rF2 Touring Masters @ Eurospeedway Lausitz - Wednesday 5th January 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I really enjoyed the race although it started at 6am Brisbane time!! I showed good pace in practice managing a 1:57.5 but couldn't get it together for qualy. So starting near the back I needed luck to get though (didn't get that...oh well) made a few mistakes and spun myself a couple of times as well. Had a great battle with Adam near the end awesome fun, all I could hear was the growl of the Merc in front, along side and behind me.

I had no idea how much fuel, what tyres, and how hard to attack the track in the end pushed too hard and my tyres went off about 15mins to go and all can say is lucky the RS500 has got good straight line speed other wise Adam would have got me for sure.

Not bad for a first attempt at this mod and track

Loved this race, first ever WTM event for me where I've been genuinely competitive. My first ever WTM pole, really didn't expect that at all, but Toby got me off the start. Overtook him later in the lap and held the leqad for the next few laps, but then Toby put a good moved on me which also allowed Peter trough. Us three had been involved in a massive battle for the lead for a while, really good racing. After I dropped to 3rd, i started to make small mistakes, which eventually resulted in a spin and me finishing in 6th.

Great guys, thanks Toby and Peter for the good battle, thanks RD and Adam for the event, and congrats Toby for the win :)

Luckily this was my last race with the old DFP... I had to use that for my 3 weeks holiday, crikey I hate that wheel, I can't understand I actually thought it was the best ever before...

Oh well, I saw that tires held up quite well here, so I went for a medium, an 0-stop and safe driving. It worked quite good. I hate this track, and when I couldn't see a thing either, because of the huge amount of smoke from locked wheels in front of me, it became hard to drive. But it worked, until I saw C.Diaz behind me... I honestly thought "WTF!? Cameron Diaz driving rF???" and then I crashed. After that it was a bad race, I used my tires too hard, crashed some more, had a, bit to hard fight with Ozan, pitted, and drove 0K the last 15 minutes.

For the next race I have my G27 again, and I hope a track I like a bit more than this, I also think I will race with smoke turned off!

Peace Out! :p

Never forseen any kind of podium at "the other Rockingham",i was like a fidgety kid in practice unable to settle in the RS or the Rover,decided i had neglected my #1 league choice so opted for the Alfa,5th grid start was nice for me with a decent launch as well combined with a good clean couple of laps,clean but still all hard fought with the B&H Sierra and JPS M3 giving me an early working over,eventually passed the Sierra(M.Hill?),and ended up back where i started in 5th

I had a pretty fun battle early on with you lot - I was in the B7H Sierra - I just couldn't settle into some decent pace for some reason. Fortunaltely the monster that is the Sierra down the straight kept you guys behind me longer than what you should've been. At some point after that I did my only lap in the 47's. As annoying as it was, I think I had an edge on tyres in the final laps and I was able to mount abit of a comeback after I dropped to 9th behind Muru. I mainly concentrated on keeping it on the black stuff and waited for cars to either spin, or well spin. I think Anders Nilsson spun and then Christ Butcher also gifted me a spot which saw me finish 5th. Pretty chuffed with it, did my first laps in the car and the track - I knew it from Race Driver - in the server and Toby was kind enough to let me use his setup, thanks!

THis was perhaps my worst race at RD so far. First of all - I dislike the track heavily, even though it is like a longer Adria. I decided to try for a full race with hards and no pitstop for once. After about 6 or 7 minutes of losing 3 seconds per lap to the rear end of the field I decided to throw everything over board and change tactics. Soft tires and back out on the track, but every position I earned was because other got problems and retired. After my second stop for tires I was climbing up to Ole Marius and that group, but as with many others I had messed up with the fuel... So after refueling I did end up in a fight with Ozan, who clearly had used the best of his tires at this point. After exchanging positions a couple of times I finally did manage to get a little gap, just before Ozan left the race. Ended up 23rd, and now I know that I have to run softer tires and have a pitstop regardless of track :tongue:

Roy the fastest way around a 45 min race is to use hards and look after them, and not stop. I have tested starting on hards, pitting for softs, starting on hards pitting for mediums - both are slower. Mediums last 20 minutes so you would have to stop 2 times for them and softs (which last 3 laps, tops).

That might be, but I can not drive on hards for all the money in the world. I am utterly useless with hard tires, so it seems like the only way for me to see any other cars at all on these races nowadays is by using wrong compounds...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%