1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC tire temperatures

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tomas Torasen, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Hello!

I wonder about tire temps. Most original cars have defined temperature for optimum performance.

But for other tires, like the formula light from URD they just released. Any way to find out the correct optimum temps for tires like that?

2. where do you find the optimal temps for the official cars?

3. Well there is information about the different tires that kunos gave out officially and then (I presume) is what third party app developers used as reference when creating tire temperature apps. I dont remember the name of the apps, but some tires are known to the app and are named and thus have a shorter range of optimum temp and color is choosen depending on it, because we know more exactly in what range they work best.

4. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I asume it's this app!?

Unfortunately I can't see it in the apps list after installing it yesterday (I think I pasted everything where it should go in and also enabled the box for it in the game options.) Any ideas to help me out?

5. Yep thats the one I use. Very good app if only all tires could be included, also the most used mods like the mazda 787b. I'll post the question in the app thread.

6. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

Make sure to go to settings main menu ---> general screen and see if the app has a check mark on it, then it should appear on the side app menu in game.

7. Were not talking about the app not working. were talking about it recognizing different tires and what is the optimal temperature range. It only recognizes most original content.

8. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Sorry @Tomas Torasen for the off topic.

@Cristian Haba I checked that box but it doesn't appear in game. Will double check the app installation soon.

(Sorry again Tomas ;):whistling:)

9. The tyre temp apps do not give the temperature that is used for grip calculation and their "optimum range" coloring is based off old and sometimes wrong info posted by devs.

Open the in-game telemetry app. Find the TEMP_MULT_LF, RF, LR, RR values. Those are the % of grip multiplier applied on each tyre depending on tyre temps. When it's 100 you are in the optimal range. To see the optimal range temperatures find the PRACTICAL_TEMP values and do the correlation. Tyre apps give you CORE_TEMP. PRACTICAL TEMP = 0.25 x SURFACE_TEMP + 0.75 x CORE_TEMP

Edit : Also in the telemtry app, the "live" values are the ones on the left side. The values on the right side are some sort of moving average that filters out osccillations and it's a bit late, don't use them

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. CiciMiciKILLER

CiciMiciKILLER
    Hawk Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Great info! Thx a lot!

12. Yep exactly the info needed. Thanks alot! Now I just need to get enough free time to invest some time on this and write down numbers.

If anyone manages to calculate the optimum temperature in tire model 5 for some cars please post the info in this thread.