rF2 Touring Masters @ Okayama - Wednesday December 15th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I,m sry but i can't do this race, have installed ATI card recently and got lots of ghost cars. Can't race with invisible ( to me ) cars, too much risk. ATI + WinXp = rFactor graphics mess. Have a good one guys.

Painful reading that Swidey m8 :/

Ofcourse i know exactly where your coming from on that issue as well,my bright idea was to go buy a 5770 to cure it,and it was no different from the 4870,eventually found pure joy in Win7,not just for rF as well but everything in general,but i never got the chance to try this guys fix from my thread on this topic,please go give it a try now Swidey and see if it does the trick m8.

FIX(tweak)
If the in-game maximum detail settings still aren't enough for you then you can edit the vehicle's CAM file to increase the LOD bias, and it won't cause a mismatch. Look in your "...\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\V8Factor" folder to find the CAM files. There's one for the Ford BA (ba_cams.cam) and one for the Holden VZ (VZ_cams.cam). You can also edit any other vehicle's CAM file in any other mod if you like.

After making backups, open the CAM file you wish to edit into Notepad then locate the section called "LocalCam=COCKPIT". Find the line "LODMultiplier=(1.000000)" and try increasing that value to (1.200000) or even higher if you like. Experiment to find the figure that works best for your system. The more you increase that number the more performance hit you'll take though.
This technique can also be used if you drive from the hood cam (LocalCam=TVCOCKPIT).

Qualifying: 10th or 11th, I believe. I couldn't match the pace of Greg et al, but I knew that the Holden would be strong on the straights so I decided to sit tight and see what happened.

Race: Screwed up royally off the line - I forgot to shift into bloody 1st. :tongue: That and a misjudgment at turn 1 dropped me to 16th. From then on it was a waiting game, pouncing when people went off in front of me and blasting by a rival on the straights when I got close enough. By the last 15 minutes of the race I had fought back up to 9th and was looking to catch up to Ozan, but then I saw a small spider crawling up the wall beside my desk. I hate spiders.
That little creepy-crawly distracted me enough to send me into the wall exiting turn 4, which gave me suspension damage. Still, I managed to carry on, albeit fighting the car a bit more than I had been before. Edgar managed to catch up to me and we had a great fight for 8th after Ozan went off, which went on for about 10 minutes. That's what I love about this mod - he would catch up in braking and exiting corners, but I would open up the gap again on the straights - it was fun knowing where we were weak or strong on the circuit, and compromising in order to stay in front in those areas. He eventually got me on the second-last lap, but I have no idea how I managed to keep him behind me for so long with steering bent about 30 degrees to the right!

I finished 8th in the end. Excellent racing, and well worth getting up at 4am for... :tongue: See you guys some other time.

Painful reading that Swidey m8 :/

Ofcourse i know exactly where your coming from on that issue as well,my bright idea was to go buy a 5770 to cure it,and it was no different from the 4870,eventually found pure joy in Win7,not just for rF as well but everything in general,but i never got the chance to try this guys fix from my thread on this topic,please go give it a try now Swidey and see if it does the trick m8.

FIX(tweak)
If the in-game maximum detail settings still aren't enough for you then you can edit the vehicle's CAM file to increase the LOD bias, and it won't cause a mismatch. Look in your "...\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\V8Factor" folder to find the CAM files. There's one for the Ford BA (ba_cams.cam) and one for the Holden VZ (VZ_cams.cam). You can also edit any other vehicle's CAM file in any other mod if you like.

After making backups, open the CAM file you wish to edit into Notepad then locate the section called "LocalCam=COCKPIT". Find the line "LODMultiplier=(1.000000)" and try increasing that value to (1.200000) or even higher if you like. Experiment to find the figure that works best for your system. The more you increase that number the more performance hit you'll take though.
This technique can also be used if you drive from the hood cam (LocalCam=TVCOCKPIT).

As you know i expected it to happen, no surprise there lol. Will try that fix, maybe it will work. Would it be possible to keep both drivers ( nvidia & ATI ) on a system and just switch the cards when needed? I have come up on a few threads insisting that you can keep both drivers and just physically change the cards without the need of cleaning previous driver. Any thoughts on that?

Fun race :)
Not used to thecars at all yet, but i started going faster after an hour or so driving
Qualifed in the back with 1.39.5 or so and got taken in the starting line mess before even reaching T1 hahahaha
Then I just tried to go as fast as I could with what I had left from my car until 25 minutes or so after the start where I simply forgot to brake at t1... BOOOM... no more little Supra hahaha

But lots of fun nonetheless!

Thanks guys!

hi

this was my first rfactor race ever. I just bought it so I can race this event. Also for the nice f1 mods there are out for this game.
But I know the circuit from GTR2 and I like this one very much.

quali:
I tried every car in advance and took the mercedes as it felt most comfortable to drive.
Almost no training and still learning the specialities about rfactor I was not able to prepare a setup that feels right.
I drove a low 39 what was still very slow compared to the top but very satisfying.

race:
At the start there was a big pile up just in front of me. I would have made it without damage but I got a big hit from behind directly into the mess. Car was a wrack after that. So had to limp back to pit, on whole lap, where I repaired my car for 2 hours. Actually it was 40 seconds but it felt like 2 hours :D. After that I rejoined the track at the back, way back, I think. Actually I had no idea which car is in which lap. So after this it was just driving around for me and let every car by as I was not sure if I was a lap behind. (I still have to learn about rfactor. I didn't see the position neither the laps or the times I was driving. Only after every lap the pit crew told me the lap time. Thank you pit crew :p )
Hope I was not to much in the way though.

So my first rfactor race ever was not so successful. But still the game is not so bad after all. Although I'm a Simbin adorer.
I like the mod and I hope there will be more races in the future.
Maybe with little bit more attention for the start.

Thanks all drivers though. And big up to RD for all this work. Always a pleasure.

cya next time
Manu

What a fun race, full of action, side by side, bumper to the bumper for almost full distance. :)
Qualy: Quite good for me close to PB(with low 1:39 with safe margin to 106%), but only P26th.
Start: BIG MESS!!! Before the finish line I hit some white merc standing across the track......luckly no big damage. I left T1, as the last car on the track - 36th. Had many, many, many close and exciting battles, especialy with Marc, Paul and Flavien-those I'will remember. One more time sorry for tapping Your red supra Flavien, luckly You managed to stay on the tarmac. I had not enough pace to be more competitive, but I gained 15 positions with only one mistake on my own and finished on 21th, so not that bad. Last 5-4 laps was a madness, with almost no tires (all 4 hards) racing very near to my race PB trying to catch up 20th position (Icould afford that, cause I had safe gap in the back about 45 sec. or smth), but only was able to reduce the gap from 16sec. to 3. Maybe , if I had one more lap....lol.
It was very good racing from all of You guys, thanks to RD, racing Staff for organizing this event, to all I've battle with and all who raced this evening for great fun I had.
See You next time.

This was my first event in the rFactor club and I was looking forward to it as I expect great battles with this mod. Unfortunately I put myself in a miserable situation right at the start: using the H-shifter I somehow managed to put in 2nd gear without being on the clutch seconds before the race started. That led to the race director giving me a drive through penalty and I stood still on the grid while the few cars behind me pushed forward full throttle. Sorry for anyone behind me, absolutely my fault!
Then there was huge carnage on the S/F line where I managed to avoid most of the spinning cars while being 'bumpdrafted' all the way to the first corner.

Being almost at the end of the field anyway I decided to instantly drive through the pits to have a clean screen again. From then on I did not know whether I was on the lead lap or not - only when the blue flag appeared I made room for the following driver but otherwise tried to have some fun with all the cars on the track. Some great battles were had with lots of sideways action coming out of the corners :thumb:
What displeased me was the lack of respect many drivers showed towards others.. running hard in the back of other cars at corner entry, leading them to spin and then just drive on. I don't mention any names here and will not file any protests but I'm just disappointed with this driving standard. My attitude in the club events is always to drive gentleman-like and that's what I expect from everyone else. Therefore I just drove for the fun of driving and enjoyed some nice battles with different drivers. Don't know yet if I will attend future rFactor events..but I expect many fun races to come. I'm just not sure if I really like such big fields :rally:

@Jeff Dobbing: Thanks for the mention! It was fun driving right behind the two of you.. I was basically a spectator with a full race access ticket :wink:

Gathered 25th position for the race after a terrible qualification run (somewhere around 1:39:---; way over one second slower then my personal best time on softs).

Start:
Got trapped in the middle of the destruction derby; my car was seriously damaged. :mad:

2nd lap:
Went into the pits as I noticed that I can't keep up; got back into the race with a 55 seconds gap to position 32. :frown:

Back in the race:
Worked my way upwards to position 19th and finished just behind Adam. :)

I'd like to apologize two rather rough driving maneuvers towards Teppo Remes at the beginning of the race for an failed attempt to overtake him and Tyrone Frith while overtaking him. Fortunately there wasn't any disastrous incident involved from my point of view. :redface:

Also before I'd like to thank RD for the race I'd like to note that the racing gentlements who are trying to lap another driver should do so where it's save and not in the middle of a corner or a combination of corners. :tongue:

And now:
Thank you very much Adam and all the others involved at Race Department for keeping the WTM club events running. I'll be looking forward to the next event! :D

Really enjoyable race! Qualified pretty well in 5th irc then managed to survive some T1 argy bargy. Things were pretty smooth except for Kelvin's car disappearing every now and then, at one point I thought I took him out as he disappeard for a long time and showed to be dropping down the standings before reappearing, very unnerving! After that point I was in a pretty tough battle with Andy Oakley and we were still managing to do some quick times. I then misjudged going into a corner when I think it was Lennon going slowly and spun Andy round, really sorry about that! Other than that personal brain fart the race was pretty tight between myself and Andy to the end!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back