Touring Classics and DTM 1992 regular race

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was wondering if say every other week the RRE raceclub could do a race with the Touring Classics and DTM 1992 cars?

I love these cars and they are great fun. Anyone else in the club agree?

All the other popular race clubs do GT class racing all the time, it's boring. Lets make the RRE club a bit different. More Group 5, more DTM 92 and touring classics as well as WTCC of course. :sneaky:;)

All the other popular race clubs do GT class racing all the time, it's boring. Lets make the RRE club a bit different. More Group 5, more DTM 92 and touring classics as well as WTCC of course. :sneaky:;)
I hear you Andy, and I'm not a huge fan of GT3 but a great many of our members are. Looking back over the last six months surely you can't argue that we have had a varied selection of events and that we try to run the maximum amount of content.
That's the problem, R3E has so much great content.:)

I hear you Andy, and I'm not a huge fan of GT3 but a great many of our members are. Looking back over the last six months surely you can't argue that we have had a varied selection of events and that we try to run the maximum amount of content.
That's the problem, R3E has so much great content.:)
I understand you Kenny and I sympathise with your predicament. ;) I am fed up of GT cars so I prefer the older cars and I will make my own mind up as to what RRE club races I do. If you do ones I don't like I'll give it a miss. I like my offline AI racing nearly as much as online anyway so I'll just get my fix from that.:thumbsup:
One day it would be nice to have a club night just for the older cars though. But hey ho, we take what we can.:)
Thanks for all your hard work.

Why can't we have another race night? Automobilista is running 7 nights a week where as RRE is only 4. If we had extra nights, we could have the other classes.
Unlike AMS our server can't be set up in advance so one of us needs to be on hand to start things off. The nights we run presently are the ones that proved most popular and normally give us reasonable sized grids. We have run occasional Saturday and Sunday lunchtime events and will continue to do so.
Also as summer approaches there is a natural fall off in attendance and personally I'd prefer to have busy grids on fewer nights than go back to cancelling races. That is my personal view @Lars Hansen may feel differently. Of course having said all that if enough members want more nights then obviously I would try to accommodate them.

Also as summer approaches there is a natural fall off in attendance and personally I'd prefer to have busy grids on fewer nights than go back to cancelling races. That is my personal view @Lars Hansen may feel differently. Of course having said all that if enough members want more nights then obviously I would try to accommodate them.
I may, but I don't. ;)
Like Kenny, I'd much prefer 3-4 full-grid races instead of 7 with a handful of participants.

There are two things I'd like to add.
First, everybody has their favourite class of cars. Shawn has his GT3s, Tobi his open-wheelers, Lorenzo likes the Gr. 5s, I like the low-power stuff, etc. etc.
And while we do try to vary the field as much as we can, we suffer from the admittedly luxurious problem of having too much great content, and too few days in the week.
Even if we ran races every day of the week, we'd still not have enough days for each class to get their own day.
Add to this the fact that the RD caters to people of highly variable skill-levels, so even if the high-power stuff is popular we still occasionally need something that is a little more forgiving to new drivers.

Second, when comparing us to e.g. AMS, there are some technical issues.
As Kenny mentioned, we don't have the option to set up servers in advance, meaning one of us will have to be available for each race, no matter if we participate or not.
And while I don't mind doing so, every once in a while I do have other plans. ;)
Not to mention that unlike AMS, not everyone has the same content.
R3E is by its very nature un-moddable, and people tend to buy the stuff that interest them.
It would, for example, take something very special for me to invest money in either the GTOs or the upcoming FR1s.
It's not that I think the content is bad, it just doesn't tickle me in particular.
Or in other words, the more exotic the content, the less likely we are to have big grids.

Having said all that though, if people want the DTM92/Classic TC combo, I'm sure we can figure out a way to up the frequency of them.
But I also think that it'll mean something else will have to go. I really don't think we have the numbers to add yet another day to the calendar.
Off the top of my oddly-shaped head, one quick way to do it would be to run them every other Thursday instead of the WTCCs.
But that's just a thought.

I agree with Lars and Kenny. There are enough RRE club races now. Hence my suggestion of Classics/DTM 92's every other week. :) But this is just my opinion. Either way it's their club and they will do what the majority want. Hence why I don't mind getting my Classics/DTM 92 fix offline.
I would not like to see the Thursday WTCC slot going though. They are one of the other reasons I race in the RRE club because they are not really covered by the other race clubs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%