F1 2011 Top speed doesn't match gearing

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi All

There is something bugging me about this game, when i set up my gearing the top speeds attainable through each gear don't ever get reached in the game regardless of the engine mixture setting. I use kph and am wondering if it is a calibration issue between mph and kph but i don't really know.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Does anyone know how i can fix this, it annoys the c&&p out of me!! I know i can just make the gearing longer so it doesn't bounce off the limiter but this doesn't fix the fact that the gearbox top speeds don't match those on track!

F1A

Hi All

There is something bugging me about this game, when i set up my gearing the top speeds attainable through each gear don't ever get reached in the game regardless of the engine mixture setting. I use kph and am wondering if it is a calibration issue between mph and kph but i don't really know.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Does anyone know how i can fix this, it annoys the c&&p out of me!! I know i can just make the gearing longer so it doesn't bounce off the limiter but this doesn't fix the fact that the gearbox top speeds don't match those on track!

F1A

le me has this bug too
le me thinks everyone has this bug
le you should ignore it and just test a little more with the how much you can reach on a gear (while tweaking)

It's all about aerodynamics. These top speeds on gearbox screen do not count drag. But obviously, your wings and whole cars generate alot of drag, so you can't reach top speeds from screen. Set top speeds higher then you want it to be.
What he said. :thumbsup:
Those numbers are just hypothetical velocities that you'd be able to reach on each gear with a minimal drag setup - I guess something like what Honda used:
The downforce level you set creates drag that slows down the car and prevents you from reaching that top speed.
Seriously, learn to live with it and/or ignore it and keep in mind that you'll go a couple km/h slower when you set up your gearing.

thanks for the responses guys. I guess the thing that frustrates me most is that in top gear i can be bouncing off the rev limiter well before the end of the main straight yet i am 8 - 10 kph below my theoretical top speed as per gearing and this is with drs open too which should significantly reduce drag!!

If it was a drag issue i would have thought that you would not reach full revs to start with.

F1A

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years