F1 2011 Tips on saving tyres

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Tyre wear does seem very scripted, I raced on online 50% race and due to a drive through penalty I decided to run longer between stops and try to gain the time back, all was going well until the final lap when the tyres went from ok to ZERO, no grip whatsoever, surely I would of seen a steady degrading instead of them falling of a cliff

Oh and getting a wheel makes all the difference, just upgraded from xbox wheel to fanatec csr, holy moly what a difference! :)

I think the patch has made a difference to the tyre wear.. definitely seems as though you can do less to prevent tyre wear since the second patch. I didn't have any particular unusual wear issues prior to the patch but since then have on three occasions had a quadruple puncture whilst trying to make them last a bit longer than usual. Just adds to the feeling that the tyre life is scripted and that there isn;t much you can do to make a difference.

Tyre wear does seem very scripted, I raced on online 50% race and due to a drive through penalty I decided to run longer between stops and try to gain the time back, all was going well until the final lap when the tyres went from ok to ZERO, no grip whatsoever, surely I would of seen a steady degrading instead of them falling of a cliff

Oh and getting a wheel makes all the difference, just upgraded from xbox wheel to fanatec csr, holy moly what a difference! :)

I think the game's simulating the Pirelli tire life, which take about a lap to get up to temperature, offer their best grip for 2-4 laps, then drop off around half a second and stay there, until they drop off dramatically. The game doesn't have tires gradually losing their grip, it happens within the last lap(s) of a stint, and can catch you out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back