Too hard to avoid locking tire (BMW M3 GT2@Imola)

I redo this combo again after quite a long time but i found its very easy to lock the tire now even though i only half brake .. i dont remember it is like this last time.

Now i always get flatspot after just a few corner .. so other than adjust brake bias to rear what else i can do ??

Thanks first

Use the suspension app to check your camber and toe values, also see how the purple box turns to yellow and red when you lock the tires. If you just see a small part of the purple box changing colors you can reduce the negative camber (if the color changes one side) and set your toe value to something that gives zero value when braking. If the color changes at the middle, reduce your tire pressure. And if it changes at both sides put more pressure.
You can also try playing with the suspension settings, but it should only affect braking for acqua minerale.

All of that should optimize your tire contact with the ground.

You can either have very long braking distance with low pressure at the brake, or practice, practice and practice braking technique.
I had the same experience coming back to AC after a long time away from sim racing. I'm used to sims and driving without abs, combining throttle and brake and so on. Still I had a big challenge getting the braking distance without abs as with abs without locking.

I'm now after about a month of practicing down to the same times and never locking without abs as with abs on, ALOT of laps.

The technique for me is something like harder initial braking depending on how fast youre going, then directly tapper off and for AC you need to use quite fast down shifting to slow the car down, much faster than other sims where you would lock the wheels with that technique. And with every down shift you need to lower the brake pressure and instantly increase it after. Becomes like a dance when you practice it a while. But it is really difficult to brake effectively in AC in my experience. It all depends on speed and so on so it constantly differs what pressure is possible/needed so you really need to feel it, you cant have a macro for it.

Use the suspension app to check your camber and toe values, also see how the purple box turns to yellow and red when you lock the tires. If you just see a small part of the purple box changing colors you can reduce the negative camber (if the color changes one side) and set your toe value to something that gives zero value when braking. If the color changes at the middle, reduce your tire pressure. And if it changes at both sides put more pressure.
You can also try playing with the suspension settings, but it should only affect braking for acqua minerale.

All of that should optimize your tire contact with the ground.
Thanks a lot. This sounds like a better app than simply seeing temps/pressure from another app. Where do I find this pls?

Thanks a lot. This sounds like a better app than simply seeing temps/pressure from another app. Where do I find this pls?
You have to enable dev apps in your \assettocorsa\system\config.ini\ change enable dev apps from 0 to 1.
Google it so you can see a more datailed guide if you have trouble.
But I wouldn't recommend using them in races as they use a huge area of your screen.

Not sure why but after re-install the game it become much better now .. now i can even increase brake bias to front without getting locking tire too much ..

Before this i always lock & get flatspot even adjust brake bias a few clicks to rear .. weird.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.2%