rF2 Touring Masters @ Mosport 2009 - Mon May 10th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well, completely stuffed it in Race 2 infront of everyone, don't I look like a berk? lol

Sorry who collided me in Turn 1, I was frantically trying to get the car off the track but just couldn't shift it quickly enough

Wow, could that of gone any worse?

I get pole position with my PB, last sector felt perfect, car felt great.

Race starts and as i expected my turbo lag let me lose the lead into T1. I'm following Ries into the fast right hander after the slow uphill hairpinish section and had to check up after realising his brake point is a bit different to mine. When i did that however i had to quickly correct my slide and that yanked my wheel off slightly. I spent the next 10 laps trying to screw it back on but couldn't get it on too tight while driving so had to tighten it up down the straights whenever i could. Finally on lap 10 i am again heading into the fast right hander and the wheel comes loose while i am trying to correct a slide from touching the grass slightly due to trying to clamp the damn thing on in the first place. Spin Crash end of race, engine wouldn't restart.

After that my chat was out of sync and nothing anybody was typing came up for ages, hence my various random messages and then i got a sudden update, then again nothing came up for ages. Finally the 30sec signal for the race came up but obviously i was behind or something because i joined at 30 but the race started straight away pretty much, not to mention i couldn't see the lights anyway as for some reason they wouldn't come on so i had to go when i saw everyone else move. Then i am driving out of T3 and i get spectated for whatever reason. i think i had got up to 13th or 14th by then from 20th place too with a few crashers.

I feel like Sebastian Vettel right now, whatever happened to pole and the win?

Not a good pair of races for me :rolleyes:

It had looked quite good for me as I was running 25's in practice, but the first race I was entangled in the aftermath of a pileup, got suspension damage and then a puncture! Pit stop, but sodded that up, I forgot to press the limmiter!!! ARGHHHH stop n go!!......... Appologies to the cossy that ran into me after I had spun, I must try and remember names, but it happens sooooo fast! Well I finnished!

Second race, the car infront just didnt go at the lights, I tapped him but the car behind me ran into me, nobodys fualt i guess, but more damage and another pitstop...... I did nundge a BMW, I waited so appologies..... you just suprised me as you were alot slower/braked earlier that I had exspected! Had a few good battles at the back, so not all was lost :)......... lets hope next week im a bit more lucky

As always, great to race with you guys in this fab mod and many thanks to Ryan / Ivo and all the RD staff

Cheers

Hi

Race1: sorry to Bjorn de Haas ( lap 4-- time 6.03 ) was in battle with Toby I brake little bit later so I hit you but Im wait you:) At final lap my apologies to Graham Simmons and Wayne Reed not my intention cut the track for hold my position but sometime the lag is come:frown: so fault everything (lap15-- time 23.10 )

Race2: no problem, race full of fun many battle remember L Demolin, R Emery thanks all guys that had partecipate

Big Thanks to Ryan-Ivo and RD.

Great races guys, big fight’s but my Alfa wasn’t quick enough on the straights, so overtake anyone was very hard, but still have a lot fun and after two races with so many drivers when you only can complain of your own mistakes, that’s very good.

Well, completely stuffed it in Race 2 infront of everyone, don't I look like a berk? lol

Sorry who collided me in Turn 1, I was frantically trying to get the car off the track but just couldn't shift it quickly enough

It was my kid, Leonardo that collided with you, man he is really mad :mad: with the guy with a blue car that ruin his race!:):)

I've yet to have a duff race at that track and these cars produced some of my finest moments there tonight across both races,a shocker 2nd row start from 3rd place on the grid,a terrific launch with the Volvo too but nowhere to go,it just wouldnt fit between Bens Supra and the pit wall :p,ended up losing places hand over fist early on then found some track space and better rythym,just managed to miss a car bouncing back on track off the wall (miraculous!)...and then begineth the big fight with Ryo >;D,truly brilliant little elbows and knees out scrapping!,got a pass done,then stuffed the "funky bit at the bottom of the hill",and Ryo's back through to 2nd place!!,then he goes fataly wide at T2 and im through and clear but now Anders is about 3-4secs ahead,Volvo is feeling up for it so i push hard and chip the gap away and get it down to 1.2 i think at the line?,a good 2nd place for me :).

Race2 and i launch good again,but i think its just a case of the tight nature of Mosport grid,just no where to go with it,so fall in the pack and try and get more busy early on this time,but my progress wasnt as good as Ryan sneaking through everywhere in his stealth Sierra! ¬_¬,early fun for me with Adam going along good in his Toyota,took a lap or 2 of study and then i made my pounce and i was now free to chase down Ryo in the lead by just over 2secs,needed some big pushage to get on terms but i did end up nicely rolling up to his back bumper ;),but despite some extra pace here and there a pass just never really presented itself,a couple of tempting moments though where a late do or die lunge might have been on,but the risk of us both going off was too great,it needed a proper mistake from Ryan and he just never made one,so another 2nd place that im very pleased with,also very happy to kill the curse of race2!! :D.
Many thanks all i had racing pleasures with tonight in another lovely large grid.

Thank You Ryan & RD

My first (and second) race in multiplayer, it was really fun! :D
Apart that I did not have good pace all sessions (sorry if i held up somebody), I tried to not make mistakes and run out of problems.. in the second race almost crash into an spun guy, ran off track and that cost me wait to rejoin and drop to last, nevertheless was ok finish 10 and 12. Btw the best mercedes :tongue:
Thanks all, Cheers.

Race2: no problem, race full of fun many battle remember L Demolin, R Emery thanks all guys that had partecipate
My first laps of Mosport, was targeting consistency, which resulted in something more similar to track version of constipation ;).

Great fun, 25-car grid was just stunning (my first online race with sucha crowd). Started slowly, doing laps over 6 seconds slower than the top dogs, but the 2nd race seen me improvin' to lower 27s, that is before smashing the front of my limo into the tyre wall. Those over-the-crest left handers are a handful, I still have no idea at all how to tackle them :D. Hopefully I didn't ruin anyones race, I had some hard time adjusting in the free practice, but in the race I just got rear-ended once.

Once again: great fun, looking forward to more TCM awesomeness :)

Fantastic time for me. Managed to set a new PB in practice and was close to it in qualifying but was only down in 13th. I was closer to the front than normal and it was a huge step in the right direction so very pleased with that.

Race 1: Someone spun it on the grid a few rows ahead and I managed to just squeeze past although my rear was fishtailing for a bit. Was still in 13th and closed up to the back of Jan down the back straight before sliding one down the inside. Managed to make up a few more places due to others going off and had a few laps duelling Sergio until he made a mistake at the last turn. Was running in 7th with no-one around me and then Ries came flying up behind to try and unlap himself. I was given a nudge at turn 1 and managed to hang onto the car before I let him through at turn 3. Finished 7th and I believe that was my best result with these cars.

Race 2: Started 2nd and made a flyer. Went around the outside of Sergio at turn 1 to take the lead before he moved down the inside of me in turn 2. He carried too much speed and ran onto the grass before flying across the track in front of me. We touched but I couldn't avoid him, happily it didn't affect my car. Had Nick on my rear now and he shot one down the inside of me over the crest at the end of the back straight but he out-braked himself and went straight on. I managed to cut back to the inside to hold off Ryan and got across the line to lead my first ever lap at RD :D. Ryan managed to get me into turn 1 of the 2nd lap however and I was forced to try and defend against Gary. After a couple of laps, he made a well executed manouevre down the inside of turn 3 and I tried to fight back on the exit but he was just too quick. A few laps later I ran a bit wide in the double right hander and that allowed the 3 cars of Anders, Kjell, and Jay to get past. Was rather annoyed about that mistake as I felt I could of held them off for longer. The very next lap I did the same thing, however it wasn't as big a mistake. Exiting the second right I got a huge whack in the side by Ries which lost me traction and he out-accelerated me. I managed to get into his slipstream and after the final right kink before the crest he kept to the right so I moved to the outside to try and get past. However, Ries shot to my side of the track and we collided with him going straight on. Luckily I managed to hold onto the car without going off. A few laps later he came steaming up behind me again and made another aggressive manouevre into turn 3 i think it was. Was now in 7th and stayed there until the end of the race.

Very happy with my performance, and managed to lead a lap for the first time. Looking forward to the next event.

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and all the guys I battled with.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%