rF2 Touring Car Legends @ Surfer's Paradise - Mon March 1st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm driving worse everytime I race.:frown:

I think I may take a break until my next league race. Build my confidence back up offline testing rather than getting blown away every race.

Cheers Ryan. Hope you all had fun.

well i did one better than u Gary i got the first race ok but crashed early on in race 2 but at least i got one good race granted i got a lucky 2nd behind Martin but it was great fun chasing Ivo & Ryan while keeping Warren at bay for most of the race.

Great cars!
Real Touring cars.

Race 1 started 3th. Got good off the line and was between the two power cars. But not managed to get through because of the power.
Settled on place 3 with Neil and Warren close behind me and Martin pulling away from me. Some great laps till lap 6 or 7 and we came across Ryan with a banged up car. But couldn't pass him. Then we came in the last lap and Ryan lost control over the car banged the wall and got control again, made a move on the exit of the chicane but he banged off the wall against me sending me to the other side. So finished 5th. Still deserved 3th place. :cool:

Race 2 was a little bit quit. Managed to get myself to 3th place.

Some great racing with these car. And i am loving the Merc. Great in the corners and out of the corners and some nice contrable oversteer, very fun. :smile:

Warren Dawes

Premium
I'll report later, need to see the replay, but I want to apologise to Neil. I think I caused your puncture in race 2, not totally sure what happened but I had followed you all of race 1 and you had always pulled away at that part, but this time you seemed to slow a lot and by the time I realised and tried to swerve it was too late. Maybe some lag there, dunno.
I'm really sorry Neil, we had such a good race together in Race 1 too, I was looking forward to the same for race 2.

I'll report later, need to see the replay, but I want to apologise to Neil. I think I caused your puncture in race 2, not totally sure what happened but I had followed you all of race 1 and you had always pulled away at that part, but this time you seemed to slow a lot and by the time I realised and tried to swerve it was too late. Maybe some lag there, dunno.
I'm really sorry Neil, we had such a good race together in Race 1 too, I was looking forward to the same for race 2.

No worries Warren it happens, but yes i was very slow through the chicane on that lap as i clipped either the wall or tyres (i forget which) i do know that i was still reeling at the speed Martin went past me on the straight, it really showed up how slow my M3 was on the straight :frown:

Warren Dawes

Premium
Yes Neil, I've watched the replay now and see it all. You had a whack on the tyres exiting the chicane, which ruined your drive out along the straight. Unfortunately I had distracted myself momentarily fiddling with my info screen (expecting you to be safely ahead) and when I looked up I was almost on top of you, tried to swerve but too late. Very careless of me, really sorry mate. I waited for you, but when you went down the escape road a bit later, I thought you had just missed your braking, so I passed again and continued on, but then later thought you must have had a puncture, so I felt bad about it.
BTW, Martin flew past me down that straight too, and I was driving the same car :eek: I now see he was using a different gearing to me which may have contributed slightly, but he was mighty quick.

Anyway, my Race Report:

Still trying to learn about rFactor, so chose the Nissan for something new, and it felt pretty good. Don't tell Glenn Morris, I stole the Skyline out of his garage while he was asleep. :biggrin:

Race 1 was very enjoyable. I spent the whole race behind Neil's BMW, while he closely tailed Ivo's Merc. Very close all race, and then we all caught Ryan who obviously had banged up his Mustang. A terrific four car train for many laps until Ivo and Ryan made love to each other (and the walls), gifting me a podium spot.

Race 2:
Start 1, I had a beauty, weaving past the mess up front to jump to P2. Then restart.
Start 2, I hit the "go to race" button and my car remained on the pits. ?????? Restart again for me this time. Thks Ryan.
Start 3, I had no idea what was going on, as everyone started moving off (the lights may have been broken??). I figured everyone was doing a parade lap or something, so cruised away and dropped to last, then realised we were racing. Had the incident with Neil which threw me for a bit, then had a lonely race to finish P4.

Overall, good fun, I'm enjoying this class, I just need to learn more about rFactor. :wink:
Thanks to all who joined.

Some good racing guys.

Race 1: I got 2nd on grid just .015 behind Martin in my trusty Mustang. Martin misses T1 and I go into the lead. He catches up around lap 5 and lap 8 I think, I make a mistake in the XXXX chicane, and hit the wall damn hard, bending my sterring quite considerably. Ivo caught up very quickly, but even going sideways down the straights my V8 power keeps me ahead, was very hard work though. Until the final lap, I hit the inside wall at T5 and slide through thinking I would be ok, but I've gained a puncture and Ivo comes flying through up my inside but hits me and shoots off to the side lol. I finish 4th, grats to Martin, Neil and Warren.

Race 2: We had two restarts. First was due to some trouble off the line, second was Warren stuck in pits. rFactor was having some problems, the sync was taking a very long time, in fact so long that the race had been going 20 seconds by the time we all synced up. I realised and tried to urge everyone to go which they eventually did. I tried to slow down and hold up a few cars to allow everyone to close up, teased Mikey with the V8 power down the straights, then Martin caught up and battle commenced, a good battle from around lap 5 to lap 10, he almost got past once but I held on for the win.

Thanks to all that came out to play :). Apologies for the rF problems.

Paulo Ribeiro

Animals and Racing Lover
What a mess.
It was me or the car? Or both?
Last time I raced TCL at RD was a only Sierra race. And it went fine and well.
Last night, it was to forget, both races. I picked up the Rover SDI because I thought nobody would pick it. I was right.....
Race 1, I did last 3 laps with a puncture in my front right tire and always with braking issues. :eek:
Race 2, the braking issues continues and I had to brake much earlier than everybody else, or my rear end would overtook my front end, even with the brake bias totally to the front. :rolleyes: Then, my PC frooze and after 10 seconds, return to work with millions of weird and colours combinations. :confused: By then, I quit.
Thank you Ryan and RD.
Well done to all for kipping these cars on track without braking the walls.

Cheers

Still trying to learn about rFactor, so chose the Nissan for something new, and it felt pretty good. Don't tell Glenn Morris, I stole the Skyline out of his garage while he was asleep. :biggrin:

I thought there was a little less fuel in the beast when I went to go to work this morning. Now I know why!!

Hope you enjoyed your time in Mr HR31, Mr Dawes. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%