1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Touring Cars @ Brasilia - Wed 29th April 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

7izGdb3.jpg
    Race 1 - Brasilia (Outer Circuit)
    Practice:
    18:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 18:10 GMT - 10 minutes, Superpole (1 out lap, 1 hot lap, 1 in lap)
    Warm up: 18:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 1: 18:25 GMT (20 mins)

Race 2 - Brasilia (Full Circuit)
    Practice:
    18:50 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:00 GMT - 10 minutes, Superpole (1 out lap, 1 hot lap, 1 in lap)
    Warm up: 19:10 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 2 : 19:15 GMT (20 mins)

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Note: If an admin is not present during this event, you can start a vote to progress to the next session. Stick to the published schedule! Do not restart a race! Take these instructions seriously; failure to follow them will result in racing suspensions.

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs, see here. You can upgrade your account here. Places in the race will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
    1. Andrew James [maybe]
    2. Jarek Kostowski
    3. David Slute
    4. Andy Jackson
    5. Martin Vindis
    6. Dave Wild
    7. Sven-Arne Andersson
    8. Warren Schembri
    9. Gundars
    10. John Grant
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver
    30. Driver

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  2. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Sign me up please

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

sign me in.:cool:

5. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

Sign me up please

6. Dave Wild

Dave Wild
    Premium Member

Sign me up please

7. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

8. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Sign me up please! :)
    Will try to be there for both races

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Server is up

10. Sorry, i can't race today :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sing me up please :)

12. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

13. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

@ Nox - Room for one more? I'm in!

14. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

its a bit confusing setting up the race wit 2 pit stops and not make them compulsory --- was not sure what is expected ???

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Second race? Oh yeah!

16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Uhm, how can it be "set up" with 2 stops, when it is not compulsory?

17. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You spoiled this race for me John. Though you didn't mean too. I should have re-read the race rules.
    But you told me at the last minute via TS and I just assumed there were mandatory pitstops after that and only you and me on Teamspeak. You then informed that it was a mandatory 2 pitstop race. I fell for it. :barefoot::roflmao::geek::whistling:

Race 1
    I qualified in Pole position :confused: I thought I had not read the race description properly and took Johns advice that I needed to pit. I stopped got lapped and everyone else carried on without pitstops.
    These things happen. Me and John were the only ones on TS so no one else could correct Johns mis-information. Nevermind. I had my moment of glory on pole for the first time.

Race 2 was good fun too. Some close racing guys. Well done Martin on the superb win.:)
    One of these days I'll be up from the mid pack. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

@John Grant are you new to rFactor based titles? I think you might have mistaken the "pit strategy" in your setup screen as some kind of race info or something.
    2 stops in your setup screen means you are getting your pit crew ready for 2 stops, you can set the amount of fuel you want to take at each stop this way.

If there's going to be a pitstop in an event, it's always mentioned in the race posts but highly unlikely to have 2 stops mandatory in a 20 minute race.

Apart from the pit confusion in R1 it was a nice event, i needed a bit to get warm with the track (including the easy outer circuit, surprisingly) but had some fun battles with Sven, especially in R2.
    Grats @Martin Vindis , R1 was technically yours too since i didn't pit.

Thanks for the fun, see you next time...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

After this experience I think that mandatory TS presence isn't a bad idea. Anyway, I had fun and I guess that's all that matters. Thanks everyone.

Race 1

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

No need for mandatory TS, only another example of why I am always telling people to review the race info threads :roflmao:

Glad you had fun nonetheless!

• Agree Agree x 1