rF2 Touring Masters @ Misano - Wednesday November 17th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Decided not to qualy in this race....... that might've been a bad move!

Got caught up in the grid of doom. Looking that the replay, it all started with Jo Benevelli not moving at the start, causing everyone to go all over the place. Including me getting pushed into the path of Ali Kayhan (sorry, but there was nothing i could do) which then put me on my roof lol.

So off i toddled, in last place.

Managed to make it to 24th by lap 5. Eating away at positions here and there.

The highlight of my race was when i caught up with Teppo Remes. Man that was a good scrap. Between us, we caught a few cars and ended up passing them together. I never managed to get infront of Teppo but was always there right behind him :)
I did end up giving Teppo a few nudges, apologies for that. Correct me if i`m wrong, but it looked as though your tyres were going, so your slightly earlier braking caught me out once or twice.

This battle went on from lap 11 right to the end, with us finishing in 11th (Teppo) and 12th (Me) with a gap of just 3 tenths.

Yeah nice battle whit u...my last 4laps i have big problem front right tires...120-130degrees so i brake so early.MY race not starting so good....T1 first lap someone push it me out of track...i losing many many position reason that.

Well, this was my first race here at RD and I have to say, had an absolute blast.

My main goal for this one was simply to finish. As such I decided to stay at the back during qualifying and let things pan out. Last thing I wanted was to be in the middle of the field surrounded by unfamiliar drivers.

Had a good run and a lot of good battles on the way through to a 17th place finish. was running medium tyres all round on the Sierra and they felt as good at the end as they did at the start.

Great Mod and well organised, thx to the creators and Staff. Looking forward to the next one

Great racing today! WTm after a short brake from me... This mod is awsome and with such big grid You can always find drivers on your level with whom you can battle. I'm still very slow in this mod, so quali was not so good, P23. Start was crazy everybody span everywhere, it was to much smoke for me so it was a kind off blind drivingin few moments. LOL. I started just behind Łukasz and luckly he find clear way through this mess on the start, I stay behind him by 3 first turns and fast jumped on P15 and than in the entrance to the main straight I went a bit to wide and with slide went just before huds of few guys on the other side of the straight (realy scary moment). Luckly no incidents. I managed to take control again andback on the the track , I've lost 6-7 positions...:frown:. I had few fine battles with many drivers and most of them I lost cause my minor mistakes. Most of the race I spent fighting with Helge Dahl and Chris Sykes. Very clean and fair bettles. On the last lap I managed to catch up on Yann Laprevotte- think You had problems with tires , but mI hadn't, cause my last lap was only 0,1 sec. worse than PB. I finished on P24-or 25, few tenths behind Yann.
PS: Choosing in front hards was a bad choice... M3 was too underster in slow turns and in the exits. I think mediums for all tires is a better solution -at least with my style of driving/setup...
Thanks to the Staff for organizing and to All who raced today, See You next time in WTM-I must do some more practice before S2:wink:.

Great race today in what I think is one of the best rF mods available at the moment.Started from around 12th on the grid I was able to keep fairly consistent laptimes ticking over that took me near the front of the pack come race end.I must make mention of the fair & clean racing by all I came across with some great dices over the period of the race.I ran mediums tyres all around on the Peter Brock 05 M3 & it seemed to work well.Whilst not having the outright straight line speed the car faired well throught the twisty bits whilst treading fairly lightly on its tyres.

For circuits like Misano the car is suited however on some of the faster circuits I'm not sure how well it will fair.

Being a true BMW fanatic & having two of them in my garage along with Brock being my childhood idol this car is still a no brainer for myself.

Thanks to all competitors for a great race & to Ryan for his efforts & enthusiasm....hope to see you all on the grid come season 2.

Ah, that's why your team is 05Motorsport :).

Actually in many ways this track was not really suited to the BMW, not many fast corners and a very long straight. But it just shows how well the light cars look after their tyres.

I ran mediums tyres all around on the Peter Brock 05 M3

How VERY dare you. That's MY car.

Oh hang on, no. I`m done with it now :)

Hope she brings you many points. That beauty got me to 7th in the championship last season :)

...sorry all also for my bad starting ...

If it happens again i shall be shoving potatoes in your exhaust pipe..... try moving then!! :)

No bad feelings from me anyways.... poo happens, just a shame it was in your second race lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back