch on a button is feasible. And faster.

I fixed the issue of H-shifting in the final mod Toby ;)

Now only sliiightly faster to H-shift (by .03) and you of course have the added difficulty of changing down.

Fixed what issue? I love the H-shifter and heel toeing with this mod, don't change anything!! :p I'm just saying, to get the back end out like i did I didn't heel toe - basically just shifting without the clutch, stuns the rear axle into releasing and then the slide can be balanced with some throttle to give grip back to the front (through weight transfer - these cars don't have huge power to powerslide really). It's not that fast but great fun.

Fixed what issue? I love the H-shifter and heel toeing with this mod, don't change anything!! :p I'm just saying, to get the back end out like i did I didn't heel toe - basically just shifting without the clutch, stuns the rear axle into releasing and then the slide can be balanced with some throttle to give grip back to the front (through weight transfer - these cars don't have huge power to powerslide really). It's not that fast but great fun.
The issue of H-shifting being much, much quicker than bog-standard. Now it's only very slightly quicker. (Eg Toni was saving over a second a lap at Bathurst before the H-shift fix)

H Shifting is still the best and most natural way to drive these cars though, getting a heel toe shift right is heaven, and using the clutch to step the back end out really helps compared to not being able to do it with auto clutch.
You know what I mean, yeh Ryan? You use a wheel and heel toe, right?

Ah right, then you possibly don't know what I'm going on about :p
Do you drive? Have you driven a RWD car?
When you downshift without matching the revs the car will have to match the revs itself using the clutch plate as a slipping device to do this. If the movement onto the clutch plate is too sudden, or the revs too big a difference, then the friction on the clutch plate will be greater than that of the wheels and so the wheels, or axle, will lock. This has the same effect of putting the handbrake on, although is more useful than applying the handbrake because there is some weight transfer as well going on and sometimes just the weight transfer is enough to create oversteer (ie, even if the wheels don't lock). This is what we mean when we talk about turn in oversteer as well - if you are braking then weight is transferred to the front, and therefore if you turn in with a forward weight transfer, oversteer will be generated.

To cure all this, you can stiffen the spring rate, or better still, increase the bump/rebound settings on the front to increase the rate at which roll occurs. Therefore, brake, and then when turning in release the brake and give the throttle a dab to make the weight head rearwards again and generate understeer.

The easiest cure, however, is to be smooth off the brakes - trail brake right to the apex and make your last downshift on the apex, where it is unlikely to cause more weight transfer...

The issue of H-shifting being much, much quicker than bog-standard. Now it's only very slightly quicker. (Eg Toni was saving over a second a lap at Bathurst before the H-shift fix)
H-shift should be as quick as it used to be, its not shifters owners fault that some one else is havent skill to h-shift, even autoshift and autoclutch options should not be available.

Hate when immersion gets lower :D
[ humour ]
And for Ryan we need pad uppgrade, with 1sek gear delay [ / humour ]

Hi Ryan

Looks like I'm off to A&E with one of my boys, he's just fallen over kicking a ball about on way home from school and I think he might have broken his arm:frown:!
Doubt I will be back in time to race, IF I'm back before second race starts would I be allowed in at the back of the grid?
Damn, been practicing all week!

Sorry to drop out last minute

Brian

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back