rF2 Touring Masters @ Imola 1990 - Wed Aug 4th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
that went nicely! :D
8th and 6th not bad at all :)
my slow driving caused a few people to drive into me and spin sorry for that but i couldnt figure out how to get any more speed outta these cars. guess i just got lucky to get better than 10th which is what i was expecting to get at max :)

My first start was good - 2nd to 1st. Just beat Swider into tamburello, and then Gary got by him. A couple laps later Gary was faster than me and drafted me on the outside of tamburello. I went the wrong way and he forced me to go the long way round - which I tried, ran out of road, went skipping along the grass on the inside of tosa and took Gary out. FAIL. Sorry mate. I let him back through and chased down the rest, before spinning AGAIN at Tosa. So I was 6 seconds back, and eventually reeled in Lee and Adam, overtaking them two, and then came Gary - final lap, I was a second back. Then he makes a mistake at Rivazza - 2nd is mine. :)

My second start was even better. 7th - 1st before the entrance of tamburello, it was like everyone was sitting still. It's so much like the league races, it's about the only thing I'm good at. I then led all the way home to take quite a boring 1st in comparison. I had way more fun in race 1 than in race 2.

Terrible night for me.

Quali: Could never get a good clean lap and ended up 6th.

Race 1: Made a good start and was up to 4th by the end of lap 1. That turned into second at Tosa on lap 2. Had Lee nibbling away at the bodywork at the rear of the car for a few laps but managed to pull away from him. Next thing I know I have Gary in my rear view mirror and managed to hold him off for 2 or 3 laps until I ran wide at Tamburello. He got a run at me going into Villeneuve and we were side by side at the braking point. At the time I thought this isn't going to end well but lucky it did. He got past with a magnificent manouevre around the outside of Villeneuve and the inside of Tosa. Down at the Rivazza I threw away another podium (4 in 4 races) when I spun. Rolled home in 5th with a few missing body panels.

Race 2: Started 4th and got a good start but Toby came from nowhere and shot past me. On the run down to Villeneuve Lee started pushing me to the side but I pushed him back :tongue: then I took my foot off the throttle (well thumb off analog stick) a bit as I didn't have time to get past Lukasz. As I went for the brakes, Lukasz beat me to them slightly and moved slightly onto my line. Small amount of contact was made that sent both of us spinning off (sorry). I saw it as a racing incident and just one of those things that can happen so I continued along. Lap 2 I got hit up the back by Can but I was able to hold it and recovered only for Ryan to suddenly come across me and hit me (I got no issues with it). Can waited (you didn't have to as I did recover from your hit) and I was down in 10th or so. Managed to get past Tomasz and Abdul until I spun at Variante Bassa. Dropped behind Sergio and was trying to chase him down. I got a bit of help when he got stuck behind Robert which allowed me to close up on both of them. Got past Robert and then Sergio went off at Tosa giving me 5th place. Managed to roll it home.

Thanks to Ryan, RD, and those I battled with

Sorry for the bump as you recovered Adz. As I came around you were prostate across the track and as I moved to avoid you, you tidied it all up and I tapped you around again. Nothing I could do sorry!

Pretty terrible night really. Some of it my own fault, some of it not.

Took the Skyline for something a little different tonight,didnt settle well with it early but soon found a tweak and change of technique to get some speed out of it,enjoyed some rather superb close action and was always given just enough room to perform some highly enjoyable passing across both races,main thing i learned is the Skyline has some lovely big power and can happily hold its own with the RS's and Volvo's,but as a league M3 driver i found the tyre shredding a bit of a problem later on,final 2 laps it was very hard to get it to turn at all :).
Grats all podiums and ofcourse all finishers in what was a nice sized good clean grid.

Thank You Ryo & RD

Good night for me. In quali trim I think I had another 4 tenths but couldn't quite hook it up. Started 4th Race 1. Had a okayish start. M3 had little power so Adam got me before we got to the hairpin (T3 - crap with names). Had a poor opening lap trying warm tyres up. Once it was all warm though I managed to get a good pace on. Trying a few times to get past Adam including 1 going into T3 which he blocked hard and nearly had us both off. Was running 3rd after The Garry - Toby incident. Don't really remember much about this race except for Garry and Toby got past at some point and I got past Adam and pulled away. Finished 4th.

Race two I started 5th due to reverse grid. I had one of the best starts of my career (not quite as good as Toby's but it was 5th - 3rd before T1). Into the Turn 2 fast right Adam made contact with Lukasz allowing me past for secound. Had a better opening stint this time and managed to catch Toby up a bit in the middle sector (this M3 is incredible in sector 2). Going into the double left after the sector 2/3 split. I outbraked myself and gave Toby a sizeable tap (sorry for that) he managed to hold it and it Garry in my mirror. Garry managed to get a half chance down towards T2 and I missed my braking point nearly taking Toby with me :(. This let Garry and Dariusz past. Was now 4th in my own little world really. I didn't have the pace to catch the 3 infront but had pace to take a fair bit of time out of 5th each sector. In the end this race was worse for me making a fair few mistakes but finishing a lonely 4th again.

All in all happy with the results but wish I had more pace in the race. Based on qualifying I was on the pace of Garry, Ryan and Toby but could not get near that in both races. I'm loving this M3 more and more everytime I drive it lol :D.

Thanks Ryan for setting this up. Thanks to all I raced with. :)

That was fun:D in my 2nd race with this mod.Slowly getting to grips with it and i :love: it:cool:

Q: got pole somehow:tongue:

R.1 Well, need to work on my starts so lost 2 pos. and have settled in 3rd watching Gary and Toby at their throats in safe distance. Then the inevitable happened and i,m in 1st. Big gap has put my on ease with the car so cruised to the finish line.

R.2 A lot more fun battling through the field and good fight with Gary for a few laps and into 2nd chasing Toby, have closed the gap a bit by finish but no chance to challenge for win:damnit: lol.

Thx to Ryan and RD , see you all next time.:peace:

That was fun:D in my 2nd race with this mod.Slowly getting to grips with it and i :love: it:cool:

Q: got pole somehow:tongue:

R.1 Well, need to work on my starts so lost 2 pos. and have settled in 3rd watching Gary and Toby at their throats in safe distance. Then the inevitable happened and i,m in 1st. Big gap has put my on ease with the car so cruised to the finish line.

R.2 A lot more fun battling through the field and good fight with Gary for a few laps and into 2nd chasing Toby, have closed the gap a bit by finish but no chance to challenge for win:damnit: lol.

Thx to Ryan and RD , see you all next time.:peace:
Do you use autoclutch :D
Because manual clutch is the only way to start any car on rFactor, the autoclutch start is RUBBISH.

I can't tell my performance yesterday was brilliant. I'm in the middle of switching large hard drives now and I missed the practice because of that, so Q was my practice and R1 was warmup :). At the beginning of R1 I sat on Robert's bumper and tried to squeeze past him as I saw he was noticeably slower, but he wasn't going to make it easy for me, pulling a "late Schumacher" once or twice - second time I got squeezed in T1 and reacted too hard, going off onto the gravel. I recovered quickly, but as I was pumped up after that I overdid the next turns and found myself heading straight for Can's 190E. Tried to avoid contact, but unfortunately I've hit him hard, I'm very sorry because of that. Waited patiently, and rejoined after him, which resulted in Rob having 20s advantage over me, so I did the only thing I could in this situation - pushed hard trying to catch him. And I did, taking an inside line and braking late in the last chicane on last lap. Consolation prize :).

In R2 I got a light, bun unfortunately timed nudge from Adam, as he already described. It was a downer, but I wasn't going to really mind it - but I must've pressed a button, which suddenly switched my view to Darek's onboard. I didn't now how to undo it (now I think it was P after looking at Controller menu) so I just had to retire. A pity, as even though I wasn't competitive I was really enjoying driving the 635 :/

Anyway - see you next time and thanks to all for showing up yesterday :)

Two almost identical races for me, starting from 7th place, found myself behind Woodward and he was bit slow in the last corners, when I try stay close to him in exit of the last one, I give him a little touch that make me spin, lost about 12 seconds and my all race was just to recover that gap and overtook him near the end of the race, finishing in 6th place.

Second one in 2st lap and again behind Woodward, I lost control at Tosa and again lose 10/12 seconds, same story, recovering, later overtake Adam and Woodward, but in the lap before last one I make another spin at Tosa and lost 5th place, finishing in 7th, not a very good night.

But it was pleasure to drive in this fantastic track, thanks Ryan and RD.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back