1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

TM T500 with rF2: Match on screen wheel rotation

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I have a new wheel so I am slowly setting it up for the various sims. Today was rF2 turn.

I went on track with the F. Renault and I turned on the visible wheel on screen to see if I could ,match the rotation. The laps I took with the wheel off (my default) the steering seems a bit off.

Sure enough, I was way off even though I had the wheel set at 540 on both the TM CP and the settings for that car in rF2.

After a little tweaking and a couple of restarts, I got really close, but still when I turned my RL wheel to 90 degrees(3 o'clock) the on screen wheel would barely go to 2:30. If I turned to 6 O'c;lock, the on screen wheel would go to 4.

That doesn't seem right. The car drove OK enough after I adjust it and I did press the "discover" button on the controller CP. I find it strange that I cannot match the online wheel at all.

Is there a trick I don;t know?

2. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I was messing around with this and I think 380 is about the limit for the 3.5, using that ingame and on the wheel it matched perfectly. Starts going off a bit with anything higher than that though.

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Thanks, I'll try that. But why have the lock set at 540 for that car. Frankly, I never undertstood why it's so difficult to change the lock of those cars. I changed it from 5430 to something lower, went on track, made no chage and when I looked at it again it had overwritten my change.

What's the point of that. Anyone knows?

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

set you wheel rotation to what you want by your wheel for the open wheeler
    then go in to the user data folder go into your user nmae profile folder then open up the controller config and change this line to deg you have at your wheel

found in general controls

Steering Wheel Range="270" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

5. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Thanks guy, I'll look into that.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Did you have success. :)

7. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Unfortunately, shortly after I posted this my T500 stopped powering up. I am now waiting for parts from TM to see what the issue is. Once it's back in working condition I'll let you guys know.

8. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Just finished fixing my wheel, It now works fine with the on screen one. I usually turn it off anyway, but I check that it matches first.

• Like Like x 1