rF2 Touring Masters @ Rouen-Les-Essarts - Wednesday 12th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Lag on the server was awful! Cars disappearing all the time, sideways on the track :( Not good. Race 1 I didn't qualify because I was taken out by a lagging car (not that driver's fault so no biggy) and got a great start from 26th up into 13th by the end of lap 1. Largely managed to avoid all the chaos and eventually brought the car home in 14th.

Race 2, qualified 3rd, and got another good start and was 1st by T1, but I cocked up my brakes at the hairpin and ran a little wide, back down to P3. After that Jeff managed to get past me but later on spun in front of me, I tried to avoid him but I still hit him, and consequently the barrier too. So from then on I was struggling with understeer in some corners, and oversteer in others with a damaged left-rear. Caught Jeff back up, tried to pass him up the inside at the hairpin but the corner was pretty crowded, so I ended up on the grass and couldn't put the power down. After that It just went downhill, with the sliding getting worse, I ended up backing it into the barrier a few times and eventually finishing 16th

Not great races for me, but I still had fun, and some of the incidents that I saw, cars missing corners completely, rolling etc had me in stitches :D See you next time guys

Well, that was my first race with RD, thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was pretty intense, making sure I wasnt the cause of any mulitple pile ups :wink:

First race didnt go to well, I couldnt avoid the spins down to the hairpin, and lost a wheel, ending up in the pit for 40seconds. Spent the remainder of the race keeping my eyes open for the blue flags :frown:

The second race was much better, managed to keep out of trouble, and had some good racing in the midfield with Paul and Ole.

I've not done many timed races, and made a silly mistake at the end..
Presses escape after I had passed the line, thinking the race was over, when I should have finished the next lap too :redface: Oops!

Good fun all the same, hope to be there for future races too.
I guess no one else likes the BMW 635 as I was the only one in them :eek:

lol never ever gonna try to race the Holden on softs again ............Sigh such a noob mistake made some adjustments to setup and tested it in quali for race 2. It feelt good so i filled the car up with 40 liter and saved setup :) My car was really fast .......for two laps :) then it became bambi on ice .... Forgot to switch compound lmao ;) .

Great vid Kevin alot of action between us - Blue and white Sierra un-fortunately could never get away cause I kept damn crashing with brakes xD Keep those vids going :) Also sorry to Ben Crooks didnt mean to crash you and flip you somehow o.O I just lost the rear of the car and was right infront of you :( And Jeff sorry about that I have low FOV in cockpit and couldnt see the mirrors, Didnt know you was there :/

Didn't realise that was you upside down Ben! I remember seeing you now.

I can still count the rFactor events I've done on one hand at this point, this was the first with RD, but I'll definitely do more. The whole event was enjoyable with a nice atmosphere and good racing. I'll bring a better first gear next time, my starts were awful. :redface:

I might make a video of this or my next RD event in the coming weeks because rFactor is pretty. :cool:

EDIT: Nice vid Kevin, 1080p ftw.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back