Toscana

Tracks Toscana 0.61

Login or Register an account to download this content
First: absolutely great work.
Sure, there are a few rough edges here and there, but for such an early version this is already really good.
I wish though you would've released a version 0.21 which included the linked AI, camera files etc.

We just did a couple of races in the 911 3.0 RSR and for that car (or similar ones), this track layout is just perfect.
No need for a longer straight or other adjustments. :)
However, for actual races with other cars, having those AI/camera files is crucial, because otherwise some things don't work properly.

The 5 layouts sound good, as long as the original layout remains. :)

Wow, it is going to take some time to test all of them haha not mentioning to make them. I have a little idea from looking at those layouts, but I don't want to interrupt anymore.

Looks like there is at least one layout which should work. Others still looks too tight. However, any of those from the left could be good.

A great pity this track has "died". It could have been anything (a quiet sob).
It is not... ^^
I had a huge amount of work that forced me to "pause" the track.
I'm back to it for few days. Layout C, GP and GPV are almost done. Road is done, I'm finishing moving and adding fences and physics. It will be maximum 2 weeks before next update, this time for sure (maybe even before).
Sorry to everyone for the delay.

It is not... ^^
I had a huge amount of work that forced me to "pause" the track.
I'm back to it for few days. Layout C, GP and GPV are almost done. Road is done, I'm finishing moving and adding fences and physics. It will be maximum 2 weeks before next update, this time for sure (maybe even before).
Sorry to everyone for the delay.

Great news!!! My comment was worthwhile after all :)

I'm a bit late, I was really sick this week and the procedure to multi layout track need some important adaptation to the workflow.
Here are some screenshot of the editor to wait... ^^
735900toscanav01.jpg

944862toscanav02.jpg

697627toscanav03.jpg

Hard to tell but it looks like some noticeable repeat on the road diffuse texture. The UV May have to be stretch out some and maybe some tweaks to the texture.

Otherwise looks great and glad you are still working on it!

Hard to tell but it looks like some noticeable repeat on the road diffuse texture. The UV May have to be stretch out some and maybe some tweaks to the texture.

Otherwise looks great and glad you are still working on it!
Hi,
Thanks for the encouragement!
Yes there is tiling on the road (but no stretch out, or very little, I always use the checkboard to adjust the UV in max). All the decals are still missing (skidsmarks, stains etc...) so it reinforce the tiling effect especially viewed from above.
Anyway I keep all the work on road texture to be part of late update like 0.7 or 0.8 . Right now, the road is kinda "place holder". I just want to have the 3 layouts C, GP and GPV to work well ingame with their respective file system and make the update to 0.3 ^^.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for the encouragement!
Yes there is tiling on the road (but no stretch out, or very little, I always use the checkboard to adjust the UV in max). All the decals are still missing (skidsmarks, stains etc...) so it reinforce the tiling effect especially viewed from above.
Anyway I keep all the work on road texture to be part of late update like 0.7 or 0.8 . Right now, the road is kinda "place holder". I just want to have the 3 layouts C, GP and GPV to work well ingame with their respective file system and made the update to 0.3 ^^.
Ah I forgot you were tweaking the layout. It makes sense that they are placeholders. Again keep up the good work!

A preview of the short layout Toscana Centrale.
I plan to release the 0.3 version around Monday or Tuesday.
So far the file system for the multi layout support is done, with the Centrale, GP and GPV working great.
Most of the work will be invisible, but I assure you there was some heavy modification in the way things are built in max and I did a lot of minor tweak in and there to be more efficient in the future (we all learn every day :D).

I also solved at 80% the problem I had to generate AI line. It was all my fault (I made a stupid mistake in a way the road was done between the start straight and the pit). There is still a small problem that I hope will be solved in the 0.4... :whistling:
All 3 layouts will have (very WIP) camera set and AI line this time "out of the box".
Of course I will be open to include other camera set made by the community or replace the AI line in the package if someone do a better one.

Barrier chicances. Reminds me of Enna. Very dangerous for public racing. ^^

I hope you will continue working on this great track.
I've scheduled it as event #7 in my MultiClassics 90s (Group C + DTM cars) cup series. :)

Barrier chicances. Reminds me of Enna. Very dangerous for public racing. ^^

I hope you will continue working on this great track.
I've scheduled it as event #7 in my MultiClassics 90s (Group C + DTM cars) cup series. :)
Yeah that chicane, it's kind of a bet. It will work or not... ^^
I was thinking of Toscana Centrale made for slow car and that part of the track felt kinda boring while driving around with production cars.
Maybe I should state that this chicane is only on "Centrale" layout and will not be on all the other layouts made for racing cars.
But If this chicane is really a problem it will not be that hard to change it. It is only 0.3 after all... ^^

Just to update.
I thought I solved AI line... turn out I was wrong.
Even if I clean the AI line and the side lines in the editor... All The cars still stop in the middle of the tunnel, and on the right side of the start grid, the first 3 cars go directly in the wall on their right trying to follow the line under in the tunnel.
That plus the replay camera that does not seems to know if the car are on the start grid or in the tunnel on the start line. It should be obvious to the game since camera use % progression along the track... But no.

It's driving me crazy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back