Top 10 of Best Racing Games for the Xbox 360

To be fair, he doesn't need to be PC or console savvy to identify whether the Sims are accurate to his own racing experience.
Ultimately Marcin, I have never heard any racing driver say they have used Forza for gaining track knowledge like they have R Factor or other pc sims. And when you can get a LMS car to lap Silverstone in the same time as an F1 car, you know something ain't right.

By the way Sim Bin owner is a professional racing driver.

PC gaming I'm mostly confuse with guys wearing glasses, sitting half meter from 17 inch monitor and steering wheel glued to the desk :p. I hate wires, cosmic coolers and high temperature comming from ovrheating PC - let's focus on XBOX360.
Your knowledge about FM4 is very limited I'm affraid Chris. LMP1 cars in FM4 best time is around 1.28 on old GP layout so about 6 seconds slower than F1 machines.
I wish we could do some racing togheter FM4, unfortunately U stick to PC.

301gi36.jpg

Suzuka GP - Porsche 911 A600 Class Verva Racing Team Polska

It seems like a few people in this thread were actually quite upset to find that when they received their copy of Forza Motorsport 4, opened the case containing Forza Motorsport 4 and placed it into their Xbox 360's, were then shocked to find they were not playing Iracing nor were they playing Rfactor but in fact they were actually playing Forza Motorsport 4.

I feel for you guys, I really do, im sure you'll get over it though, eventually.... maybe.

I think I must be in the minority here as I enjoy racing games in general from arcade racers to simulations. I don't buy one game and complain that its not another, I take each of them for what they are, and I can tell you that I have had as much fun playing Sega Rally as I have RBR and have enjoyed Forza as much I have Race Pro or Rfactor. Get a clue guys and cheer up.

Agree with the above comment. I've owned and played pretty much every arcade and sim racer thats out there on all PS3, XBOX360 and PC. I pretty much maxed out everything I could do on FM3 and found FM4 pretty much the same. I enjoyed playing it as much as I do/did GT5 on the PS3. All I was saying as an out and out RACING game, Race Pro has the right feel to it. For example, FM4 tuning can give you a ridiculous advantage over someone who didn't bother but Race Pro on the other hand will give a few tenths reward for your efforts (realistic IMO). It also produces/produces much closer racing and better physics that the more arcade style DRIVING games such as FM and GT. They are all good in the own right but RP is definitely the better racer. Somebody on another site summed it up well when he said, "Race Pro is a racing game. Forza is a driving game"

It seems like a few people in this thread were actually quite upset to find that when they received their copy of Forza Motorsport 4, opened the case containing Forza Motorsport 4 and placed it into their Xbox 360's, were then shocked to find they were not playing Iracing nor were they playing Rfactor but in fact they were actually playing Forza Motorsport 4.

I feel for you guys, I really do, im sure you'll get over it though, eventually.... maybe.

I think I must be in the minority here as I enjoy racing games in general from arcade racers to simulations. I don't buy one game and complain that its not another, I take each of them for what they are, and I can tell you that I have had as much fun playing Sega Rally as I have RBR and have enjoyed Forza as much I have Race Pro or Rfactor. Get a clue guys and cheer up.

maybe I've missed something but...
I haven't heard too many people here trying to have an Xbox versus pc war.:cautious:

the point was that someone claimed that forza 4 was far better than many other games.
the argument I had was that the physics are not the best (for xbox) and that Dirt 3 and race pro are better.
I don't think there are many people out there (xbox owners included) who would claim the xbox has better driving physics games than pc - so the point is, pc owners with lots of sim experience should be good judges of driving physics. Even better judges are those who drive cars or similar cars to those in games.

so far I have heard my old friend marcin (from the xbox league) claim that a former racing driver knows not what makes good physics, my friend justin swan (who has lots of sim experience on pc) not know what he is talking about and myself and chris (who have both xbox and pc) don't know what we're talking about (oh, I drive cars too - not f1 yet though).

Marcin is allowed to have a different opinion - I have no problem with that. He can keep posting pretty pictures too. that is the difference - looks over physics.

However, I don't see this as at all about pc versus xbox and...when my pc recently had problems, i switched on MY XBOX and happily played f1 2012 and forza 4. I had great fun and thank the developers for making such amazing games..especially when i think back to the spectrum I had in the 1980s. if I could have made one thing better? I should have taken out forza 4 and put in dirt 3 or race pro...for more realistic physics. :roflmao:;)

Agree with the above comment. I've owned and played pretty much every arcade and sim racer thats out there on all PS3, XBOX360 and PC. I pretty much maxed out everything I could do on FM3 and found FM4 pretty much the same. I enjoyed playing it as much as I do/did GT5 on the PS3. All I was saying as an out and out RACING game, Race Pro has the right feel to it. For example, FM4 tuning can give you a ridiculous advantage over someone who didn't bother but Race Pro on the other hand will give a few tenths reward for your efforts (realistic IMO). It also produces/produces much closer racing and better physics that the more arcade style DRIVING games such as FM and GT. They are all good in the own right but RP is definitely the better racer. Somebody on another site summed it up well when he said, "Race Pro is a racing game. Forza is a driving game"
beat me to it.lol

Andrew Ford
Im not quite sure quite sure what your point is fella, I didn't say anything about a Console v PC war. I also didn't suggest that Forza has better physics than Race Pro or even Dirt 3(both of which I love), but rather that race pro having more realistic physics does not make it a better game. Take them for what they are kidder, and enjoy yourself, I know I will.

Andrew Ford
Im not quite sure quite sure what your point is fella, I didn't say anything about a Console v PC war. I also didn't suggest that Forza has better physics than Race Pro or even Dirt 3(both of which I love), but rather that race pro having more realistic physics does not make it a better game. Take them for what they are kidder, and enjoy yourself, I know I will.
I didn't say you did say you said it was a pc vs xbox war. somebody/people hinted that so I was replying and in your post:

It seems like a few people in this thread were actually quite upset to find that when they received their copy of Forza Motorsport 4, opened the case containing Forza Motorsport 4 and placed it into their Xbox 360's, were then shocked to find they were not playing Iracing nor were they playing Rfactor but in fact they were actually playing Forza Motorsport 4

i replied by clarifying my point:
the point was that someone claimed that forza 4 was far better than many other games.the argument I had was that the physics are not the best (for xbox) and that Dirt 3 and race pro are better.

it's all very clear to me: the top 10 list will create/ result in different opinions which is fine. YOU are happy to play different racing games for different reasons. they have different qualities, some arcade and some simulation. i think that would make your decision of a top 10 even harder because...on what basis would you rank your number 1? would it be the best arcade or the best simulation? that aside, my friend marcin would not claim forza 4 was better for just picture or arcade quality. he like his "sims". he stated that forza 4 is the best and in my opinion I disagreed because of the physics.

I had an xbox before a pc. i never expected forza 4 to be Iracing because...I had never played Iracing at the time. However, i found the physics a let down compared to the other games (and the ffb). looks can be deceptive. so I was let down by the fact that the physics do not match the reality of the graphics.

i bet you're a very happy chappy in reality because, if you buy any car game you will be happy. you could buy the zx spectrum game and be happy because "it is what it is".
for me and many others (pc or no pc) I think we want to live the dream and enjoy something as close to reality as possible. Otherwise, why buy a steering wheel and sit in your sitting room? why buy a game that looks real with real cars and track? why not just stick to the same old?

anyway, i'll just enjoy racing sims and you just enjoy whatever game you play son ;)
hope that clarifies. cheers :thumbsup:

I didn't say you did say you said it was a pc vs xbox war. somebody/people hinted that so I was replying and in your post:

It seems like a few people in this thread were actually quite upset to find that when they received their copy of Forza Motorsport 4, opened the case containing Forza Motorsport 4 and placed it into their Xbox 360's, were then shocked to find they were not playing Iracing nor were they playing Rfactor but in fact they were actually playing Forza Motorsport 4

i replied by clarifying my point:
the point was that someone claimed that forza 4 was far better than many other games.the argument I had was that the physics are not the best (for xbox) and that Dirt 3 and race pro are better.

it's all very clear to me: the top 10 list will create/ result in different opinions which is fine. YOU are happy to play different racing games for different reasons. they have different qualities, some arcade and some simulation. i think that would make your decision of a top 10 even harder because...on what basis would you rank your number 1? would it be the best arcade or the best simulation? that aside, my friend marcin would not claim forza 4 was better for just picture or arcade quality. he like his "sims". he stated that forza 4 is the best and in my opinion I disagreed because of the physics.

I had an xbox before a pc. i never expected forza 4 to be Iracing because...I had never played Iracing at the time. However, i found the physics a let down compared to the other games (and the ffb). looks can be deceptive. so I was let down by the fact that the physics do not match the reality of the graphics.

i bet you're a very happy chappy in reality because, if you buy any car game you will be happy. you could buy the zx spectrum game and be happy because "it is what it is".
for me and many others (pc or no pc) I think we want to live the dream and enjoy something as close to reality as possible. Otherwise, why buy a steering wheel and sit in your sitting room? why buy a game that looks real with real cars and track? why not just stick to the same old?

anyway, i'll just enjoy racing sims and you just enjoy whatever game you play son ;)
hope that clarifies. cheers :thumbsup:

My point Is fella that I don't buy a game and get all pissy because an aspect of that game is different to another, meaning I judge them on their own merits, where as you judge them on one single aspect, how realistic the physics are. I don't play Sega Rally or Dirt for realism, I play them because they are FUN. If I want to play something more realistic, I will play RBR, if feel like playing something a little different, I can, because I don't see realism as a way to measure the quality of all driving games, im sorry that annoyed you but thats the way I see it. Like I said kidder, Just Enjoy yourself.

My point Is fella that I don't buy a game and get all pissy because an aspect of that game is different to another, meaning I judge them on their own merits, where as you judge them on one single aspect, how realistic the physics are. I don't play Sega Rally or Dirt for realism, I play them because they are FUN. If I want to play something more realistic, I will play RBR, if feel like playing something a little different, I can, because I don't see realism as a way to measure the quality of all driving games, im sorry that annoyed you but thats the way I see it. Like I said kidder, Just Enjoy yourself.
firstly, you didn't annoy me son. not at all. more important things in life to worry about son ;) also, i'm hardly getting pissy by saying i think that forza 4 is not as realistic or as good as race pro or dirt 3. it's just me giving an opinion and backing it up. i don't think many others would think that is abnormal son. i don't blame you for trying different games - i often play different games. then again, if i was commenting on a a top 10 of racing games, there has to be be a way to order them e.g. graphics, game modes, physics etc. just because i put physics as the deciding factor...you have incorrectly assumed that is my only consideration. i didn't say that so you have misunderstood again. i think forza 4 has nice graphics and lots of game modes. the physics are better than some games gone by. however, compared to race pro or dirt 3, i think what they have in physics is what sets them apart.

out of interest, what is your favourite xbox racing game? or are you saying you don't have a favourite because like people we are all different and special in our own way ?

once again, i'm not pissy and believe me, i enjoy myself son so don't worry that you annoyed me. enjoy ur games but don't blame others for wanting to compare qualities - if we didn't compare and judge things, the world would not have developed sims OR ARCADE games ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back