Toscana

Tracks Toscana 0.61

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry if I'm interfering too much, it is your track, but I can't resist hahaha. Let me know what do you think of my ideas, would it work, do you like it, would this trigger a lot of work ? I have tried to be optimal, and not to change too much, so it is still your layout :D Sorry :D

I'm ok with first half of the track being tight and slow, but second part feels like it should "open up". It opens up with that carousel curve, and then second turns into that nice alley are also nice flowing and technical, but then the track is tight again.

I know such tracks exists, not every track in the world is designed to race on high speeds. But this feels wrong for not having a proper highspeed section. Well maybe I'm wrong, it is just my opinion, others could disagree. Or each one would have their ideas of how it should be, maybe someone would like it to be even tightier with even less speed and more dense braking zones.

Anyway. I'd like to show what I think about second half of the layout:

2kUXVGQ.jpg

I think it would be amazing, thats my opinion.

AI :)
Assetto Corsa - fastfab - Track Mod - Toscana - AI 94% Test (T500RS)(4K DSR)(Cockpit-Cam)
Assetto Corsa - fastfab - Track Mod - Toscana - AI 94% Test (T500RS)(4K DSR)(TV-Cam)

TV-Cam und AI by Assetto Corsa Fanboy
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2P8YTKOyGSLUldXMy1DYnJzVGs/view?usp=sharing
Hat off to you sir!
Thank you very much. Awesome work man.
May I ask how did you get rid of the walls that are generated in the middle of the road where the tunnel goes under the start grid ?

Man , I was looking forward to testing this track out , but it boots me back to the home screen in AC. Any ideas? Only track that does this.
I honestly don't know. This the first time I release the track to a wide audience. So it's kind of a leap of faith right now ^^.
Can you tell me more about your hardware configuration, windows version, and other mods you might have installed?
Thanks.

Sorry if I'm interfering too much, it is your track, but I can't resist hahaha. Let me know what do you think of my ideas, would it work, do you like it, would this trigger a lot of work ? I have tried to be optimal, and not to change too much, so it is still your layout :D Sorry :D

I'm ok with first half of the track being tight and slow, but second part feels like it should "open up". It opens up with that carousel curve, and then second turns into that nice alley are also nice flowing and technical, but then the track is tight again.

I know such tracks exists, not every track in the world is designed to race on high speeds. But this feels wrong for not having a proper highspeed section. Well maybe I'm wrong, it is just my opinion, others could disagree. Or each one would have their ideas of how it should be, maybe someone would like it to be even tightier with even less speed and more dense braking zones.

Anyway. I'd like to show what I think about second half of the layout:

2kUXVGQ.jpg

I think it would be amazing, thats my opinion.
First, thanks for sharing your opinion and ideas.
That was what I kinda hoped for when releasing this version ^^.

What I personally think right now is:
- Yep the start straight line is definitely too short. The enter and exit of the pits are too close to turns and are hard to take. And its a shame that you can't reach 300 km/h with a F1 ^^.
- The turn that i like the least is "Nodo", it's the one turn that I made "by default" because I had to reach the "Pendolino". That turn while requiring a strong brake, definitely still taste vanilla to me.
- I would like to keep "Il gatto" a tight chicane, because coming out of the 2 "Centrifugo" turns, you can end up with a large variety of trajectories and in my opinion, it makes it very challenging to enter "Il gatto" with the right speed and the right trajectories. And even if it still need to be proved, I like to think that it makes it a right spot to overtake before the finish line, because it's a place where it will be easy too underestimate the braking under pressure.
- I completely agree that chaining "Tamburo", "S.Falconieri" and "Galleria" feels like it's unnecessary to have 3 tight corner in a row here. On paper right know, even if it will require a large amount of work to change it, I think that opening "Tamburo" and "Galleria" might be a good idea. First opening "Tamburo" will makes "Falconieri" even harder to take right without spinning on exit (I think it's already the hardest corner of the track), and secondly opening "Galleria" will largelly improved the speed in the tunnel and make the braking before "Centrifuga 1" more difficult to do correctly and that it will impact all the trajectories in "Centrifuga 2" and "Il gatto".
So here were my thoughts ^^. But once again I'm not omniscient and a I recon that those are very "on paper" conclusion that might not turn out how I think it could once done...

So people keep giving your ideas!

I like that you think like that about legthening staight, and opening Galeria and Tamburo. That should be a very positive changes. Maybe that last chicane ain't so bad. It is quite awesome with La Ferrari I just drove :)

The track feels a lot different with La Ferrari than with XJ13 :D

With XJ13 straights feels short because you have to brake earlier, with La Ferrari they feels short because you drive through them quickier. It is better track do drive with nimble car, which has good downforce and good brakes and can take tight turns easily.

Will be looking forward. Good luck.

Thanks mantasisg

For the record, I think that 0.3 will arrive mid-December and I will probably don't answer on the forum because tomorrow I'll fly to Iceland and the US for 2 weeks to visit my in-laws for thanksgiving. So There is very little chance that I will be near a computer until November ends.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the warm welcome, especially people who already spend some times on the track to give feedback or add AI and cameras set.

From a quality and artistry point of view, what a debut as a track maker, absolutely stunning. But I agree with the other that the track layout is not ideal. Start finish straight is too short, and everything feels a little too tightly packed even tho from a aerial perspective its very spacious, hard to explain. Especially the nodo - cipressi passage. The blender style ventilators in the tunnel don't exactly fit a FIA spec race track either (imagine a car getting airborne and crashing into those things)

The layout is better in a small slow car, but with them the track feels too high class in some ways :D

I also found your secret stash of barriers ;)
22.jpg

Yep the track definitly have some of an "Arcade" vibe. As my first track, i also packed it with the difficulties I could encouter in making other realistic tracks later. So yeah it's kinda "dense" :)

There is a lot of stuff still in the file since its a early WIP. But I already thought of some easter eggs to put in the final version... :ninja:

Yep the track definitly have some of an "Arcade" vibe. As my first track, i also packed it with the difficulties I could encouter in making other realistic tracks later. So yeah it's kinda "dense" :)

There is a lot of stuff still in the file since its a early WIP. But I already thought of some easter eggs to put in the final version... :ninja:
If you go easter eggy please keep it subtle. There was/is a track out there that has a hidden entrance to a ~10km tunnel with some giant statue at the end, and that track has, at least on my computer, quite bad performance I attribute to that easter egg (because an older version without it ran better).

Just to say that I'm back from my vacations... Currently trying to modify the shape of the track. It's a huge pain in the ass... I hope it's going to worth it ^^.
Yeah you were fairly far along to be making major layout changes. In the future if you make more fantasy stuff it might be worth while to make a basic layout and some land and have people test it. At that point it's still fairly easy to make changes.

Yeah, even if it is not fantasy track, IMO.

Glad to know you are back, I'm sure it should be worth it, I'm really looking forward for better flowing Toscana circuit.

AI :)
Assetto Corsa - fastfab - Track Mod - Toscana - AI 94% Test (T500RS)(4K DSR)(Cockpit-Cam)
Assetto Corsa - fastfab - Track Mod - Toscana - AI 94% Test (T500RS)(4K DSR)(TV-Cam)

TV-Cam und AI by Assetto Corsa Fanboy
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2P8YTKOyGSLUldXMy1DYnJzVGs/view?usp=sharing

Thank you Deswribilator for the AI path.
I tried to record another fastlane myself because yours is too cautious on bends and the AIs are too slow in my opinion.
Unfortunately I got the same problem with the invisible barriers under the tunnel and the crazy AIs behavior at the starting line.
How did you remove those invisible barriers?
Did you use any third party software/tool?

Thank you again anyway! :)

Hi guys,
I'm back for good. I had a massive unexpected amount of work for the holidays. :-/
I'm gonna answer all the question in my inbox then explain what i'm doing for the track.
Sorry for the delays, I might be doing something a little ambitious for the track... ^^

So here is the plan:

I started to modify the track but it was not optimal at all and ended with bad result.
So instead I adopted a different approche. I will modify the track by adding extension and shortcuts.
It will result in the 5 following layouts:
viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

354239Toscanalayouts.jpg

Toscana C is a small version of the track that use the slow part and the final part to be used with relatively slow or old cars.
Toscana GP is the actual version of the track.
Toscana GPV is th GP version but with a bypass of 3 turns, into one under a tunnel.
Toscana S is GP with an added fast road part that allows to enter faster in a way longer start straight.
Toscana SV is S with the bypass of the 3 turns, like GPV.

Don't hesitate to tell me how does it sounds to you.

The plan is now to have Toscana C, GP and GPV in the 0.3 update.

I want to add a special thanks to all the people whom took the time to write a review (bad or good) and to the people who already started to workon the track features (cameras, AI etc...).

I also would like to present to you the next track that I also started to work on. For my first real track I choose a small one where I already drove myself.
The french track of "Circuit du Laquais".
413930Laquais.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 272 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 182 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 134 7.5%
  • < 5 years