rF2 Touring Masters @ Circuit Thermalito - Wednesday March 16th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hi guys, apologies for being way off to pace, some more practice needed there (was about 10 seconds a lap off the race pace of the guys running at the back so well off :(). Damaged the splitter on the first lap which didn't help.

Biggest apology goes to Mr Alegic, I was staying off the line for lead lap traffic and clipped your rear (too much mirror watching), promptly sent myself to the pits and retired to avoid anything else.

Anyway good experience, just obviously need a ton of practice in these cars and tracks like that to try to get upto speed, I'll be back when I don't suck so much :p

Very sorry I put you on your roof in T1 Ryan, I was hard on the brakes but they just didn't pull me up quick enough, I hope I didn't cause too much damage

Had to pull up 5 mins from the end as having my laptop set up on the kitchen table is not the most comfortable arrangement, and my back was starting to hurt.

Knocked 7 seconds off my lap times over the course of the meet, which I'm quite pleased with.

quite enjoyed it again and I am starting to get faster on RD, so i'll be back.

huh, what a race..

at start i went wide as Toby and Chris went wide too.. was laughing at that point :D, then things got little tight and lennon, eggbeer and jesper and me was side by side to t2 or 3?.. we managed to get out of there but in somepoint i slightly hit Adam in the back and he went spinning.. Sorry Adam! was really looking for good fight there.. after that Jesper was in front of me and Gary going away from us.

could not keep Jesper back and dropped to third where i stayd looking for guys in front to battle and keeping eye for how things going with Chris and Tim..

Tim keeps suprising me with that M3.. at Pukekohe and here he was really fast with it. Nice work mate.

Thanks to RD, Adam and all the racers out there!

Cheers for the race guys... First online race in Rfactor and with RD.. really enjoyed it...
Gave a whack to someone caught up in the turn 1 incident, sorry I was going slow and too busy watching the spinning upside down car to avoid it didn't see you until *bang*.hope it didn't do much damage.. I Took some suspension damage but it wasn't bad... had a good tussle with jeff i think (it was a white sierra) lasted for a bit of the lap b4 i lost the rear and went off track into the wall...damaged the other side of the suspension so it evened out but lost a lot of steering input.... Did the best i could and finished 11th..over a minute off the lead but I'm well happy with that being a rookie......
Cheers all
I'll be back for more no doubt

Props to Toby for the help you gave me earlier in the day... Appreciate it muchly

Were most people on hard tyres and no pit?
I went out on mediums for a one stopper but Stuffed it into the wall where it drops down to the first tunnel and lost about 6 places from 12th, so never got to see if my strategy might help.

I was way off the pace anyway, couldnt get close to my own PB of 1.17
Oh well, I finished, thats the main thing :)

How fast are them Cosworths ??!!

Well, I rocked up with about 40mins until qual without seeing this track before and had a bit of a shock at how slippery it was out there. Anyway, managed to get the car to grip enough to get around without wheels or body panels flying off and managed 13th on the grid.

Set off and avoided the carnage at T1 giving Butcher n Davis a wave as I drove past them in the gravel (I'm nice like that you see). Found myself in 6th at the end of lap 1 challenging the Fords of Jesper and Tommi with Eggbeer just in front. Eggbeer lost it at the top of the hill and then I kinda just stayed where I was, had a couple of spins which dropped me waaaaay off the pace of the guys in front. The M3 is no match for the Fords in a straight line so I didnt stand a chance.

Had a great door bashing battle with Butcher and Davis later on (I guess they were gettin their own back for my sarcastic wave at the start) which resulted in Davis binning it on the exit of the final turn and Butcher beating me by about 2secs. 5th position, didnt expect anything like that.

It was a highly enjoyable race, even though it was quite clearly a Sierra track ;)

Congrats to Jesper for the win, Gary for somehow taking 2nd in the Alfa and Tommi for getting home in 3rd.

Well this track caused my laptop to overheat a bit. Had to run on one thread and the window wide open to stop the jumping.

Quali: Got a good lap in but could of been better. P8.

Race: Made a good start and watched as Chris decided to use the East layout and Toby and a few others got caught up with him. Found myself in 4th, before going down the inside of Tommi at turn 3. Held third for about a lap before getting bumped off at turn 5 and dropped back to 10th. Chris overtook me quickly and then one of the cars ahead span off so I was still in 10th. Got stuck behind Haris for a few laps trying to find a way past that Nissan, but once I got past at the exit of the first tunnel, I was clear. Caught up to Magnus in the other Nissan and made a small mistake following which dropped me back. Caught up to Wayne and then trying to avoid his car in the second tunnel, I made a mistake and hit the wall. Luckily the pits was only up the road so I could change the puncture but I lost 50+ seconds in the pits. Had mediums for the rest of the race and could only gain one place because of a retirement, although I was closing in on the cars ahead. Finished 13th.

Thanks to those who raced :)

Yesterday's race was my first at RD. Couldn't find the right setup for my BMW but I had good hope for the race. At the start there was some chaos that remained untill after the third corner. Smashed into the wall because I got hit in the traffic. No one too blame I think not sure doesn't mather to me. After a couple of laps I ruined my own race by hitting a tire wall on the inside of a corner. Someone even hit my tire that came of in the crash funny to see that happening. Instant race ender engine dead and wheel came of. I will participate in more races at RD enjoyed my couple of laps and the practice and quali.

well happy with my start, went from 4th to 2nd and was running med on the front and hards on the rear

and paid for it as front tyres started to go off on lap 10 or so, some other drivers were still quite a ways behind so i decided not to pit

but let the other drivers that quite close overtake,sorry adam if u had to avoid me but my racing lines wernt what they were at the start of

the race.

happy with 8th for first time out in WTC

THANKS RD ANOTHER GREAT RACE

I think it was a Minis Friday event literally years ago that gave me a feeling of deja vu at certain parts of the track,but it was more or less a fresh learn for me,ended up gradually getting it sorted out nicely in me Alfa.
Ok start from 5th and then everyone and their uncle went madly wide at T1,i came out the other side of T1 in the lead 0.o,the black Sierra of Wayne was threatning very early on but the Alfa started coming on good letting me slowly start to get a gap going,then i really tried to push and keep it tidy in a bid to break for glory,it was going fine until Jesper worked his way back in to the race and got to 2nd spot,the name J. Taulborg isnt one you really want to see behind you chasing in a sim race really,he duly applied some of his trademark pressure after reeling me in and got the pass done,i could hang on fine for a while but there was a point when Jesper threatned to drop me,the very late stages of the race started playing back in my favour as the yellow Sierra started to struggle more and more in the "twisties",i had one big push for glory on the last lap which almost ended up in tears against the fence going in the second tunnel,no glory,but a hell of a lot of fun along the way trying ;).
Grats Jesper,extremely enjoyable race for me.

Thank you Adz/Ryo/Ivo & RD

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing