rF2 Touring Masters @ Thruxton - Mon April 19th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Both races were astonishing!
The track is superb.
Every single lap was under hard fights and close race. What a pleasure!
Sorry if I am forgeting anyone, but the top of the tops was all the battles with Kjell, Kris, Ivo (again :)), Ries and at the first race with Valerio and Graham.
Thank you all for the fair and clean race. How I wish I could race every Mondays, you guys are really good and a pleasure to race against/with. :D
Congrats on both wins Ryan and to podium and well done to all finishers.

Thank you Ryan and RD for these lovely races.

Had two apualing races, really struggle with these type of tracks.

Race 1 had a great start, was span into turn 4 had a couple more little moment but nothing too big, cant remeber where i finished but was low down.

Race 2 had another good start however this time broke at wrong point into turn 3, car began to spin and span somone else can't remeber who, am sorry for that. That spin had damaged my car before spinning again later in the lap, which actually took a lap off me so I my opening lap didn't count :mad:, tried too hard to try catch up had fair few more spins and hit a wall, managed to drag it home low down after a issue with nick as he tried to lap me (sorry for that once again).

All in all two awefull races for me, on a final note i wish to say im dissapointed with the amount of chicane cutting going on yesterday, I was passed atleast three times by people cutting the exit of the chicane and I saw more people cutting it ahead of me.

Bit of a fuzzy memory now :)

Qualified on pole, despite going on the grass at Church.

Race1: Got off the line well, but then I got a small gfx freeze, which dropped me behind Ben and Sam to P3. Manged to squeeze past Ben, and then I bore down on Sam. Got past him, but another gfx freeze, dropping right back in front of what I'm sure was a very startled Dave. So, once again, I had to fight back up to Sam and pass him. Which I did, but then, ANOTHER freeze, again dropping me right in front of Dave :D. I hauled Sam back in again, and passed after he made a mistake at Church (well held), he seemed to be struggling with the track not ideal for the M3 and perhaps tyres. This time I was able to win without anymore freezes by 4 seconds.

Race2: Started from 6th (despite my attempts to hoodwink you all and start from pole again :D). Got a decent start and then wooah almost lost it Campbell under braking, fell back to 6th again. The first of two regrettable incidents at Noble occurred on lap one. Having had a run and got past Sam, I turned in only to find that he still had a small overlap on me - sending him into a big slide. The next few laps consisted of a battle between myself, Dave and Ben.Got past ben (despite his cheeky little move towards pitwall :D) and I got past Dave but in bad circumstances - as we approached Noble on lap 4 I gained an overlap, going to the safe option of the outside line - however Dave squeezed me onto the grass and before I had time to realise this we had touched, sending him into a slightly strange spin which also involved Kris. From here I battled a little with Ben and concentrated on catching Toby who eventually spun at Club.

From here it was Ben vs myself, Alfa vs Sierra. For a few laps Ben was right on my tail - gaining great runs and drafts through Church on the recalcitrant Sierra. He got past once, but I immediately overtook on the exit of Club and from here I pulled a way very slightly - with the gap staying at around 1 second lap after lap. Both us pushing very hard - not dramtic to watch, but boy was it intense high quality stuff. I took the win from Ben by a couple of seconds.

Many thanks to the crowd that showed up :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%