TOCA Race Driver 2

Blast from the past

Hey Bram, how r u man, heard from Slider no more "Grote Bos Atlas" 4 u, just 100% into the racing stuff, is that correct? Anyway, good thing you still have my username intact and even that silly banner is still there, lol².
Do u have any spare time to visit my humble island in the near future, or is this completely out of the question?
Would be nice to go on the piss one evening or so, don't u think, take some time off, and come over here, so we can talk face2face, i would like that alot man.

Holy Linchpin, i thought u were fallen of the edge dude, but yur still breathing, thk god.
We are all a bit rusty, i suppose, a changed haircolor (if any), and have 2 read the newspaper with 4 eyes nowadays, but 4 the rest i'm doing quite well (still backscratching on the tarmac, nothing changed, hehe)

Well, if u r in 4 a retro-race or demolition-derby or a typical honk-flying-race, let me know, i'll be there, thx in advance.

P.S.: I have a suitable RD2.exe 4 Vista, if u need it

Well, u know how it goes Bram, i have 2 sons, 17 and 18 years old, so my machine is playing COD Modern Warfare an World of Warcraft all day long, even until after i go to bed, so there's not much time for "daddy" to sit behind the wheel at the mo, may be it'll come back after they "grow up", lol.
But yes, if i play a game it will be RD2 still, i can just go in and drive my brains out, so it's vry easy to play.

Regards
Martin

Hi Bram, what OS are you running? I'm sure I tried and failed to get this working in Win 7 64bit a while ago. It still looks good, might give it another try :)

So many memories..this was my fav racer from the last generation (consoles). I'd love to play this again on PC but I'm also on Win7 64 so be good to know if it works or not.

Well, the problem lies within the starforce DRM, I had this with Blazing Angels it made my Win 7 unable to boot (due to the outdated DRS is not digitally signed), so you need to download their removing tool and ...
either install their latest DRM (really ..) or use the internet to download a ... you know, for not needing the CD.
But then it should work according to the german post at youtube (well, if Win 7 already rebooted and fails to start, you need the DVD, open the repair console and delete all .dlls that are part of the original DRM after that Win 7 will boot again and you can run the removal tool)

Was #2 better than #3? I had #1 on PS2, was great but #3 was a piece of bullsh...

gday boys, toca race driver 2 was hugely important to me after i first played it as a 3 or 4 year old back when it came out. i'm from australia, so it was called V8 supercars 2 in my country.

i only ever found out about blackhole motorsports (the website) a couple years after it had shut down, so i was never able to download mods from the site. over the years i've collected a few through wayback machine but 95% of the links are dead nowadays.

i came here just wondering if anyone had kept anything from the site back then archived, i still play the game occasionally to this day and it's a lot of fun to mod. i know it's a long shot because a lot of these mods are almost 20 years old but i'm begging if anyone has stuff backed up on an old hard drive or computer somewhere please feel free to contact me.

i'm mainly interested in skin mods for the V8 supercars, but anything will be appreciated.

cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years