Toro Rosso have confirmed their drivers

Sweet! I was hoping for this.
The raison d'être of Toro Rosso is to find the next Vettel. Buemi and Algersuari are both good drivers (and I especially like Buemi for his epic comment after he lost his front wheels in China 2010), but in F1, good, isn't good enough. Red Bull is the team anyone would want to driver for right now, so they can basically pick whoever they want. Neither Algersuari nor Buemi have shown that they have the potential to compete with Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso in the future, so it only makes sense to try out something new.

Oh and by the way: This has nothing to do with money, Algersuari's dad got plenty of it.

As much as I disagree with Toro Rosso's decision, I can't help but mention what a great position Formula 1 is in talent wise at the moment.

It's brilliant that drivers are really fighting for race seats, it made the end of the season awesome to watch (If your interested in the midfield/backmarkers)

20 years ago Rene Arnoux was considered good enough for a race seat, which about says it all.

Whatever the line-ups for next season we can rest assured that the driving talent in Formula 1 is getting better and better, and that will have a knock on effect for the rest of motorsport, as the drivers that don't get an F1 seat will branch out into new sports, thus improving the standard in motorsports worldwide

We've been discussing the line-ups for 2012 for a few months on the forum now, and I'm very surprised that no-one has mentioned that these are very good problems for team principals to have.

Well, in this case wasn't a money thing so at least that is good. This team seems to be a pure academy for RBR, where they test if they can find a new Vettel, and apparently Alguersuari and Buemi weren't good enough in their eyes.

But I find it unfair for Jaime and Sebastian because they performed quite good for STR.

Torro Rosso shows balls with this decision. Must have been hard for the management as the drivers that have been pushed aside. Any news about the reactions of Jaime and Buemi?

Yes Jamie and Sebastian are young guys but they have still been in the team now for 3 years (Buemi 2).

Err Buemi 2, Jaime 1.5 I think?

The STR this year has been pretty good aswell taking the fight to Sauber a couple of times.

...because Sauber stopped working on the diffusor unlike other teams as they thought it would be banned. Lost them a helluva lot of time to Force India.

Quite harsh, that drop... Jaime could form the Spanish National Team with Pedro at HRT, but he'd be doomed...

Anyone going to replace Trulli? Both Jaime and Sebastien are better.

I feel bad for Alguersuari, he did a great job this season, not great results at start but then he started to score some points and beat his team mate, I hope he can get a seat for next season but I don't think so, 'cause in this interview he said that he won't have any seat in F1 next year.

Err Buemi 2, Jaime 1.5 I think?

Well to get down more exact it´s 2,5 years for Jamie, mid 09. And for Buemi, he signed 2009 so that´s 3 full years.

...because Sauber stopped working on the diffusor unlike other teams as they thought it would be banned. Lost them a helluva lot of time to Force India.

Yes partly that, but the car was good and they did some great races, Jamie and Buemi.

Force India will announce their drivers tomorrow (the 15th). I think Di Resta's got the seat for sure.

Ok good to know. I can´t see them letting Sutil go. He´s done a better job so i can´t see why they would release him.

Jaime may return in the coming years, he's only 22 remember and a real talent. If he could string a qualifying lap together he would be the full package IMO.

As for Buemi, agree with Chris. He's done. Now to Force India, Sutil is a better driver than Di Resta IMO, and he should stay at Force India, if not move up to Mercedes or Ferrari. He's a fantastic driver, one of the most under-rated in F1. Hulkenberg and Di Resta it looks like in 2012, kicking Sutil out. Which is a real shame.

Kick Stupil, I don't really like him. He's disappointed when he should have scored about 2-3 years ago. He was running fine in the rain, but still crashed, plus he added silly mistakes like raping Heidfeld and Kobyashi with his moves.

As for Buemi, he's still around Algy's level, although the force luck isn't with him.

Well into the ending of the 2011 season we all saw the performance of the Toro Rosso car, now with a new car for 2012 the rookie driver may challenge the middle section of the pack like GP Mercedes some were up there. It is all left to the car performance factor

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%