rF2 Touring Masters @ Paul Ricard 1988 - Saturday October 22nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
havent been feeling very well at all but thought id give it ago.
Q: was better than the end of practice
R: no idea what happened at the start, i didnt hear anything or see any lights so sat there a bit too long.. had a few close racing laps before falling behind to finish 14th

Thanks RD

That was an eventful race. For good and the bad.

I had a terrible qualy as I could never find enough room. 22nd.

The start of the race was one of the stupidiest things I've ever seen. It seemed like I was the only person who knew about the lights. I got a heavenly start as everyone else woke up but then I had nowhere to go and spun in the middle of the track and into the wall. I carried on with minor damage and got passed a couple of cars. I then had a super fight with Scott Sovik for 9 laps which ended when I lost the rear end on one of the corners and lost about 5 seconds. I wasn't able to gain any time back as I was lapped.

Later on, I had a bigger crash as my tyres suddenly gave way and I went into the wall. I now had front right suspension damage and my rear tyres were getting worn out. I had barely any rear grip and was having to go very slow. I was lapped for a second time but then David J Anderson and someone else collided infront of me. In the final sector of the same lap, I could see Anderson's headlights were on. They were always on until Turn 3 on the next lap when He hit the rear of my car sending me into a spin and him into the gravel. As I was trying to rejoin, David Carter drove into me causing both of us major suspension damage.

For the next lap, I didn't estimate how little grip I had due to tyres and suspension. And I spun a few times, Ivo managed to avoid me though. At the start of the next lap, I spun at Turn 2 and was struggling to find a gap to filtr back into as the leaders were coming passed. After seeing a gap, I span the car around but got collected by David J Anderson. So then I had to try and spin myself back around again and I also made contact with a car who I couldn't see from my viewpoint before I started turning around. For the last 2 laps, I just strolled around. Finished 17th i think.

had decend qualify.. top 5-6 was really close

Race... well had terrible start cos of the lights... my back end was pretty loose trough the race... had nice battle with Raivio, Simons and Sergio. Good result for Raivio for his first ever WTM race, grats mate. after my spin i had good race there going, swapping positions almost every lap but then after T2 Bradley Vanian had spinned or something and he turned right into the racing line when i was coming trough.. and well rest is history.. i went into the wall hard and dropped to 8th in which i finished..

Dont want to see that again :D if this were season race.. i would be really really mad for that. dont know exactly what happend there but all what i saw was that Bradley turned on to raceline just when i was coming..

Thanks for the RD and all who i raced :) this time it was clean allround :)

had decend qualify.. top 5-6 was really close

Race... well had terrible start cos of the lights... my back end was pretty loose trough the race... had nice battle with Raivio, Simons and Sergio. Good result for Raivio for his first ever WTM race, grats mate. after my spin i had good race there going, swapping positions almost every lap but then after T2 Bradley Vanian had spinned or something and he turned right into the racing line when i was coming trough.. and well rest is history.. i went into the wall hard and dropped to 8th in which i finished..

Dont want to see that again :D if this were season race.. i would be really really mad for that. dont know exactly what happend there but all what i saw was that Bradley turned on to raceline just when i was coming..

Thanks for the RD and all who i raced :) this time it was clean allround :)
Sorry about making contact with you. I looked everywhere for a gap, saw one but as I spun around. The gap closed. Very sorry.

My first ever rfactor event went as good as I could hope for. Qualified 23rd then at the start, had a absolute flyer up to 10th. Dropped back to 20th due to slight mistake in T2. Went all the way to the back but then Past Bradley Vanian (sorry for hitting you Bradley, I was worried about the back markers going past). Only went off once which (in my opinion) is quite good. Finished 16th or 17th and more importently finished when some top drivers didn't so Im happy.

Sorry for hiiting you. It was either drive into people who were lapping me, drive into the barrier or brake. Unfortunatly I braked too late and hit you. I can only apologise for that.
That was an eventful race. For good and the bad.

I had a terrible qualy as I could never find enough room. 22nd.

The start of the race was one of the stupidiest things I've ever seen. It seemed like I was the only person who knew about the lights. I got a heavenly start as everyone else woke up but then I had nowhere to go and spun in the middle of the track and into the wall. I carried on with minor damage and got passed a couple of cars. I then had a super fight with Scott Sovik for 9 laps which ended when I lost the rear end on one of the corners and lost about 5 seconds. I wasn't able to gain any time back as I was lapped.

Later on, I had a bigger crash as my tyres suddenly gave way and I went into the wall. I now had front right suspension damage and my rear tyres were getting worn out. I had barely any rear grip and was having to go very slow. I was lapped for a second time but then David J Anderson and someone else collided infront of me. In the final sector of the same lap, I could see Anderson's headlights were on. They were always on until Turn 3 on the next lap when He hit the rear of my car sending me into a spin and him into the gravel. As I was trying to rejoin, David Carter drove into me causing both of us major suspension damage.

For the next lap, I didn't estimate how little grip I had due to tyres and suspension. And I spun a few times, Ivo managed to avoid me though. At the start of the next lap, I spun at Turn 2 and was struggling to find a gap to filtr back into as the leaders were coming passed. After seeing a gap, I span the car around but got collected by David J Anderson. So then I had to try and spin myself back around again and I also made contact with a car who I couldn't see from my viewpoint before I started turning around. For the last 2 laps, I just strolled around. Finished 17th i think.

had nice battle with Raivio, Simons and Sergio. Good result for Raivio for his first ever WTM race, grats mate.
Thx mate :) To be exact, that was actually my first online Rfactor race ever :rolleyes:. Had so nice fights with Ojala and Sergio, pity that i lost my 3rd place when i spin'd. But yah lookin forward to the wtm series3. Thx 4 gr8 race.:cool:

Was good fun.
Q was terrible couldnt find any room. Every lap i needed lift off somewhere. But awell 7th wasnt that bad.
About the start i dont need to say anything. Really weird those lights and it wasnt only me, i saw. :p
Back to 12th i believe. After that 25 min of some hard and good racing. With Tommi, Raivio and Perez (stupid Mustang :p)
But kept my head calm as i knew my moment would come. After the spins of Perez and Tommi i was finally in 5th behind Raivio but couldnt keep up after some laps.
So slowed down abit to preserve my tires and finished the race.

Thanks for racing guys good fun.

You on again about stupid Mustangs, Ivo? Forgot what I told you?xD

I was trying out the Mustang as I am yet to select a 2nd car after the Sierra. Wasn't the fastest as Ryan put his Mustang higher on the grid than me, but still managed Top Ten.

I kept it clean during the race and saw Ryan spinning off in his Mustang, and advanced into the Top Ten again while I managed to shake off Eike's Volvo behind me.

The only hairy moment was when Sergio spun one lap, and spun me 'round the next one. This car isn't the easiest under braking, so I focused on braking in time, Sergio probably braked too late. After Teemu, Ryan and Sergio had retired, I was the last Mustang standing.

I managed to stay within 5 seconds of the Sierras of Niklas and Ivo, but didn't get any closer than that. Finishing 8th was a good result though, thanks for the fun:)

(I admit that I probably won't chose the Mustang though, the Nissan looks more tempting)

Well, I had some fun time racing the likes of Robinson and Sallberg. That Sierra looked very slidey and even though that Supra was a little less powerful than my Rover (such a lovely car, so glad it's my first pic, so stable once your used to it and have a decent setup. Thankyou Toby) it wasn't easy to get away from you if you stayed near me at the end of the back straight.

http://www.racedepartment.com/member.php?u=1015&I qualifyed 14th to my surprise, then got confused like most others on the lights. Hope the other tracks have start lights that are obvious when they go green. If there was a system like in Race where each player get's their own lights that would make things easier.

I finished 13th after an eventful race lets say.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Tonight's race was a good primer for S3 as the first race is right around the corner. It was great to see Ryan roar by me on the back straight on lap one in the Mustang. Good fun! I don't think the Holden or the Mustang are draftable no matter what car you are in. However I am not complaining as I wouldn't want to try to get either of them stopped, or through some tough bits. I am happy with my Volvo and think she is a good car all around. I am looking forward to seeing Jesper and Ben in there steel toboggans as I'm sure they will be quick. :D

Was wondering Gary, did your tires start going off at the end?

Practice:
Ran a good string of mid-28 laps and felt like I had a good pace for the race.

Qualifying: P2 1:27.0
Only put down one lap as I didn't want to wear myself out for the race. Was hanging on to the outside of the front row until Gary blasted the Holden into P2 with less than a minute to go. Good job Gary!:cool:

Race: 3rd fastest lap 1.28.08
Was definitely a strange start I was sitting behind Toby looking at the lights, I could see cars coming in my rearview mirror as I was looking up. Suddenly I was hit from behind a moment before the light even went green, I was worried about getting a stop and go! Ha ha no worries, all was good. Gary roared the Holden down the inside of me for turn one, and there really wasn't anything I could do but give him the position. In P3 down the back straight didn't really even fight Ryan as I saw him in the green Mustang come come by at the end of the back straight and nicely make the right-hander that follows. Unfortunately, the cold tires were not ready to handle all that torque as Ryan came out of the double right-hander doing a half spin. I stomp on the brakes to avoid a big collision and Raivio said thank you very much and moved into third. I worked hard for several laps not finding a way by, luckily he made a small mistake running wide allowing me to sneak by. From there I settled into my race pace to find out that Gary and Toby were running a few tenths of a second faster. I settled in trying to be as smooth as I could, Gary started coming back to me right at the very end, I also had Raivio running fast consistent laps at the end. :)

Observations:
Although it wasn't necessarily exciting, about 35 minutes of lapping on my own, I did learn quite a bit. The veterans of WTM are fast and consistent. Toby said in the chat at the end he was bored, but I think he kept an exceptional pace up. One thing is for sure anybody who doesn't want to be a back marker in WTM better schedule some time for practice. It seems that over driving these cars just ends up in heating the tires and slowing you down. Doing it right is almost like Opera!:tongue:

Being consistent is going to be important for the championship. Once another half dozen or more of the veterans join the grid stepping on the podium is going to require a lot of preparation.:eek:

Makes me wonder if we couldn't sneak in another club event in before season starts?:tongue:

Lots of good fun! Thanks for racing everyone!

Also big thanks to Race Department and to Ryan for a really cool and fun mod!:D

David, I agree. Too bad there was a bit of an issue, I think this track would've really showed the strength of the Nissan! All the cars are good!

I think looking at the track schedule is important in this mod. Certain cars are going to shine at certain tracks.

I hope a couple more people step up and choose the Nissan. I haven't driven it since early on but if you can get it working over the curbs and bumps, I think she is the third fastest car in a straight line behind the Holden and the Mustang!

I haven't done a lot of testing with it but you may find the Nissan can be a bit hard on tires with all that Turbo power!

But if people had tested the lights in race weekend, they would of know that the lights went yellow. Yes, they were stupid lights but all tracks have things that you might not expect and that are different from others.

Was a good Race for my last decission thats not my kind of RAcing. This time i choose the Hard Tires was big mistake after 12 Rounds my laptimes going down but the Tires was in good shape no overheating dont know what it was ? The second big thing are the straights I drive the corners like 1000 Barbarians are at my back, close up to the Holden or Mustang infront of me. Then I am massevily earleir on the Gas and not a bit of a chance the Mustang drove away like I had 200 bhp less then him. Had Rearspoiler at 1 dont know what I made wrong.

The Holden is now a real tempting car choice for me.....

Despite the very retarded start lights system i got away well reacting to Toby going,that stupid panel of LED yellow lights came on,but done nothing else,shame on the track makers that let that kind of bollocks through QC.....the chase on Toby was fun all through the first 30mins or so,if only there was some Aussie spec gravel on the exit of the super fast right turn at the end of the straight,Toby would have been yawning trying to get out of there,but sadly there seemed to be almost no punishment at all running off wide there so i couldnt capatilize.
Around the 10mins to go mark i noticed some tyre drop off and the chase started to fizzle out,the rest of the race was covering off Kane in 3rd who was gradually chipping away at the gap to me but not enough time left to worry me,i know from previous experience that its easy to roll up to a Holden in a braking zone,but trying to pass is a totally different matter,they are very good at taking up the entire corner,sure you might pull off something special around the outside and get past,but it will only be for about 300m :).

Grats Toby and well done Kane

Thank you Adz/Ryo & RD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%