TM Ferrari F1 upgrades - SLI-PRO etc.

Alright, so the time will come soon. Could somebody explain what I'm going to need in order to have:

- SLI-PRO
- 5 working rotary encoders

Obviously I'll have to buy the SLI-PRO and the rotary encoders but what else? Which cables? Any other controller boards? Speaking about the stuff from Leo, http://www.leobodnar.com/products/SLI-PRO/.

Plus, does anyone have a schematic for the face plate (I don't know how to name it any better, the front thingie with the Ferrari emblem and fake knobs attached), so that I can go to a workshop and ask them to make a carbon fibre one.

I'd like to have a headset connector on the wheel as well but I'll probably be better off to connect a 3.5" extension cable to my PC and place the other end somewhere on my rig. Also, a button box might be nice but I'm a bit lost which one to use, there are so many different ones ont he market. Derek Speare, maybe?

This is my rig, as it is currently running - pictures were taken when I was done with all the work in December but it hasn't changed since.

(Click the images above for high-res pictures)

I would wait for the SLI-F1 that will be available hopefully next month! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong. The dials, should be working with 12 position rotary switches, the 2 rotating knobs you see next to the CHRG and DIF IN labels, could be encoders (no fixed positions).

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it'll snug in perfectly. :S Plus it's only the SLI-PRO in a case, as far as I can see.

So if anyone wouldn't mind to tell me exactly what I have to buy to get everything done as described above I'd greatly appreciate that. :D

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it'll snug in perfectly. :S Plus it's only the SLI-PRO in a case, as far as I can see.

So if anyone wouldn't mind to tell me exactly what I have to buy to get everything done as described above I'd greatly appreciate that. :D
The SLI-pro and the F1 are slightly different. The F1 follows the same pattern as the real in car displays, also the groups of 3 leds are in different position and the pro has an extra 2 info panels compared to the F1. They both do the same thing the F1 being slightly more compact(less info 4 boxes each side of the gear indicator as opposed to te Pro's 6)

Tl;DR F1 looks cooler XD

Edit: to answer your other question EK reccomends 2-3 12 position switches to get the most out of the software, after those use rotary encoders or the rest of the dials.

Upvote 0
Right, I sent a request to Leo and hope he's going to sell one to me before he's listing it on his website. :p

Damn you guys making me want this instead of the SLI-PRO. Any word on the price, tho?

Upvote 0
Hm, sounds tempting. Yet, I'm really bad when it comes to soldering and don't want to trash it. My friend is an electrician, he should be able to do that, uh? Then again, it'd involve waiting. :p

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies