rF2 Touring Masters @ Donington GP - Saturday September 10th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was all set to go Rover but noticed i could more or less match the times with a Supra for half the sweat and effort so i went with it,following Erik from the start was slightly amusing as he appeared to treat it like a 1 lap sprint for the win with a very high risk approach resulting in binning it at Macleans entry,yielded to Toby and Eike came through as well,Jay closed in steadily in his Cossie and all 3 of us enjoyed a nice little bit of racing,after a few laps Eike started to falter a bit in his Merc allowing me and then Jay to pass.
I just pushed on with my no stopper strategy on hards,i got a surprise when i checked my tyres with about 10mins to go and saw i had barely used one green dot of tyre wear,and the temps were ridicuoulsly low yet i thought i could feel tyre wear but surely it was just low temps?,this has really put the Toyota up on my car choice radar indeed....

Thank you Adz/Ryo & RD

Gary, I had the same temperature problem with most cars with the hards. The 635CSi never heated the tires up to get the grip right. So I went in the race with the mediums. Same case - couldn't get them above 90, even thou I was racing hard with people around me. Had I gone with the Merc I drove last season, I could've done 80 laps on the same set of hards. Or 50 in the meds.
Not sure if it was that low temperature that started to kill my meds after lap 20, or was it the pure fade-away factor, but I really think Ryo should look back into the tire temperatures again. The only way I see now to keep the temperature up in the tires is to either drive the Holden, or to simply drive like Erik :D The first one I'm kinda not willing to do, while for the second one I'm kinda lacking the talent to do :/

I was all set to go Rover but noticed i could more or less match the times with a Supra for half the sweat and effort so i went with it,following Erik from the start was slightly amusing as he appeared to treat it like a 1 lap sprint for the win with a very high risk approach resulting in binning it at Macleans entry,yielded to Toby and Eike came through as well,Jay closed in steadily in his Cossie and all 3 of us enjoyed a nice little bit of racing,after a few laps Eike started to falter a bit in his Merc allowing me and then Jay to pass.
I just pushed on with my no stopper strategy on hards,i got a surprise when i checked my tyres with about 10mins to go and saw i had barely used one green dot of tyre wear,and the temps were ridicuoulsly low yet i thought i could feel tyre wear but surely it was just low temps?,this has really put the Toyota up on my car choice radar indeed....

Thank you Adz/Ryo & RD

Was meant to ask which one you found the easiest to drive, the Rover or Supra over the last two races..:)

The only way I see now to keep the temperature up in the tires is to either drive the Holden, or to simply drive like Erik :D The first one I'm kinda not willing to do, while for the second one I'm kinda lacking the talent to do :/
You may want your tires up to temperature, but mine was over 90+ degrees in the last lap with the softs.. :tongue:
Was meant to ask which one you found the easiest to drive, the Rover or Supra over the last two races..:)

I may scare you, but you can actually setup the Rover to be understeered :eek:

If I make 'em stiffer, then the center of the tire goes and stays well above the inner part, which AFAIK is wrong. Next time I might try stiffer ... thingies, all around the car. I honestly, in the 635CSi, couldn't reach temperatures of over 94 at the front and 88 at the rear. And those were times in which I was going a bit over the edge of my talent by braking late and going out of corners earlier. Meaning - locking, sliding and tank-slappin'. The car felt great otherwise, just still unsure if my tires gave up on me coz of low temperature or coz of their life span going down. The second one I doubt, coz I never dipped below 88% in the front and 90% at the rear. Running ... some HUD add-on, so I know those things :D And I was on Mediums in the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%