1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring Car Challenge @ Brno - Wednesday April 13th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Michael van Scheppingen, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM S2000
    Class: Touring Car Challenge download (Race07)

Browse to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\*Username*\race 07\GameData\Teams

Delete or Winrar the other installations. Make sure you have only the SRP folder active in the Teams folder. Do not forget to back-up your mods. I winrar other mods in my Teams folder for later use. If you need them winrar the active folder, delete the active folder and unpack the mod you are going to use :) Never use more then on mod at once in your teams folder!
    Follow the install instructions in the readme.

Brno 07
    Weather: Dry

Practice start time: 1800GMT
    Qualification start time: 1830GMT
    Warm-up start time: 1855GMT
    Race start time: 1900GMT (2x12laps. Forced pit 2x tyres)

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Rich Dozier
    2. Mike Bell
    3. Barry Morse
    4. Mark Guy
    5. Erik Engman
    6. Nick Deely
    7. Morten Wernersen
    8. Reggie Blain
    9. Reggie +++
    10. John Mccartney
    11. Murat Erdogdu
    12. Nick Hughes
    13. Eric Plimmer
    14. Marco Boemi
    15. Simon Gardner
    16. Mustafa Gungor
    17. Oscar Hardwick
    18. Michael van Scheppingen
    19. Matthias Klein
    20. Aristide Romonav
    21. Dino Paolinii
    22. Dariusz Swiderksi
    23. Bob Miley
    24. Erik Tveit
    25. Rob Musgrove

1. MrC
    2. Wayne Mitten
    3. James Fellows
    4. Geoffrey Fournier
    5. Phillipe Fournier
    6. Jimi Hughes
    7. Chris Sykes
    8. Malcolm Walton
    9. Benjamin Linstruiseur
    10. Gabriel Savu

The SRP TCC Mod originated from the original ATCC mod created by Yuri Braham for GTR Evolution. In the ATCC mod cars where balanced to obtain a more equal driving experience. The SRP TCC Mod continues this philosophy in order to obtain the ultimate simulator racing experience by improvong the cars physics.
    The major differences can be found in the cars aerodynamics, suspension, engines and brakes. Car parameters like drag and Engine power are as close to the original values as possible. Due to simulation restrictions I needed to compromise on some parameters.
    Main goal was to improve the Touring cars suspension model and to create a more balanced racing experience with car specific driving characteristics.
    After the beta test I will rebalance the cars with the obtained data using weight penalties. If needed I'll change the cars parameters within a certain envelope.

Aerodynamics: All cars are set to, or set close to their original Drag Coefficient (Cd). The cars top speed is directly related with it's aerodynamics (body & wing drag) and horsepower. The total down force and wing efficiency of each individual vehicle is unique per setting.

The major difference in this mod is the implementation of a simple downforce function to simulate loss of grip . The cars will slowly loose grip in a turn or under braking if the distance of the body to the ground is less then 2 cm or 0.8 in. Downforce will drop as much as 20% if the body hits the ground disrupting the airflow underneath the car. Its is essential to to prevent this at al cost if possible, to maintain maximum grip on the road.

Part of your setup is to find the cars optimum rake. (Rear ride height - Front ride height). If the rake is set at it's optimum setting you will experience the maximum down force produced by the body resulting in higher cornering speeds. On some cars you can trade down force for speed by lowering the rear ride height away from it's optimum rake. On others increasing the rear ride hide will result in extra drag gaining only little extra down force by the body. All this at the cost of speed. If you experience this, always equal the rear to the front ride height to obtain the optimum rake. You may gain up to 0.5s and more...finding the optimum rake setting.

These cars need some wing to stabilize the rear. Trade stability for speed but always make sure the rear follows the front. The maximum wing setting is increased to eight notches. All Cars differ in wing efficiency and basic down force (Up to 15%). (Read: Down force vs Drag)

Down force distribution:
    Splitter : 30%
    Wing : 40% max @ setting 8
    Body : 10% max depending on ride height
    20% max depending on rake & ride height

Suspension: Al cars are equipped with a modified default suspension setup. This suspension setup is the backbone of this mod.
    Suspension deflection is set to a more realistic value (bump & rebound). This resulted in a better handling and more realistic setup model of the Springs, dampener and anti-roll bars.
    You will find the default suspension in a slightly under damped state. A well tuned suspension will result in a trade off between handling and grip and is a roll bar, spring and dampener compromise. The suspension keeps your tyres in contact with road and the body from the ground, handles the weight transfer of the body and is used to balance the car in cornering. Setting it up correctly will gain you some precious time.
    In this mod the suspension is connected to the body by setting the CISH (corrected inner suspension height)this is fixed calculated value in the game files. By increasing the ride height you will lengthen the suspension and change the dampening characteristics. (Towards over dampened )
    The redesigned suspension model and aerodynamics did some magic with the BMS Incognito. This was the first car I used to test my new suspension. I found the results most satisfying and the BMS a joy to drive, mission accomplished...

Engine: The engines are rebuild and set to their real life Horsepower and Torque values giving each car unique characteristics. Some engines run below and some above their rated power as stated in the car performance. Due to game engine limitations compromises had to be made. These engines produce less power and torque compared to the original simbin engines. The originals where overpowered.
    The BMW 320i E46 uses the only six cylinder engine: 275hp @ 8800rpm. The four cylinder engines maximum is 8500 rpm.
    Some engine management is needed. The radiator cooling duct* is adjustable with four settings. Set your radiator cooling duct to achieve the optimum engine oil temperature of 95C and prevent your engine from overheating.

The brake ducts* are adjustable as well and should be used to operate the brakes at their optimum operating temperature of 450C (+/- 200C). Brake effectiveness drops to half outside of the envelope and wear will increase. Due to the more realistic temperatures the brakes are more vulnerable to lock-ups. Setting the right Bias and brake pressure is the key. If you happen to have build in ABS in your leg, this might come in handy if you operate them @ 100%.

*Both radiator and brake duct settings will bleed off some down force and increase drag, but only by a small margin.

Alfa Romeo 156

The Alfa engineers have their engines running at peak efficiency and running above rated power. The low overall down force and high wing efficiency provides some extra speed on the straights compared to other cars with the same body aerodynamics and horsepower. The Alfa's will appeal to many drivers looking for good overall performance and handling.

Alfa Romeo 156
    Engine: 275hp @ 8450rpm / 260nm @ 7000rpm
    Weight: 1140kg
    Top speed: +++-
    Handling +++-
    Braking ++--

BMW 320i E46

Six cylinder 275hp and the BMW's have great aerodynamics in general. The low body drag will give this car excellent straight line speed despite it's 275hp engine. The E46 is the only RWD with a weight of 1140kg. It's top of the line brake torque should handle this with ease.

Engine: 275hp @ 8800rpm / 230nm @ 7000rpm.
    Top speed: ++++
    Handling ++--
    Braking ++++

BMW 320si E90

Very low body drag, high down force and average wing efficiency combined with good handling and good braking action, results in a fast and furious race car. The ultimate FWD menace.

Engine: 280hp @ 8300rpm / 242nm @ 7250rpm.
    Weight: 1150kg
    Top speed: ++++
    Handling ++--
    Braking ++++

Honda Accord Euro R

The Honda mechanics did a great job tuning their engine and will deliver some great performance above it's rated power. This car represents excellent handling and cornering speed. It's above average body aero will give this car a reasonable top speed. Great all round performer.

Engine: 275hp @ 8500rpm / 250nm @ 6750rpm.
    Handling ++++
    Braking ++--

Chevrolet Lacetti

The Chevrolet's engine delivers high torque at low rpm, Average body lowers the top speed. High torque at low rpm will increase the corner exit speed. On a medium size track this car is at it's best behaviour.

Engine: 280hp @ 8500rpm / 267nm @ 5800rpm.
    Handling +++-
    Braking +++-

Peugeot 407

The 407 is faster as theoretically expected. The overall design of this car guarantees high cornering and exit speeds giving it the edge on the straights.

Engine: 280hp @ 8500rpm / 250nm @ 7000rpm.
    Handling ++++
    Braking ++--

Seat Leon

The Seat engineering department did a remarkable job with the engine and it's actual performance is top notch. Due to it's average body aerodynamics coefficient it lacks top speed on long circuits like Monza. But do not underestimate the Leon on medium sized tracks. It might win a race out of nowhere.

Engine: 265hp @ 8500rpm / 250nm @ 7000rpm.
    Top speed: ++--
    Handling +++-
    Braking +++-

Seat Toledo Cupra

With a 260hp engine the Toledo Cupra is still lapping. The Seat engineering department did a great job with the engine. It's actual performance is top notch and improves the Toledo's overall performance.

Engine: 260hp @ 8500rpm / 250nm @ 7000rpm.
    Top speed: ++--
    Handling +++-
    Braking +++-

General information

Model ID : 241 - 249
    Class ID : 126
    Skin ID : 42400 t/m 42499

Skin Model ID's

Alfa Romeo 156 TCC
    Alfa Romeo 156 GTA TCC
    BMW 320i E46 TCC
    BMW 320si E90 TCC
    Chevrolet Lacetti TCC
    Honda Accord Euro R TCC
    Peugeot 407 TCC
    SEAT Toledo Cupra TCC
    SEAT Leon TCC

*If you find any bugs the please report them by pm to me or post them in this thread*

I'll update them in the first patch :)

*Known issues: Wind shield wipers not working the Honda I forgot to install the fix :) ---->I'll make sure there is no rain....
  2. Yabba Dabba Doooo!!!:D
  3. Mike Bell

Mike Bell
    One-time RDTCC Race Winner Premium Member

sign me up please
  4. sign me up please
  5. Sign me up please.
    I love this format.
  6. Sign me up.
  7. sounds interesting, so i'll give this a blast :)
  8. Sign me up, please!!!

Edit: Finally I couldnt because of a business trip :(

Next time I will join you ;)

9. Sign me up, please :)
  10. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Yes plz
  11. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

sign me up plz
  12. Sign me in please
  13. Yes please, but i didn't understand it. Where is the link?
  14. To be announced. Just wait for it. =)
  15. Sign me up please
  16. Sign me up please Michael
  17. Sign me up too please.
  18. Sign me up please Michael
  19. Can I just confirm that the race start time is 2000BST? I've always assumed when I've seen GMT that it meant whatever time it was in the UK - I think in the race last night it confused some who thought it was starting an hour earlier than it was.
  20. Race will start at 20:00 your time. :)
    UK is now GMT +1. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.