1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Tobii Eye Tracker experiences?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by RaceWasGood, May 11, 2017.

1. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    Has anyone here tried this: https://tobiigaming.com/eye-tracker-4c/ and if so, what are your thoughts on it? I'm not so keen on the VR stuff (yet) and use a TrackIR from time to time, but the eye tracking system seems a bit smarter and from what i understand it doesn't require any "head-gear" at all.

The max recommended screen size however is 27" for 16:9 and 30" for 21:9 aspect ratio. I'm using a 40" screen at 16:9 so this might not be possible for me at all, but still interested in hearing your opinions and also if you use a larger screen size than recommended.

Thanks!

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +275
    No experience, but I just watched their video. Immediate problem I see is that they instruct you to install the gadget at the bottom of your monitor... where it's going to be blocked by your steering wheel!

3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    Excatly my thoughts! Would be interesting to know if anyone tried it on the top bezel and if that works.