Toban Raceway Park and Howston Dissenter

rFactor 1 version looks better...:confused:
Why oh why...

Highly subjective, especially because YouTube muddies the videos. To me, rF1 Toban only looks better when you're ignoring dynamic sky, dynamic lighting, weather, real road, road reflections, overly bright blue kerbing, black borders of the kerbing, low res background, simplistic trees, and out-of-scale objects in rF1.

rFactor 1 version looks better...:confused:
Why oh why...

To be completely honest Lily, no the Rfactor 1 version doesn't look better, the colors alone look bloody awful

There's days when I switch RF2 on take one look and switch it right back off, then there's days when I get into a race and just get completely lost in it, the graphics engine isn't the best in the world, but in terms of stock content what it does is good enough, it's a bit like Iracing in respect of the further you get from the track edge the worse it gets, but whats around that track edge isn't a million miles removed from reality

I throw in a bit of sharpness and contrast with Sweetfx to get it where I want it, but outside of that you take it for what it is, it's a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it, I tend to do both and I view it much the same as I do R3E, when I switch it on it's for the racing it offer's not for the eyecandy

rf2.jpg

To be completely honest Lily, no the Rfactor 1 version doesn't look better, the colors alone look bloody awful
View attachment 133969
You know what, I reinstalled rFactor 1 today, to compare myself...
I tried to make it pretty with HD skies... A enb filter... I installed some nice hillclimbs and the Hot Hatch mod...
And I'm afraid you're right after all.
GOD I never remembered it was THAT ugly...:confused:
I guess my memory is worse than what I thought.
I'm afraid I can't play rFactor 1 and maybe even GTR2 anymore.
I'm too used to Assetto now... Also started playing Automobilista... Might get rFactor 2 soon.

Still, I hope that eventually they improve the lighting of rFactor 2.
I don't know how it's called in English, but also the "atmospheric effect", to add some depth.
Textures are fine, I guess.

You know what, I reinstalled rFactor 1 today, to compare myself...
I tried to make it pretty with HD skies... A enb filter... I installed some nice hillclimbs and the Hot Hatch mod...
And I'm afraid you're right after all.
GOD I never remembered it was THAT ugly...:confused:
I guess my memory is worse than what I thought.
I'm afraid I can't play rFactor 1 and maybe even GTR2 anymore.
I'm too used to Assetto now... Also started playing Automobilista... Might get rFactor 2 soon.

Still, I hope that eventually they improve the lighting of rFactor 2.
I don't know how it's called in English, but also the "atmospheric effect", to add some depth.
Textures are fine, I guess.

I bought RF1 the day it came out and while it was good at the time for what it was it's not something I'd go back too

I can't see RF2 advancing much further than it already has, certainly not in terms of graphic's, it's getting a bit long in the tooth now and any new major content will probably be via a modding group or paid DLC by the looks of things and I'm not really interested in that to be fair, I only fire up RF2 maybe once or twice a week at most now and paying for 2nd rate mod content wouldn't be something I'd entertain anymore

AC I played to death initially, it looks good with some tweaking but the racing leaves me dead, the AI are just crap, there are some good scratch builds in there though and I still jump in to drive them

Automobilista I'm just playing around with now and quite enjoying, the Marcas and Formula classic are good fun and I like having some new tracks to learn

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back