rF2 Touring Masters @ Phillip Island - Mon 29 March 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
no problem Mr Callan, i tried to go around you but because you stoped...

me to has to say sorry to Lee P for hiting him in the final corner. Sorry i tried to much and the swedish steel was working as my plan.

I enjoined the race , starting last and the drivers in front ( all off you) where driving with resect:thumbup:. off course we had same insident. I will put this on difficult cars to drive. The driving style on this event was much better then the WTCC race, where cars was all over the track the frist lap.
And to all i was having a battel with: THANKS.

Had an awful time last night and didn't enjoy it at all through no fault of my own. Not going to mention names in here because they know who they are.

Race 1, got off the line well only for the guy in front not to , had to slow down and then got bogged down myself. Got past a few people in the first few corners then into turn 10 (the last sharp right on the track) the guy in front (calling him A) ran wide and i cut back on him only for him to turn into me before the left hander when i left him plenty of room on inside, which caused me to lose some traction. Lap 2 at the same corner the car in front (calling him B) squeezed past A and I did what Webber failed to do and tuck it up right under B's wing to follow him through without touching him. As he came out of the corner he seemed to slide to the right so I kept to the racing line and went down the inside only for B to come back across track and slam into the side of me and cause me to half spin it. Rejoined the track a few places down and caught up with A and B again on next lap and got A out of the last corner. I closed up onto the back of B by turn 1 and lined myself up to take B on the inside of turn 2 only for B to turn left into me at the start of the braking zone. I was unsure how much I was to blame for it so I though I'd wait just in case and watched several cars go past (On the replay I saw that I did nothing wrong). Had some suspension damage from that and got past B again the following lap. Then at turn 9 A had a spin and was rolling backwards slightly, away from inside of corner, so i took the decision to go up the inside only for him to recover it straight into my path which wrecked my suspension. Was struggling to keep the car going straight and lost it in the run to turn 9 on the following lap. I was then too far down to do anything so i just trotted around on my own for several laps to the finish lapping 3-4 seconds per lap off what i can do.

Race 2 i made another good start only for cars to get bogged down which caused me to bog down twice and got held up in turn 1 by A. Went to get past him in turn 2 only for him to shut the door (fair enough). Went down the inside of him out of the corner only for him to move in front to block me so I moved to the middle of the track and he swerved in front of me again. He took a wide line around turn 3 but heading towards turn 4 he squeezed me up against the grass which caused me to lose grip in the braking zone and ultimately smacking into B. Even though it wasn't my fault I waited for B but my suspension was wrecked. Managed to keep on the back of the battle in front for the next lap but the lag from someone suddenly put his car right next to mine on entry to turn 9 and forced me wide. After that I just trotted around for 10 laps on my own lapping slow enough that I wouldnt of been inside the 107% rule.

Only reason I kept going in race one was so that I limited the damage to my Rating because of other inabilities. After race one I was close to leaving but i thought race 2 would be better, but that was worse. Would of quit that too if it wern't for me trying to salvage some of my rating.

Sorry about the rant but I feel things need to be said to avoid further problems in the future.

Thanks anyway for organising this Ryan and RD.

Sorry for the 635's incident in the 1st practice, I understood I had to leave instead of I had to stay on the server.... My English is not very good...

Some connexion problems for me during the practice, the qualifying session ant the start of race making the game unplayable, with a bad fluidity even if I had 80fps. I'll try to do better for the next event.

Thanks for this awesome variation of TCL!

Yep, it seemed every time I tried to overtake someone cleanly, they changed their line at the last moment. However when people were overtaking me and were partially alongside, I left them enough room so there was no incident.

Adz - if you have any problems, please take it up with the guilty parties via PM - this is not the place to carry on the discussion :)

I do understand it can be frustrating, but sometimes it's just one of those nights, negativity does not help anyone.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%