rF2 Touring Masters @ Bathurst - Mon 12th April 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i had fun until PC crashed.
:frown:

see you on next race

which was the second race. Managed to reboot PC and then log into server again.:D
Was staying away off problems on first lap and had a littel help before the uphill, but ok.
happy for 7 place at the end

Race one in the Sierra was the lols,i think off at the chase every lap bar 1?...big off at the end bending the car to near undrivable.

Put in a plea to change car and got the Toyota,another total bog down start that requires a clutch dip so a bit swamped but all fine through the first few turns,then got nurfed up the arse putting me in to total oblivion and bending the car beyond the undrivable mark.....no apology and no one around waiting :D....standard stuff for me really :).

Thanks Ryo & RD

Set a pb in quali which really pleased me as it meant I wasn't on back row.

Race 1 started in 12th and got bogged down, managed to make my way up to 11th by the esses where Lee span it in front of me, I managed to avoid his car and move up to 10th. Hit a wall in the esses and ripped the side of the car off but was able to keep going and got 10th.

Race, I started from pole and got bogged down again. Someone gave me a nudge from behind which propelled me forward nicely (thanks for that :)). Was holding second up until turn 10 where a late manouevre by Ati meant I had to take avoiding action else end up in the gravel, luckily he ran wide and allowed me back through however I had no idea where he was going over the crest and had to take to the grass at the esses. Headed down the back straight where I got hit in the side by Ati which nearly took me off. Luckily I was faster in a straight line and was able to get in front of him before the quick right before the chase, however another late move meant I had to take further avoiding action else have a large accident and get stuck in the middle of a gravel trap. Because f the avoiding action I lost the rear and slammed into the wall before getting stuck on the edge of the gravel. Got going again eventually but was way down. Passed a few people who spun but caught Toby at the Esses who lost control and T-boned me, where I lost a couple of positions in my 3-car battle. Ac couple of laps later ran wide at the esses and nearly flipped the car. Recovered it and rolled home in 9th I think it was.

Also what was the deal with people flashing their headlights during the race? I don't know who they were but it was distracting.

Anyway thanks for oraganising Ryan and RD.

Quali in itself was an event, as it always is at Bathurst.

Toni and I had a mammoth battle - I just pipped him with my last gasp lap.

R1: Got a decent start and drafted Toni up Mountain Straight, he outbrakes himself and I sneak through into the lead. From here Toni and I had a mammoth duel - the gap ebbing and flowing. I was having to drive the Sierra ridiculously hard, he finally sneaked by on Lap 7. I almost carrered into him at the Chase the same lap, as I couldn;t see for his smoke LOL, just missed him. Then a half spin at the final turn put paid to my challenge. Anders closed, but I eased away again to finish 4 seconds behind Toni in 2nd.

R2: Starting in 10th. Got a good jump but stuck against a wall, there was just no room at all! I came to the middle and was between Anders and Jari. Jari got a slight nudge from Vale, Jari nudged me and I nudged Anders, resulting in poor Anders spinning. At T2, Toby rudely pushed his way past :p, so I returned the favour the next corner, with a little nudge. Then, I owe massive apologies to those affected by the chaos at the Esses. Up ahead there was almost a three wide, which I couldn't see, the cars in front of me slowed, and I was a fair way back, so i carried my normal speed in. Mistake, I nudged Nic who nudged Gary and Gary span in front of everyone, they both retired, so sorry guys. I didn't wait as I wasn't really sure what went on till I watched the replay. Big slap on the wrists from me.

Didn;t drive grat the following laps thinking over what happened. Had a nice little fight with Graham in the Mustang, got past once and then let him through after a mistake, and got past him again. That thing is so quick on the straights lol. From here I closed in on Kjell and Ati. Passed Khell up the inside at McPhillamy, great move :). The final lap I closed right up on Ati (the Volvo's acceleration is unbelievable). I over took on the outside at the esses :D. However, he dived past at the Chase, was slow on exit, meaning we went into the final turn side by side. I broke early thinking he would overcook the inside line. But he was too wise for that :p. He broke early too, held the inside and I half spun, allowing that damn guy Toni through for second, I finished 3rd.

Very, very intense racing tonight - we have an exclusive first drive of Kris Vicker's scratch-built Croft next week :D

Hi
Well finished race not my favorite but fun.
Last place in Quali :)
Race1 think after 2 or 3 laps in battle with Erling and Toby at T1 Toby hit me and I spin but Toby very Gentleman wait me and not overtake,in any case NP mate.
Race2 good start for me but many people in T1 I could not hear my engine :D and after 1 lap in the straigth of the start I hit someone in full,dont remember who,was stopped in track,sry but I see you too late. hard front damage for me go in pit and I got back on track.Last lap sorry Lee I tried to leave space, Im in blue flag but you came as a thunderbolt,more space so I could not.

at the next time guys :cool:

THANKS Ryan & RD

Hi
Well finished race not my favorite but fun.
Last place in Quali :)
Race1 think after 2 or 3 laps in battle with Erling and Toby at T1 Toby hit me and I spin but Toby very Gentleman wait me and not overtake,in any case NP mate.
Race2 good start for me but many people in T1 I could not hear my engine :D and after 1 lap in the straigth of the start I hit someone in full,dont remember who,was stopped in track,sry but I see you too late. hard front damage for me go in pit and I got back on track.Last lap sorry Lee I tried to leave space, Im in blue flag but you came as a thunderbolt,more space so I could not.

at the next time guys :cool:

THANKS Ryan & RD

Yeh I'm sorry about that mate, I braked and the car shot right, I guess I had too much rear bias or grabbed a downshift or something. In any case it was 100% my fault so I waited.

I did write a long essay here twice and it didnt let me post cba to write it again so ill just say Thanks to RD, and to Ryan for the organization.

And dont worry to Valerino I shouldnt of tried that move there.

An interesting evening :)

The Mustang was faster for me than the Rover I was going to run. Unfortunately the assess was only done on three laps.

Come race day and the awful truth dawned. Someone forgot to fit the steering wheel to the front wheels :eek:

Still I had some fun and as Ryan says provided some entertainment in the second race.

See you at the next one in something different....but never a 'Jelly Mould' :tongue:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%