F1 2011 tire change under red flag

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It's allowed in F1 so it should be in game. No matter if it's good or not.

And we DON'T know if Vettel would win Monako GP without red flag... He was doing he's best there and I think, he could manage. Alonso is not Hamilton - He's agressive, but not crazy. Only crazy drivers can overtake here (Hamilton...).

If the red flags didn't happen, Vettel would have to go on those supersofts that he already had for I don't how many laps but they were really falling apart. Btw, just because Hamilton is a crazy mofo that doesn't mean he's the only one that can overtake at circuits like Monaco. If they are confident enough, everybody can overtake there.

If it wasn't for the red flag I believe that Vettel would screw it up somehow (because he's known to do from time to time when he's under pressure) so that the Monaco GP would probably go in the hands of either Alonso or Button. Button more than Alonso.

So Vettel, as the leader, can't change tyres under a red flag, but nobody has an issue with Hamilton getting his rear wing fixed - which would have otherwise seen him either black-and-orange flag'd or in the pits for so long as to be effectively out of the race - just for him to go and banzai Maldonado out of the race almost immediately, and cause yet another red flag but for the near inhuman ability and professionalism of the Monaco marshals? Me no agreesy.

Don't think were gonna get red flags in 2011, black for certain drivers yes. Safetly car under yellow flags (heavy rain/bad crash) but i doubt if they can stop race and restart again. Maybe I've missed something? I think the FIA have changed rule about changing tyres under red-flag unless swapping from or to wets. (p.s. my money would have been on Button in Monaco without the Vettel tyre change)

If the red flags didn't happen, Vettel would have to go on those supersofts that he already had for I don't how many laps but they were really falling apart. Btw, just because Hamilton is a crazy mofo that doesn't mean he's the only one that can overtake at circuits like Monaco. If they are confident enough, everybody can overtake there.

If it wasn't for the red flag I believe that Vettel would screw it up somehow (because he's known to do from time to time when he's under pressure) so that the Monaco GP would probably go in the hands of either Alonso or Button. Button more than Alonso.

Vettel got soft tyres, , not supersoft. He's got them from 17th lap, and I think in Monako soft tyres (not super soft!) can manage 60 laps. Remember that last year Vettel has ended Italian GP on only softs! (stopped for primes on last lap)

Vettel got soft tyres, , not supersoft. He's got them from 17th lap, and I think in Monako soft tyres (not super soft!) can manage 60 laps. Remember that last year Vettel has ended Italian GP on only softs! (stopped for primes on last lap)

Vettel, this year went to start the race with the Super-soft compound then changed to Soft (meaning one real pit stop). When the red flag appeard, he changed to Super Soft again.
Last year were Bridgestone's which were so good in terms of wear that they .

OnT: You should be able to choose a new set of tyre when the red flag comes out, it will also be very interesting how Codemasters have done. Will we drive manually to the grid or does the computer take control of the car and position it at the grid?
Hopefully CM doesn't dumb down the restart after red flag with a stand-still start!

Don't think were gonna get red flags in 2011, black for certain drivers yes. Safetly car under yellow flags (heavy rain/bad crash) but i doubt if they can stop race and restart again. Maybe I've missed something? I think the FIA have changed rule about changing tyres under red-flag unless swapping from or to wets. (p.s. my money would have been on Button in Monaco without the Vettel tyre change)

red flags are confirmed with grid restarts.

Vettel, this year went to start the race with the Super-soft compound then changed to Soft (meaning one real pit stop). When the red flag appeard, he changed to Super Soft again.
Last year were Bridgestone's which were so good in terms of wear that they.
I meant that he WOULD win without red flag. No that he didn't switched while red flag.
yes, Bridgestones was good, but not SO good.

OnT: I hope that, the same tyre menu like in garrage will appear, and we can choose set.

I meant that he WOULD win without red flag. No that he didn't switched while red flag.
yes, Bridgestones was good, but not SO good.

OnT: I hope that, the same tyre menu like in garrage will appear, and we can choose set.

Vettel wouldn't have won at Monaco without the red flag.
His tyres were finished and he would've had to pit for tyres. Alonso would've had to pit as well but Button's tyres were fine, so he could've stayed out and took the win.

The Bridgestone tyres were a joke. You had 1 pitstop per race.

And no, Alonso's Super softs were newer then Vettels and Button I believe had Softs so that means that Vettel would have struggled on those tyres if the red flag didn't happened.

It was announced on numerous occasions during that part of the race that Alonso was going to mirror Vettel's pit action as they were both struggling with older tyres. So without the Red Flag, Vettel 100% would've pitted and Alonso would've done the same.

Basically, red flag rule screwed the true race result and robbed Button of a win

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%