Top Gear track install?

Hi all,

I've downloaded the top gear track, but am unable to add it onto race 07.
There does not seem to be any Gamedata & Uidata files. I have tried creating a locations folder in race 07 and adding it that way, with no luck.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanx

Hi - I think you may be looking in the wrong place?

The Gamedata and UIdata files (for a Steam Install) are located in - Program Files - Steam - steamapps - YOURusername - race07

If you have never installed any tracks before then you may have to create the 'Gamedata' folder yourself in this you need the locations folder, and in locations you add the DAF topgear track.

I beleive the UIdata file should already be there.

When installing any mods, cars or tracks - go slowly - remembering what you added and where - some can cause the game to stop working and crash to desktop - this can be a bad mod but is more often that you have put a file in the wrong place, if you know EXACTLY where you put the files you will be able to remove them and get everything working again. It also makes sense to install one track, car or mod at a time and test inbetween, nothing worse than installing loads - causing the game to not start and tehn having to do a full remove and reinstall of Steam and the Games to get it back again...

Hope I have been of some help, and that you get the Top Gear Track working - set it to say 15 laps with AI not too high once you get used to it you will find that after around six laps the race turns into a figure 8 race and avoiding the other cars at the crossover starts to make things a bit more 'interesting', lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back