rF2 Touring Masters @ Oran Park - Mon March 8th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome racing again. Not the best peformance from me but that made it also fun.

Q: 5th

Race 1:

Had a bad start. And Ferry took my place. It was really difficult to drive because i had opponent Volume way to high. So didn't heard my own engine in the first laps.

Followed Anders in his big Holden for alot of laps. Ferry went wide in T1 so had no one behind me after that. After that some more laps with Anders and increased the gap to Warren and Carlos. Then we came across Ries who spun in T1 and he rejoined after Warren and Carlos. Ries overtook them and hunted me down. Could keep him behind for a couple of laps then he slighty tapped me in T4 (thanks for waiting) But Warren closed the gap and was right behind us.

A lap later Ries overtook me in the last turn. Overtook him again in the slipstream. But we touched abit i think in T1 and he hitted slighty the grass and spun. I was not sure what happened so waited just to be sure. But Warren took our places. Ries and i closed the gap again to Warren and now we also had Jochen on our tail.
Then Warren and Ries touched abit in the last turn and Warren spun but there was no way to go so hitted him. So Jochen took 3 places. With 3 laps to go there was a nice 4 car battle lots of smoke and some moves. After 2 laps i saw Jochen trying to be a stuntman because he tried drive on two wheels. :D.
So we overtook him. Tried everything in the last lap to overtake Warren, be he defended well. Even after some love taps. :D
Finished 7th

Started 7th. Had a good start now and mangaged to keep my place. After that again some great laps with Warren (i think arround 10 laps whe where nose to tail).
Finally got his place when he decided to check the the grass in the last turn. Tried to be consistent and finished 4th.

Again some great racing with these cars. You can drive real close to eachother without spinning people when you slighty tap them (big plus in rFactor)
Cya guys next week. Maybe again in the Volvo. :D

Big grin factor from tonight, even though I drove crap in the races :).

Qualified on pole as expected. The Rover is not the most ideal car but it was good enough and I had tested the cars so much here, I got pole.

Race 1: Managed to hold off Gary in T1 and then drove away from the guys behind for the first 10 laps, had around a 3/4 second lead. Then something made me jump, Valerio's car appeared in my mirror out of nowhere lol, cue slide across the grass and a bash with the tyre wall, which meant I lost my front bumper and my front right suspension. This let Gary and Martin through and then later on I made another mistake, coming home 4th.

Race 2: Got a good start, tried to stay out of trouble in T1 and emerged 3rd behind Anders and Martin. Got past Martin eventually and tried to set about Anders. But I made a slight mistake at T1, slding and Martin hit me, no way he could avoid. This hurt Martin more than me, as it put me in the right direction - sorry Martin! Now I was in 4th, Ries lost it a few laps later giving me 3rd with a close shave as he recovered. Made another mistake, glancing at the map, and then a big mistake, so big I missed the timing beam and lost a lap :D. Then I crashed it in the tyres pffft. Not the best concentration from em tonight, but the cars are so much fun anyway. Great watching the battles between Gary and Anders and Ivo, Warren, Jochen and Martin.

Great to see a nice field and everyone enjoying themselves. Next week Pukekohe :)

Lots a fun again in these Legends, great cars and a top version of Oran Park. (What a shame they are turning this track into a housing estate :rolleyes: )
Chose the BMW 635 as I'm slowly working my way through the huge variety available. Of course, had to pick the ex Jim Richards JPS livery, I've seen the real thing maintained in a museum near to my home. :cool:

Qualified mid pack somewhere, but never really found a setup I was comfy with.

First fright I had was as the race started, checked my mirrors, yikes no mirror. :eek: Decided to just try to drive cleanly and hope I didn't cause problems to those behind me. Fortunately, I was surrounded by my two trustworthy GTL mates, Ivo in front, and Carlos behind. Unfortunately, after seeing the replay, I was holding up Carlos for much of the race, sorry mate. :redface: At least our two cars looked the classiest in the pack.
I kept catching or passing (or being passed) by Ries, who was clearly quicker, but he kept crashing or playing bumper cars with others (twice he and Ivo made love). That put me in front of Ivo, but soon it was my turn to be bumpered into a spin by Ries, causing Ivo to have nowhere to go but crash into me. Ivo and I had a close scrap to the finish, with Ivo even trying to gently nudge me along a few times :wink: . Finished P6, and enjoyed it a lot.

Race 2: Decided to make a small setup adjustment for Race 2, but it seemed to make the handling very different, not better, just very different.
Ryan again gifted me pole, but that didn't last long as I was swamped back to P6 by turn 2. I had fixed the mirror this time, so I could see behind, but that was a tad embarrassing as I was holding Ivo up this time, until my grass cutting excursion into the last turn. I then had a great battle with Ivo and Jochen, and even Martin briefly, to end in a blanket finish for P6 again.

Thanks for another fun event, these cars are certainly good, and I love the fact that Ryan is selecting Aussie tracks, we don't get to race many of those in other games. :smile:

Brocky's old E30 was my weapon of choice tonight and it helped get me involved in the front fight,never really had to challenge and make passes as places were handed to me along the way up to 2nd spot,it took some applying of pressure on Martin though until a crack appeared and i took the lead,very slow gradual small gap being made so all looking good until i arrived on another E30 to lap that was a bit,how can i be polite?..."unpredictable"?...he got in a bit of a tank slapper at the final turn and as i chose a way to go and avoid,his car would suddenly swerve that direction..hes going this way?..no hes going that...huup back this way quick!? >;p,it resulted in a small clip to my car going off a little,just enough for Martin to arrive and take the lead,i pushed right up to his bumper but just no passing chance,great race and good fun for 2nd.
Race2:
Up and away well with the front pack and just sort of followed really,maybe a place or two gained along the way?,following too close for a couple of laps and never being able to do anything about it,so dropped back a little and regrouped for a momentum run on them >;D,Ries folded again under some Lenno pressure (lol,whos yer daddy?!) >:p,and then i arrived to pick up the pieces of Ryan and Martin and T1,Ryan just held his place ahead of me,but then ofcourse he once again crumbled as the Lenno stalked! (owned innit!!) ;p.....then the final chase down on Anders in the flying Holden,it was a gradual reel in as his tyres clearly suffered more than the gentle M3,so making the pass stick took a couple of additional laps with that things grunt down the straight cancelling out almost any gap,eventually had enough in the bag in the middle section to be clear enough to secure the win :).
Both races large ammounts of fun for me.
There should be criminal charges brought against the twonk who is responsible for that track being closed down in RL....

Thank You Ryan & RD

Haha, you weren't slowing me down Warren, you were just showing me where to brake lol.

Race1) I was doing pretty good follwing Warren around the track until I broke a bit too late in T1 and killed my suspension. But up until that point I was having a ball in my Benz.

Race2) I thought that we were gonna have enough time to practice again in the case that we chose to switch cars. So I went out and switched over to the 635. I had never even driven it before (at all) but I figured that 5 or 6 laps around would be enough to get to know her well enough to drive safely. Thing is when I get back I hear Ryan say that we have 2 minutes left before race start! I was barely able to get one full lap lol! I wasn't doing so terribly considering I was using the default setup. But then T1 bit me again. This time my car still ran so I was able to bring it into the pits for repair. But as I was exiting I sped in the pit area and I was issued a S&G! Not my day lol! I finished last, but at least I finished, which is an improvement over how I did in race1 I guess.

The track is tricky but fun. First time on it, hope to visit it again sometime.

P.S. Hey Warren, I believe that someone is running an event at Warwick Farm next week.:cool:

great night, TCL again provided some good close racing...

race 1: lost ALL force feedback the moment lights went green... somehow with absolutely no feel, I managed to keep up with Gary and even get in the lead when Gary had that accident he mentioned... since there were only 2 laps left, I played it safe and took the win :smile:

race 2: got a great start and went from 6th to 2nd by the time we reached the first corner with Ryan closely behind me... he overtook me (after my small mistake), but then he spun in the first corner and I couldn't avoid hitting him... so I ended up facing the wrong way in the middle of the track, the car stalled and on top of that the suspension broke... sorry to all you guys that had to avoid me, but I couldn't move... my car lost some of its handling and a few laps later I spun and lost another 5 seconds... after a few laps I caught up with Jochen and Warren and eventually got past them... then I spun once more in the final lap and was lucky to finish 5th, but considering I started 6th, I still made up 1 place :wink:

thanks guys for good racing and also Ryan and RD for the event... see you all next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%