Top Gear Hosts Announced

Chris

Premium
_88212359_topgear.jpg
The new lineup for BBC's record breaking motoring program has been announced.

When the future of Top Gear was in strife after the sacking of Jeremy Clarkson and the resignations of Richard Hammond and James 'Cpt. Slow' May, much of the show's fan base were left wondering how they were going to fill the void of the three larger-than-life characters. Well, the answer to that is by doubling the number of presenters on the show.

In the image above from left to right we have, Rory Reid, Sabine Schmitz, Matt LeBlanc, Chris Evans, Chris Harris, Eddie Jordan and of course trusty ol' Stig. All of them are very well known in the public eye with the exception of Rory Reid, who by comparison is a relative nobody having previously presented the Car Tech channel for CNET, however his status is sure to change after this.

Further details of the show's format, presentation styles etc. etc. are still completely unknown, and probably still in the very early stages of planning, but be sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for future developments on the new Top Gear!

Over to you!
Who is your favourite of the new hosts?

Chris Harris for me.

I love me some EJ, but Harris is the logical choice for the BBC. he's made some truly epic car films and is great at talking and driving. He's also quite a good mastery of the English language.

Meh, too many cooks... anyone else feel that way? I mean I got nothing but mad respect for Mr.Harris and EJ but I'm really struggling to get hyped for this. :unsure:

Meh, too many cooks... anyone else feel that way? I mean I got nothing but mad respect for Mr.Harris and EJ but I'm really struggling to get hyped for this. :unsure:

Exactly, that sums it up well.

I loved Le Blanc as Joey in Friends - but that was as a comedy actor, don't think he'll be the same as a presenter.

The rest is just meh in my personal opinion.

Most important question is of course, who is the new stig?
I give the new show a chance. Why not, in my country the rest on TV is more b***s*** :)
The Amazon show will not be available in NL, so that is for the download section. So a new Top Gear v2 is good enough for me.

Love Chris Harris and his YT videos, he can drive and is great about getting over the excitment of driving the latest hypercar. But the others, meh. What's Eddie Jordan going to do, ask his chauffeur what a car is like :(

It's a hodge-podge and theres too many of them. It's going to turn out like one of those many many shows that tried to copy Top Gear but nowhere near as good.

WTF is the Friends guy doing there? Its like they just picked some semi-famous people who know about about cars. Out of the people there I think Sabine and the Chris's are the only interesting ones. Never heard of Rory Reid. EJ is fine as an F1 pundit, but would be cringeworthy on a show like this I think.

It could be too many cooks,but the old gang had gone stale for me.It became too contrived and Hammond was always sniffing around Clarkson's backside and trying to impress him.I will miss captain slow though.

Hmm maybe less xenophobic, maybe less mysogynistic.

Will it lose audience numbers? Maybe.

Will the BBC be all that bothered about losing that kind of audience to a subscription channel? Maybe not.

After all, it's about quality, not quantity.

I loved Le Blanc as Joey in Friends - but that was as a comedy actor, don't think he'll be the same as a presenter.
I wouldn't underestimate him. In everything I've seen him in as just Matt Le Blanc I've been surprised at how much I liked the guy. He seems to be a lot more interesting as a person, and to carry plenty of personality, compared to his famous role.

They should have renamed the show ...
For me Top Gear is Hammond, May and Clarkson and that's it
Well considering how its pretty much the BBC's most recognized brand and the only way such a show type is ever going to get on anyone's schedule with this new format and since the show was around long before it was the Clarkson insensitivity and supercars hour it kinda makes sense.

Call me an idiot but personally I can't really be arsed who presents it. I watch(ed) Top Gear for the cars and the segment with The Stig (who is the real hero of the show for me :D).

Looking forward to a new series and the occasional "How you doin?!" from Matt.

Geez talk about overkill. I must be the only one here who doesn't know this Chris Harris is. Was thinking about giving it a try after they announced LeBlanc but may change my mind with EJ being involved. He had some decent stuff to say on the F1 coverage but was irritating more often than not imo. I guess he'll be there for the comedy factor.

It could be too many cooks,but the old gang had gone stale for me.It became too contrived and Hammond was always sniffing around Clarkson's backside and trying to impress him.I will miss captain slow though.

I kinda get this too: Although I did love Clarkson (and loved to hate him on occasion too!) and I absolutely adored May, Hammond is a bit... Well, Stewart Lee did a really good piece on him.

Geez talk about overkill. I must be the only one here who doesn't know this Chris Harris is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%