rF2 Touring Masters @ Croft - Mon May 3rd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was the most amazing racing I have had at RD (Ever!!!). Even tops my race long battle with Adam Shaw in the V8 at Barbagallo (spelt it wrong again). I am still grinning.

There are too many people to thank, so I will start with those I remember. If I forget anyone please don't take offence.

First I want to thank my mum: without her I wouldn't be alive to race; I want to thank my team-mates, who keep me racing and sane; I want to thank Ryan, for hosting such an amazing event (and for my favourite part of the race coming out of the last turn side-by-side. I want to thank Wayne, Fernando, Jay, and everyone else who I was in heated door-to-door battle with. I am still sweaty and thirsty like no-ones business.

Better go calm down now.

:D.

Again, two really great races! Thanks for the fun! :cool:

I mixed the sessions up - in quali I thought is is already warmup... :tongue: So I drove with medium tires and fuel for 20 mins^^. In race 1 I had nice first laps with the two Texaco Sierras of Ryan and Peter. But they both went off independently so I was alone after a view laps. Race two again was nice to fight through the pack. Here it was more difficult than last week. When Peter and I managed to get through the pack to positions 3 and 4, I tried as hard as I could to keep in touch with him. We both catched up to the leaders, but then I overdid it in one of the fast right handers. I hit the barrier outside the sandtrap and spun -> back to 8th. With the damaged car I could just sneek through to P6.

Again, it was really fair driving! It's much fun to drive here with such fair drivers! I did not regret to come here!

Oh, just to mention: Sorry that Markus and I talked german in TS. We are not used to speak english, especially when concentrating on driving... We are working on it :) Especially I have to, because I will get into a new job position soon where I must speak english... :tongue:

For the next WTM clubraces, it is not sure that we can take part. We both have to prepare and train for a 24h race @ LeMans on 12./13. of June (the same date as the real one). But for sure we will not miss the first race of the WTM season! --- And right now I become aware of the date of the second WTM league race...it's the monday right after the 24h race...damn, that will be hard! :sleep:

cu on track!
Harald

Yeah Mark it was a cracking racing, those touring masters are a handfull but big fun....:D Hope i wasnt holdin to many up in the second race i was right on the limit, awsome fun tho....:cool:

Well, i dont know whether it was the excellent mod, or my track or maybe just the usual crowd, but the turn out tonight was excellent. Gave a chance to really test the track with more drivers than i thought would sign up AND turn up.

If anybody had any issues with the track tonight, please let me know by PM.

I think based on the fact that nothing major cropped up tonight, i`ll just do a few more additions and release it as a public beta.

I enjoyed both races, but especially the race 1 battle with Markus on the last few laps. Sorry for the tap going into the hairpin. My brakes were getting catchy at the back end and i forgot i mapped bias buttons lol.

I can only mirror the above! :D

Had a great time again! First race I didnt do so well and I must appoliogise for a gentle punt up the rear of someone (sorry I cant remember who) I did stop and let them get going again.

Second race was brillant, had lots of close battles with so many people and got to 11th only to drop back to 15th in the end after a spin caused by me pushing too hard lol! I would like to thank Ryan and RD and everyone involved for a wonderful time. This was my third race night and I'm hooked :D! Also I would like to appologise to anyone I held up at all during Practice/qually and the race....... still on a big learning curve so thanks for being patent
P.S. the track was excellent and is now in my top 5 tracks, super job! :D

See you all next week
Best regards
Brian

Awesome track made very very well indeed + the brilliant mod we all know and love by now + nice large grid was the recipe for tonights top event,race one went fine from the start,lovely bit of action with Anders in the bright yellow B&H motor,and basically just keeping my nose within sniffing range of the front pack,it was off track excursions by those ahead that saw me suddenly up to 2nd place but by now Harald was way out of reach in the flying Volvo.

Start 9th for cursed and doomed race2......away good again and all is fine and dandy,good action with Marky Mark A. in a frisky M3!!,eventually get the better of that exchange with the help of Cossie accelertation ;p,then a fine dice with Petey D.,just like old times really,side by side action all over the place,weve done that in almost every cars in every sim now ;D,Pete gets a pass done and finally makes it stick,i then snatch up the front brakes at the final hairpin and sort of madly "jink" to the left :o,just as i need to be going right!...lose 2 places but gain one back yet again due to the Cossie mumbo :),behind Harald and its looking good for us movig up to join the front fight,but sadly the race2 curse presents itself in the form of Harald going off and clipping those big cement blocks on the exit of T4 (T5?), he spins around and comes back on track and starts to still keep creeping across the track side on :O,i keep swerving right to avoid and end up just getting tagged on my rear left panel spitting me off track miles to the infield,im sort of lost where to go to recover back on and end up way down the order now with a strange feeling understeery Fordy,race effectively over :(.
Please race 2 curse of doom and despair go away!!! >:/. ;P

Thank You Ryan & RD

HI
always full of battles these races.

Race 1: at start give a little hit to Richard . I wait you ( I dont understand, why you stopped your car ? now I see replay. Wait Lee ) after this is started one intense battle with Lee, Richard, Can and Brian WOW guys that enjoyment, in lap 8 I try at turn "Barcroft" overtake Can, do it but much speed in turn "Sunny in" so spin my car.I have tried to reunite them but I have only see front me.

Race 2 I dont know because, but Im in 12th position:) after start ,"the full of the storm" the place were DANGEROUS GUYS fight ( ahahahahaha ),I was wondering how long I could hold that position only 3laps then someone give me a little hit so spin again and lost position.Nooo problem I found Richard and Brian again fight .....

in less words FUUUNNN

THANKS to RD, Ryan and Ivo

was clearly not my day in race1 someone spun infront of me and i had nowhere to go collected a punkture running on 5th :( after pitstop i was 20th with no change to climp up
race2 was even more worse the start was good and could climp up quite fast till i did some errors and crashed my car into not repairable pices decided to drop of the server to cool down

Have to say it again, the final 5 minutes, with that pack of drivers from 4th to 9th covered by less than 3 seconds was amazing. Me and Harald recovering from offs earlier in the race, catching Mark A, Jay and Ribiero, and all of us catching 4th place. 1 more lap/2 more laps and that would have been mayhem.

Great racing tonight though and with the largest grid i've ever raced in outside of RDLMS. Really enjoyed it. :)

Some great fun tonight.

Unfortunately I had to rush home from work to be there in time, as it was I was late. So my mind was not really focused and I never felt comfortable.

Q: Got P2, which I was pleased with.

R1: Got away OK, slotted in behind Peter - who made a mistake at Sunny In on lap two allowing me through. Now I had Harald behind and he got past me on the exit of the hairpin. He was pulling away slightly when around halfway through i binned it. Clipped the tyres at Jim Clark and careered off into the barriers - took me what seemed an age to get out and emerged 10th I think. Was pressuring Fernando a few laps later but gave him a hefty nudge sending him wide, so I waited to let him through and I was now 12th (?). Mad my way through to 8th - Jay, Wayne and Mark were holdng each other up a little and allowed me to close. Wayne made a mistake, Mark almost lost it and Jay had to check up, allowing me through and then I switched back on Mark on the exit of the hairpin to come home a good fifth considering the damage I had.

R2: Started 5th - had a slightly poor getaway, but went around the outside of Mark and a little rub as I tried to cut inside Nic allowed me into 3rd (?). Chased down Markus and passed him and then chased down Kris and pased him about halfway through the race. From here I took it a little easy but perhaps I should have pushed harder as Peter had got past Kris and closed right in on me with three laps to spare. Then on the penultimate lap, Peter dived down the inside of the hairpin, went on the grass inevitably as he carried too much speed in and then got sideways across me, which resulted in a little contact with me facing the wrong way somehow. Peter was a gentleman and let me back through but it was the last lap and Kris had got past us and I finished 2nd.

Good night's racing and many thanks to Kris for letting us try out his baby. :)

Again, a superb race night. Even if (again) I didn't practice.
First race, I was clearly pushed into the grass when I was in 8th, lost several places.
Second race I had the luck of battling with many fair and clean drivers, swaping positions from 5th to 9th and then 6th and 8th and 5th, stunning!
I'm sorry, I can't remember the names of all, so you guys that were fighting between 4th and 9th, know who you are. Thank you all for the clean
and lovely race.

Thank you Ryan and RD.

Cheers

Tested out manual upshifts in practice and qualifying to help me gain some time which I did, but I never felt totally comfortable with it so went back to auto for the race. Qualified in 15th.

Race 1, I made a great start and left a massive gap behind me which allowed me to take turn 1 extra carefully. Kept going around trying to keep a very poor handling car on the track and received a nudge from Brian at one corner but he waited so its all fine. Ended up going backwards during the race and finished in about 17th place.

Race 2, I made another great start but the car infront failed to get away so I ended up hitting the back (sorry). By the time I got to turn 1 I was last and then saw several cars off the track at the exit of the chicane. Got down to the turn 7 hairpin and the car in front braked very late and lost control. I couldn't avoid him and lost a few more places. In the end I had a good long battle with Lee, knowing that once he got past me I had no chance of catching him but he got past and then made a mistake with 4 corners of the lap to go. He cut in front and tagged my front end, I was trying to keep the car straight but in braking for the next corner I got sideways and tagged him and I spun. No real chance of doing anything else so I just got to the end ahead of the couple of guys behind me.

Now that I will have done my work and have more chance to practice, I will be quicker next week.

I would like to thank Ryan, RD, and Kris for the track.

It was a great night of racing, thanks everyone for the good battles.

I got pole position which I was very happy with. In the first race I had a good start but lost 2 places because of a mistake.
For a few laps I had a good battle with Harald and Ryan, but I braked too late, had to avoid hitting Ryan, and I lost control of the car and spun. After this I was in 9th place, but in the end I finished 3rd.

In the 2nd race I had a bad start, and lost a couple of places, and had lots of fun battling with all the drivers that were in front of me.
I managed to get behind Ryan in 1st with 2 laps to go. In the final corner before the last lap, I got on the inside, but I went too wide on accelerating, and Ryan came on the grass and spun. I did not know if it was my fault, so I decided to wait for him, which costed me also a place to Kris, and I finished again 3rd.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%