DiRT Rally Tire textures: help needed for markings+pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 216626
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 216626

• Deleted member 216626

I have 20+ cars that need tire textures, so I prefer to get it right the first time.

My idea is to make a tire marking that makes sense (not just random letters). I understand FL, FR, RL and RR but of course it's useless for obvious reasons (just one tire texture per car).
I sometime see a colored circle, which I guess it's color-coded compound like F1. But I'm just guessing.

The markings must be generic enough to be for the 4 different textures available on DR: tarmac, tarmac wet, gravel and snow.

Also, there's a time span of almost 40 years (omg...). For now, I'm starting with the Impreza WRC2001-2002.

This is what I made so far without any knowledge of the markings, basically I invented mine...
K1tRNQU.png

Ideas?

Hmm, not as familiar with Rally, but you'd have practise tyres sometimes, race tyres set aside for the final etc.
I see you've got super special marked on that one.

But, and i'm sure someone else will know way more than I here, maybe have the markings as you stated already?
Tarmac: T
Tarmac Wet : TW
Gravel: G
Snow: S
Not very good, but, yeah, maybe it'd be better to say what type of tyre they are, so, semi slick, wets, gravel, studded?

Either way, i wouldn't worry too much, so long as you get the manufacturer on there, then you're sorted, just match to the liveries' tyre sponsor. PZero model for the Pirelli etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back