F1 2013 Too much high speed grip

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Anyone else noticing that it's impossible to lose the rear end at high speed?

In 2012 you could rock the car into a spin on the straight, you could also just hold it off spinning and really
feel the limit of rear grip through the wheel... as you got more and more carried away it would eventually spin...

in 2013 you can wrestle the wheel left and right for all you're worth at top speed down the straight - the car will fight you and stay glued to the track.

the same goes for through a fast corner like tabac at monaco, pouhon at spa, the third sector of the Nurburgring, etc... you just can't lose the rear anymore... this removes a massive amount of challenge and fun from the driving experience and makes this the most arcade offering from CM yet, despite all the vast improvements to graphics and even low speed oversteer!

there has been much discussion about it on the CM forum and I don't doubt that people here will be even more aware of this given their experience with more challenging and realistic racing games.

I can only hope they bring out a patch to rectify this as F1 2012 was already very forgiving - but you could at least cop a bit of oversteer through a quick turn!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%