rF2 Touring Masters @ Sears Point 1990 - Mon March 22nd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well first night of racing in rfactor and i have to say i enjoyed it despite driving a cruise ship of a car in the bmw 635i. Didn't take part in any epic battles, mostly 1/2 lap skirmishes, but just tried to keep my nose clean and pick up some points wtih 8th in race one, and 6th in race 2. (which would've been 5th had it not been for a lunge and collision at the last turn, unfortunately i wasn't given the place back) Anyway, love this mod and hopefully next time i'll be more up to speed with it.

p.s.- apologies for my sloooooooow start in race 2 from 2nd on the grid, totally bogged down after thinking i was wheelspinning off the line! Cheers to ryan for organising this!

Another happy nights racing.

Qualified 11th about 2-3 seconds back as usual.

Made a reasonable start and got up into 10th place or so but then nudged Lee out of a turn and we both spun. Came back from 14th to finish 10th in the end.

2nd race started 10th and made a good start. Going into turn one got pushed onto the grass by Ross and dropped to 11th place. Came back up to 6th place when I came over the crest into turn 5 and saw an Alfa in my way. In the heat of the moment I swerved slightly, which on the bumps and under power is never a good thing and lost control. This was annoying as I don't really think I would have hit the Alfa had I continued on my path. I got back up to 6th before Ross got past me. Then Ryan sneakily passed me under the guise of a lapping car leaving me in 8th.

My first ever race with Touring Masters over here.
First, again sorry to Gary for hitting him. Honestly it was unintentional. As i said i wasn't thinking, i tought there is enough room.. Ahh..Again sorry mate.

First time on this track as well. I connected online with maybe 5 laps of offline practice just to learn the layout - which is great. Really fun track.
Went online, did some quick sort-of random setup tweaks, went on track.
At first struggled to make some good laps, but eventually got the laps down.

First race was some of the most intensive racing i had in the past few weeks, i go sweaty so much that it was going it my eyes and i got hands full of wheel & shifter = was unable to wipe that sweat :)
Overall it was really fun to push the legendary M3 around this awesome track.

Race 2 - in the 2nd lap i managed to understeer in turn 4 and i collided in that super solid board. It took away my suspension & engine. How come the James Bond doesn't have this sort of material yet?

:p Anyway, i enjoyed it alot :) See you next week :)

Going into turn one got pushed onto the grass by Ross and dropped to 11th place.

I had a look at the replay as i couldn;t for the life of me work out when this happened! But i see your front wheels were just about up to my back bumper as i took my line into t1, i don't think i could do anything else in that situation as i was already taking a very wide and very understeery line into the corner!

Congratulation at PODIUM
not many words for me. race 1 lost connection and race 2 start from back and finished back,some little battle for stay on track and finished but in any case how I say ever, very funny this cars:thumbup:

Thanks Ryan and all partecipants

Race 1, started 13th and dodged all the crashing cars to finish in 6th without a notable battle.

Race 2, started 4th but bogged down at the start and dropped to 12th by turn 2. Managed to get past a few cars early before having a 4 car battle with Nick, Rich, and Ross. Rich and Nick both lost it over the crest and Ross lost it a lap later. I cruised around in 6th for a bit before passing another car who had crashed it. Nick caught me up and as it looked like we were going to have a good battle, his engine blew. Kept going until I span it with 1 lap to go (only spin of both races :mad:) and lost my 5th place to Ross. Tried hard to get it back but made a bit of a last gasp move on the last corner. I was unsure how much contact there was but I'm happy to give you the 5th place if it was sufficient (I'll check my replay) and Ryan was just behind so he maybe able to give his view on the manoeuvre, so sorry about that :frown:.

Anyway, cheers guys for this, its been great as usual :thumbup:

Tried hard to get it back but made a bit of a last gasp move on the last corner. I was unsure how much contact there was but I'm happy to give you the 5th place if it was sufficient (I'll check my replay) and Ryan was just behind so he maybe able to give his view on the manoeuvre, so sorry about that :frown:.

Anyway, cheers guys for this, its been great as usual :thumbup:

There really wasn't much contact, it was more because you had locked up diving down the inside and i had to back off and hang out wide or else i would've been t-boned! To completely avoid this situation (with hindsight) i probably should have hogged the inside line all the way, but i felt you were too far back to make a move at the time!

Both races fine hard battling stuff,no worries at all Dom m8,the more i looked at the replay the more it looked like a sort of racing incident anyway,i was way inside your total blindspot,we had some good racing there,really lovely battle with Kjell as well fighting for 2nd place.

Race 2 i got a good start and all nice and clean around T1 and 2,i got inside Kjell at T2 and was given nice room as well,i think i was at 5th now?...following Dom again in a slightly loose looking E30 ;p,but going fast regardless!!,he made a nice pass at T4?(tight right before flat out esses),but he goes too wide on the exit and goes over those terrible "bumps" things the other side of the kerbs there,and he more or less comes to a halt!,this gives me the initial run on Kris in another impressive fast Toyota,i make the rest of the pass at the final turn,once again give just enough room :),instant chase down on Lee in 3rd and eventually work a run at the same place my run on Kris began,as he went wide and scrubbed off speed i took the run up his left side,no chance of a pass ofcourse,so no point attempting it,i was just pressuring and "denying" my opponent the best piece of track he kindly gave up for me ;p,sadly again i must have been in the worst blindspot and Lee was unaware where i had got to and came out for proper line,which is unfortunately where my car was at the time and there was a little tangle :(,Kjell must have had a heart attack at my sliding RS500 rejoin :O....sorry about that m8,you worked a miracle there to avoid (sigh of relief)....Lee had similar sliding under power rejoin just ahead of me and got me again in to the wall on the right this time before final turn ;p.
Much enjoyment chasing down and passing always hopeful maybe some kind of recovery podium is possible,when Anders dropped it from such a comfortable lead the chase was now on with some really amazing laps of 3 way battle with Kjell and Kris in the lead,worked a pass on Kjell and started the main push on Kris,it was then i got to see just how bloody good and fast that Toyota was going with him,it took some work and major pushage to eventually get the job done,but he wasnt for being dropped off at all and hung in there to finally put a right cheeky buggers late one up the inside of me at the final turn!!,a bit of a scrape but i got no complaints,well done man for a tenacious win :).
Thanks all there for some super-pace action,and also no worries for those tangle-ups from my point of view anyway,both were completely malice free hard racing stuff...so that can happen ;).

Big Thanks Ryo (Poindexter) Callan & RD

I had a look at the replay as i couldn;t for the life of me work out when this happened! But i see your front wheels were just about up to my back bumper as i took my line into t1, i don't think i could do anything else in that situation as i was already taking a very wide and very understeery line into the corner!

No worries, I wasn't complaining as it wasn't exactly malicious and I didn't know if you had someone on the inside forcing you wide. I don't mind some aggressive driving though, within reason it's entertaining.

Was struggling with the cars all through practise bought 5 minutes before the end found the setup worked :) cars were a blast to drive after that, race 1 went fairly well except for the spins and the fact i escaped on final lap as i thought race over :(, race two was fun for the first two laps, sorry about that Gary I didn't see you until late and sorry for the second hit, I just had no control over the car as soon as I hit the wall :( All in all, terrific fun, thanks guys and to Ryan for organizing it, can't wait for next week :p

Ai aiaiaiai not a good place to race for me.... Two DNF´s and one of thoose when i had a comfortable lead , o well just have to take it as a man and breakdown and cry ;) Wishing for better luck next time :)

And i must say grats to my m8 Kjelle an awesome driver,well done two podiums :)

Edit: LoL it was only one DNF hehe this place really screwed me up ;)

Gary...i`m glad you saw that last corner dive that way.....i truely had my eyes shut for that one, brown trouser time. I did think we had one lap left, and the hope was to get infront and hold you off (or try).

That Toyota was quite a handfull, and after driving the M3 today as abit of a test, i was about a second a lap quicker in the M3! Wish i`d picked that car now. It feel much sturdier and less sloppy (as the toyota was), suspension wise.

Enjoyed race 2 though, even if i did only get the lead because the cars infront momentarily ran out of talent.

First of many wins for me i hope lol, and clean ones too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 273 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 137 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%