Tobii Tracker 5

Tobii Tracker 5 was released yesterday and mine arrived today. For those that aren't aware, it is a head and eye tracker - so 2 functions and enables one to look past the normal screen and see an extended view. I'm using it with F12019 on a Samsung 49" 32:9 monitor, which is bigger than the recommended size of 27-30".
It is impressive: sat in the garage I can look down at my knees and up at the garage roof. Left and right to almost over the shoulder. Just shows how much real estate there is in the game.
Out driving it again is good but can do an annoying snap shift, so one misses the apex of a critical hairpin.
I'll try to fine tune it, but my initial thought is with an ultrawide using look to apex, it is probably unecessary but on a smaller monitor it could well be well worthwhile.
Comes with a 30 day return policy, so some fiddling to do.

I've now tried it on a 28" monitor and it is better but still has some annoying snaps. I've tried sensitivity dialed down to 5% the lowest setting, and still catches me out. So on a ultrawide screen with max look to apex, it is unnecessary. But on a smaller monitor it definitely has a purpose to give an extended view of the playing area.

Worth a look at, but mine is going back.

Haven't tried TrackIR and EdTracker.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.3%