1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tire textures: help needed for markings+pics

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by meerkat80, Oct 10, 2015.

1. I have 20+ cars that need tire textures, so I prefer to get it right the first time.

My idea is to make a tire marking that makes sense (not just random letters). I understand FL, FR, RL and RR but of course it's useless for obvious reasons (just one tire texture per car).
    I sometime see a colored circle, which I guess it's color-coded compound like F1. But I'm just guessing.

The markings must be generic enough to be for the 4 different textures available on DR: tarmac, tarmac wet, gravel and snow.

Also, there's a time span of almost 40 years (omg...). For now, I'm starting with the Impreza WRC2001-2002.

This is what I made so far without any knowledge of the markings, basically I invented mine...
    [​IMG]

Ideas?

2. Hmm, not as familiar with Rally, but you'd have practise tyres sometimes, race tyres set aside for the final etc.
    I see you've got super special marked on that one.

But, and i'm sure someone else will know way more than I here, maybe have the markings as you stated already?
    Tarmac: T
    Tarmac Wet : TW
    Gravel: G
    Snow: S
    Not very good, but, yeah, maybe it'd be better to say what type of tyre they are, so, semi slick, wets, gravel, studded?

Either way, i wouldn't worry too much, so long as you get the manufacturer on there, then you're sorted, just match to the liveries' tyre sponsor. PZero model for the Pirelli etc.