rF2 Touring Masters @ Pukekohe - Mon March 15th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting race tonight. Made 2 bad starts losing plenty of time in both races. In the first race I had a nice fight with Valerio for several laps until he got past thanks to my error and my tires going off giving me a little understeer. I plodded along trying to keep close profiting from others mishaps claiming 11th.

In race 2 I made another bad start from 11th and was quickly engulfed by the field. I was rudely pushed wide through turn two and lost a lot more places, always good fun. I made back a couple of places and was in the middle of an outbraking move when I collided with Jack Vis who was in the middle of the corner, an innocent bystander, so sorry about that. I waited for him for what seemed like an age before he got back past when he promptly rolled his Rover, surprisingly he kept going. My race ended after 6 laps with a broken engine.

As usual some great racing. Started 8th and worked my way up to 5th.
With a nice fight with Rich and Martin, only the last smashed into Ryan when he just overtook me. Barely managed to get arround the mess. :eek:

Race 2: Started 2th because of my 5th place.
Again like last night lost all my FF at the start. Still got first place and managed to keep that for a couple of laps. But when Ben and i where next to eachother in T1 the loss of FF got me and i spun. Came back on track on 13th worked my way up to 8th with Jochen and Ryan behind me. But the loss of FF got me again in T1. And got a puncture so needed to esc.

Thanks Ryan.

wohooo a double win!

Race 1 was very exciting, Rickard was a little too quick, but he spun and the win was up for grabs between Anders, Ries, Ryan and me and it became a HUGE battle! I don't remember everything what happened because it was too much, but man, this race deserves a video! In the end I overtook Anders and was able to win!

Race 2, start from P6. Anders and me got by the 2 Holdens who had too much wheelspin, I was actually sandwhiched by them :p I took P3 and was following Anders, who was following Ivo. Ivo made a mistake I think(what happened mate?) and the battle between Anders and me was there again! In the middle of the race, I think, I was able to overtake him and stayed infront of him till the end, but he was always on my tail... A win again!!! :D

Great racing from Anders, Ries and Ryan! I hope next time we can have a battle like this again! It was awesome!

WOW always fun race. Thanks Rich for the battle:smile: and everyone I meet on track I dont remember many things I watched only the road ahead of me . It's very funny change the gear with stick 5 down 4 down 3 down break too late :eek: oopppss loooong ahahahahah. C U on next event

race 1: started 5th... badly... turbo didn't kick in and I had no power... by the end of the first lap I fell down to 12th place... then I started to make my way up, made it all the way to 6th (after a good battle with Ivo) but then smashed into Ryan's car (no problem mate, but tbh seeing a car doing a u-turn in the middle of the back straight came as a bit of a surprise to me :wink:)... car was completely wrecked... so a DNF for me :frown:

race 2: started 17th... this time, all went well and I started gaining positions... had some good battles and finished quite incredibly 3rd :smile:

overall a good event (once again)... thanks for racing and see you next week :tongue:

Race 1: I popped the Skyline on 4th on the grid, expected really.

Got a good start, went past Anders and Ben erly on to lie in second trying to put pressure on Rickard who was 1.5 seconds up the road. He was quick but a little ragged, and I was having a humongous scrap with Ries and Anders at this stage. Rickard binned it and then Iw as in the lead, not for long becuase Ries dived past two of us in one move :D. Ben began to join in and more scrapping continued. Rickard made a mistake and Iw as up into 1st/2nd/3rd, it differed every lap! Then i made a mistake on the back straight. I tried to turn it out of the way twice and cocked it up. Then I thought I had some psace to do so, but I hadn;t spotted ivo and Martin flying towards me and they careered into me - so sorry Martin, complete cock-up on my behalf, I waited for Martin but he was badly braoken and I quit in disgust with myself once I saw he had terminal damage. Sorry again Martin :(.

Race Two: Started near the back, made my way to 11ish made a big mistake basically wiping out my front aero and then tried to plod through and was actually fighting with Jochen for 7th when crash bang another mistake and I crawled hom 9th with a massive puncture. It looked like a scene out of Mad Max!

Thanks to everyone, especially Ben, Ries and Anders, the racing was epic.

I had a great time with these cars. Race 1 I made a good start and moved up to 9th and was holding my own but a mistake in turn 2 cost me 2 places to Nick and Jochen. I tried to hang onto them but it wasn't helped by Richard Trange, who was a lap down, holding me up for 2-3 laps. Managed to profit from others mistakes though to roll in 10th.

Race 2 I made a good start and was on the inside of two other cars going into turn 1 then got hit from behind by Richard Trange and somehow managed to keep it on the road in a straight line (really have to thank all those around me that they didn't make the incident any worse than it was). I was going fine and then had to dodge Richard again who was trying to pull back onto the track from the grass into my path. Got a bit nervous with Ivo right in front and Ryan just behind which caused me to spin but I recovered well and managed to finish 8th.

I was happy to be consistant in both races and to not be lapped either. The cars are great and the racing is great. Thanks once again to everyone involved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back