1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toro Rosso confirms major CEPSA sponsor deal

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Scott Webber, Sep 6, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    The Toro Rosso outfit has confirmed a major sponsorship deal with Spanish oil giant CEPSA, which will see the car adorned with the companies red and white logo.

As previously reported by The F1 Times, the deal has been in the making for some time with the investment company IPIC (International Petroleum Investment Company) using the team to promote its many businesses which include CEPSA, Falcon Private Bank and Nova Chemicals.

To Read More Click Here for the full story
  2. Nice news for a my favorite team. :)
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Will they finally get rid of that strange Torro Rosso name too? Still don't understand what this team does in F1
  4. Aparantly Torro Rosso is either being brought or renamed in 2013.... i can't remember where i saw the report, i'll look for it.
  5. Why they shouldnt be in F1?
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Two teams funded by the same sponsor is always a bit tricky. The gap between the two teams has widened thankfully in the last years but still it doesnt feel right two have two red bull teams on the grid
  7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I think this team is going outsite the orbit of RB in the future.
  8. yep in the next year most likely, i doubt it will happen in 2012 :D
  9. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

It'll be good to see the team break free of the "Red Bull's little sister" tag and be a respectable team on their own two feet.
    I hope they do well.