Japan - RB7(2011) - 1 30.4
China - RB7(2011) - 1 33 .7
Monaco - RB7(2011) - 1 13.5
Hungary - RB6(2010) - 1 18.6
Italy - F2004(2004) - 1 20.0
Brazil - F2004(2004) - 1 10 6
Malasya - R25(2005) - 1 32 5
How many years did you count back?
Are those the only tracks that have been around since 03-04-05?

Great stats thanks.

How many years did you count back?
Are those the only tracks that have been around since 03-04-05?

Great stats thanks.

i counted from 2004 onwards,if u see any discrepancy ,do correct:)

SPA had a bus stop in 04 ,now its a chicane
Bahrain wasnt on the calendar in 2011,so DQ
Spain had the last mega fast double right combo removed and a chicane was added
Silverstone was changed for the 2010
Turkey wasnt on the calendar in 2004
There is some mystery with Hockenheim that i cant figure out so ive left it out- ?
Im assuming Canada is what u looking for ..i didnt add it because the last chicane has been altered over the years ,(the tips of the apex curbing and hight of the chicane),but if we were to include it, then the

FW26 holds it at 1 12 2 - BMW engine 940+HP:)

If you look at it in terms of raw speed and pace, there's no question about it, the 2003-2004 F1 cars were just about the quickest we've ever seen as of 2012. The fact speaks for itself that, on tracks that haven't been modified since that era, they are still quicker or pretty equal pace over a lap with race fuel than most of today's cars are with only a few laps in the tank. The only cars from the last 3 years that can really match them are the 2010 and 2011 Red Bulls.

If you look at it in terms of raw speed and pace, there's no question about it, the 2003-2004 F1 cars were just about the quickest we've ever seen as of 2012. The fact speaks for itself that, on tracks that haven't been modified since that era, they are still quicker or pretty equal pace over a lap with race fuel than most of today's cars are with only a few laps in the tank. The only cars from the last 3 years that can really match them are the 2010 and 2011 Red Bulls.

I found this video the other day which suits the discussion in this thread nicely. No doubt F2004 was an absolute beast. From the video, maybe 1.5 to 2 seconds faster? And thats with a heavy fuel load and without slick tyres, kers or DRS.. just incredible.

Added Germany time to chart

edit:No question the V10 900+HP 19000+RPM 2004 models were the fastest on tracks that had long straits...also they werent heavy on fuel..they had 1 stint worth of fuel..thats not heavy,the bridgestone tyre was also a very good tyre ,able to be punished for many laps

Guys, SebbyHaughtonF1 (maker of the video) was saying the overall speed of the cars. Meaning how fast they can go on a lap. Obviously, more modern cars are quicker.

He was not talking about the most dominate or best for their time. If so, then the MP4/4 would of been there and such.

It's not a bad rundown. I'd even go so far as to say the F2004 was a worthy number 1. Although the tyres were made for it, would like to have seen how it would have done on a level playing field. But 2004 was, for me at least, and incredible year for the machinery, and Ferrari were the best of the lot.

But if it's a case of just fastest on raw straight line speed, Give me that FW-26 anyday :inlove:

Dunno, why the MP-25 is on the list, that was a dog of a car (Still faster than all but 1 or 2 teams though) I would replace it with the Brawn.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back